Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

LaTex Fetish posted:

flak cannon is basically a shotgun

FLAK MONKEY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

Zombie Squared posted:

friends call me the shotgun shogun due to my refusal to use any other weapon and also my love of japanese culture.

also I actually have no friends.

im ur friend
jk lol

Also best shotgun is Super Shotgun

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
people can say there's a best shotgun but then they think of another shotgun that owns

this is because

they're all the best

even the shotgun from doom 3:roe

but not the shotgun from doom 3. it's not a real shotgun. real shotguns go boom and are satisfying.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
according to an LP i'm watching, the shotgun from the 2013 shadow warrior remake is a sad turd of a weapon

mabels big day posted:

im playing E.Y.E. divine cybermancy and I've used nothing but the shotgun thus far.

just wait until you get the automatic one. :twisted:

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

I recently learned Payday 2 has a shotgun revolver, drat I should get that game next sale

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

what do you think is a bigger threat to the future health of shotgun gaming: cover shooters with regenerating health that encourages players to engage enemies from far away or senran kagura

Dec 26, 2012

Schnedwob posted:

according to an LP i'm watching, the shotgun from the 2013 shadow warrior remake is a sad turd of a weapon

just wait until you get the automatic one. :twisted:

tbh though if you arent using the sword in shadow warrior remake something already went wrong

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

i like shotguns except for shotguns where the pellets disappear after a certain distance

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

01011001 posted:

tbh though if you arent using the sword in shadow warrior remake something already went wrong

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
My first sexual experience was firing the upgraded shotgun in resident evil 2.

Shotguns in Max Payne 3 are among the most satisfying. Especially in slo mo.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The Shotgun was good in the SNES rendition of Jurassic Park as well; I found it disappointing that the designers felt the need to make a dart gun more powerful than a shotgun, though

I died many times to T Rex due to my shotgun stubbornness

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

the shotgun lightguns were awesome but house of the dead 3 kinda sucked

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Shotguns combine my two favorite things about guns into one package. Shots, and guns.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The Shotgun with explosive shells in DN64

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kylra posted:

Shotguns combine my two favorite things about guns into one package. Shots, and guns.

Combine this! *Blows your head off with a rocket launcher, the superior weapon*

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Get this: a shotgun that shoots rockets

Gearbox taking science too far

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Wormskull posted:

Go back to general rocket poo poo. This thread is for real guns that don't need any weakass post-firing acceleration assistance to be effective.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kylra posted:

Go back to general rocket poo poo.

:staredog:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Rocket launchers are awesome and shotguns are awesome

The two should never be combined

americong
May 29, 2013

an evenly dispersed pattern, of self-propelled explosives

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

01011001 posted:

i never liked shotguns in that game, they always felt insanely awkward to use
yea it's true, but it's more about the aesthetic of an rear end in a top hat with a shotgun and a big lumberjack beard going around loving poo poo up that makes it the best playthrough - the game is short enough that novelty playthroughs don't get too boring

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
the flak cannon is the best shotgun even better than the doom one.

also the duke nukem 3d shotgun feels like it has so much weight behind it

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Flak Cannon is one of the hardest shotguns to use properly.

But drat it feels so good when you do.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I prefer the Q3/QL nailgun to the Flak Cannon in a few ways, and yes it includes more than just that it's in Quake instead of UT.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

flak cannon's secondary was basically a grenade launcher. shotgun + grenade launcher it really is hard to beat that. plus you could ricochet the shrapnel.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

HL/Perfect Dark shotgun secondary: Shoot shotgun twice

This is acceptable

Dec 26, 2012

Grim posted:

yea it's true, but it's more about the aesthetic of an rear end in a top hat with a shotgun and a big lumberjack beard going around loving poo poo up that makes it the best playthrough - the game is short enough that novelty playthroughs don't get too boring

punching everything to death works better

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

01011001 posted:

resident evil 4 lets you shoot everyone w/ good shotguns and then have stunned survivors to kick if there are survivors

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

01011001 posted:

this is why the heavy guy in borderlands 1 is better than the heavy guy in borderlands 2

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

01011001 posted:

The Ballistic Fist in New Vegas was originally supposed to take shotgun shells as ammunition; it's really hard to get unarmed weapons to take ammunition in that game though. IIRC Fallout Tactics did this though

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mabels big day posted:

this is why the heavy guy in borderlands 1 is better than the heavy guy in borderlands 2

None, however, can match mighty power of THIS Heavy.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
halo 3's dual shotgun pistols were legit as gently caress

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Lonos Oboe posted:

Shotguns in Max Payne 3 are among the most satisfying. Especially in slo mo.

The slow-mo sawed off shotgun reload animation in Max Payne 2 is the best reload animation in gaming. The camera spins around Max showing off his cool grizzled guy trenchcoat and he does not reload the weapon.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
FEAR shotgun is so good it breaks physics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coFLF3itB5A

If you used any other weapon you're a scrub

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
since everyone mentioned all the other good shotguns, i gotta mention the AA12 in spec ops: the line. it was so drat OP, i guess it was loaded with slugs or just had a super tight grouping because it had really good range and would even shred guys in armor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZZJDsKtj3U

gentlemen welcome to dubai

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

Minarchist posted:

since everyone mentioned all the other good shotguns, i gotta mention the AA12 in spec ops: the line. it was so drat OP, i guess it was loaded with slugs or just had a super tight grouping because it had really good range and would even shred guys in armor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZZJDsKtj3U

gentlemen welcome to dubai

Looks like it has FRAG 12 explosive ammo actually, it ejects green cases :black101:

Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007
uhhh sniper rifles OP.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Syphilicious! posted:

uhhh sniper rifles OP.

Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron