Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Metro 2033's shotguns are pretty weak, excepting the Abkhats or whatever it's called, the belt-fed one that's DLC

Metro: Last Light adds a really useful Saiga-12 and also fixes the revolver-ish one by letting you reload it all the way; Abkhats still owns too

The lever-action shotgun in Fallout: New Vegas isn't hugely effective but it is damned sexy to fire and reload and for some reason guys you kill with it fly across the room, while the riot shotgun is probably the most versatile single weapon in the game thanks to the variety of 12-gauge shell recipes

FEAR's shotgun is just ridiculous, but automatic weapons really shine in that game so I don't use it that much

Black Mesa's shotgun was kind of a disappointment TBH, though it's more effective than HL1's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Benny D posted:

Deus Ex, the combat shotgun with sabot for slaughtering robots (yes I know you took the gep gun) or buck for greasels

Good opinion here. I tended to dump every recoil mod I found into it

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Widestancer posted:

I used the pump shotgun in deus ex for some weird reason it just felt right

learning that there was a pump shotgun on liberty island was like :wth:

(you have to go swimming.)

• Locked thread