Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007

You are one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Syphilicious! posted:

uhhh sniper rifles OP.

nope

Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007

shut the gently caress up. shut the gently caress up!

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Syphilicious! posted:

everything you can put in a shotgun:

slugs
buckshot
birdshot
phosphorous
darts
flechettes
grenades/frag ammo
beanbags
rock salt
wooden dowels
taser shells
rubber balls
pepper balls

everything you can put in a sniper rifle:

just boring old bullets from like 100 years ago or something

Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007

Minarchist posted:

slugs
buckshot
birdshot
phosphorous
darts
flechettes
grenades/frag ammo
beanbags
rock salt
wooden dowels
taser shells
rubber balls
pepper balls

everything you can put in a sniper rifle:

just boring old bullets from like 100 years ago or something

people you can kill in videogames with shotguns: people who are close enough that you can see yourself reflected in their eyes

people you can kill in videogames with sniper rifles: everything and everyone no matter where or how or who or why

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Syphilicious! posted:

people you can kill in videogames with shotguns: people who are close enough that you can see yourself reflected in their eyes

people you can kill in videogames with sniper rifles: everything and everyone no matter where or how or who or why

:whitewater:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Syphilicious! posted:

You live in a camper van.

Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007
you know I'm right. you all know I'm right.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Slugs own. Shooting snipers in their stupid loving heads with slugs from a mile away in battlefield games is the best feel.

Dec 26, 2012

Syphilicious! posted:

-slugs
-darts

Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007
I don't give a gently caress

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

durrr i liked the railgun in quake durrr

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Syphilicious! posted:

not the guy 10 feet away from you that you just missed with your bolt action and is now unloading his 12 gauge into your face with impunity

or the guy who sneaks up behind you while you're staring into a tube forever oblivious to everything

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Syphilicious! posted:

Weapon you use if you want to be a cool attractive sexhaver: shotgun

Weapon you use if you want to be a dumb pasty nerd jerking yourself off: sniper rifle

Also doom didnt have a sniper rifle

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Syphilicious! posted:

you know I'm right. you all know I'm right.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Gallant loads up his shotgun and rushes the enemy in a blaze of glory, tea bagging them when he's done with them

Goofus adapts to retarded concepts like "bullet drop" and "doping" that "enhance immersion"

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Fellis posted:

Also doom didnt have a sniper rifle

two round bursts from the chaingun were 100% accurate though

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Seriously slugs in Battlefield are hilarious. I was using the neostead on this one sniper who would go to the exact same place every god drat time and couldn't find me because he had lovely tunnel vision and I was moving like five feet and slugging him in the skull.

Sniper users are stupid.

Dec 26, 2012

Widestancer posted:

Gallant loads up his shotgun and rushes the enemy in a blaze of glory, tea bagging them when he's done with them

Goofus adapts to retarded concepts like "bullet drop" and "doping" that "enhance immersion"

bullet drop owns (in stalker, when using the vintorez)

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Ddraig posted:

Seriously slugs in Battlefield are hilarious. I was using the neostead on this one sniper who would go to the exact same place every god drat time and couldn't find me because he had lovely tunnel vision and I was moving like five feet and slugging him in the skull.

Sniper users are stupid.

BC2 had the best/most broken weapons, the laser accuracy on the shotguns with slugs was so awesome. you could pick off someone from across the map with the USAS-12 loaded with slugs and the accuracy perk.

01011001 posted:

bullet drop owns (in stalker, when using the vintorez)

VSS in any game is awesome, I like using it with a red dot sight or 4x since it's range is kinda lovely

its a shotgun fan's sniper rifle :unsmith:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

when you use a shotgun there is like a lot of blood

gibs too

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I guess they nerfed slugs in later BF games because snipers were bitching about them.

Snipers ruin everything. There should be some sort of answer to the sniper question.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Check out this WACKY jar of pee snipers can use

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Widestancer posted:

Check out this WACKY jar of pee snipers can use

actually that's the only good thing a sniper can do

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

mabels big day posted:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
if you can't see the whites of their eyes you are a coward.

Dec 26, 2012

Minarchist posted:

its a shotgun fan's sniper rifle :unsmith:

considering how big a 9x39 round is that sounds about right

DanDee
Jun 2, 2011
slugs were pretty awesome in BC2 but my heart pines for the return of an (actually potent) 40mm underbarrel fist of god in a newer game

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Minarchist posted:

VSS in any game is awesome, I like using it with a red dot sight or 4x since it's range is kinda lovely

VSS in BC2 owned, it was like a G3 that fired faster, loaded faster, and came with a free scope for the occasion where you aren't raking people with it at point blank.

And of course because snipers are idiots they never used it because it wasn't made for being useless.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Too bad that Battlefield games past Vietnam have been pretty bad, because shotgun slugs are awesome and more games need them.

mabels big day posted:

Best way to play sniper in TF2
1) Forget about the sniper rifle
2) Equip bow and arrows, jar of piss and huge rear end machete
3) Go medieval on your foes, melee enemy snipers with a severe case of tunnel vision (all of them)

americong
May 29, 2013

qnqnx posted:

Too bad that Battlefield games past Vietnam have been pretty bad, because shotgun slugs are awesome and more games need them.

3) Go medieval on your foes, melee enemy snipers with a severe case of tunnel vision (all of them)

its good that tf2 classes can generally roll several different ways, such as your battle sniper

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

qnqnx posted:

Stop making me wanna reinstall tf2

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Syphilicious! posted:

those are the lyrics to one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands; http://vimeo.com/19866691

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

read dis as shoguns

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
the secondary mode on the shotgun in turok rage wars had you pump the gun a bunch and then it instantly shot like 5 rounds at once and i came

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Gobblecoque posted:

the secondary mode on the shotgun in turok rage wars had you pump the gun a bunch and then it instantly shot like 5 rounds at once and i came

So did your shotgun.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Shotguns = giant penis

Sniper rifle= not so giant penis

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

The modded shotgun in RE2 is a beautiful thing too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0rBXQiwCq0&t=3m21s

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Minarchist posted:

wooden dowels

uh

what

why

e: apart from against vampires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU