Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
an amazon essentials wireless mouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i have lots of money and a vague urge to purchase some more e-waste yospos what do i do

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Bloody posted:

i have lots of money and a vague urge to purchase some more e-waste yospos what do i do
buy an android phone

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i already have one

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

flakeloaf posted:

this new r.a.t. 7 feels nice

I have one of those and it's ok but it looks retarded. have you seen what their keyboards look like?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tin Gang posted:

got a new computer mouse and the scroll wheel doesn't click it just smooth scrolls. this is awful who likes this

my current mouse does that, but there's also a button you can use to change it to click-scrolling instead of freewheeling

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
portable battery pack refurbished from ebay. i give it two charge cycles

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i got a directv deca thing from amazon but ive been too lazy to install it

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Phoenixan posted:

i bought a retina macbook pro 15

this is v good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
still wanna mouse with a very heavy high inertia mouse wheel. im talking palladium or heavier. perhaps platinum-iridium? and super fuckin smooth bearing. i want that mother fucker to spin for literal minutes from a good movement

nice nurled finish on it too. rough enough for good grip but smoothed off enough that you can lightly use some finger pressure to slow down the high momentum spin if necessary, without bringing it to a halt

ive got your motherfucker's motuhs' watering huh

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

:unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

ahahahah

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

someone needs to make a displayport to a composite video output

e: lol it exists jfc

e2: whoever has pagancow in the upcoming secret santa please send him one of these and force him to use it somehow, i want to see him blow a blood vessel in his brain

funeral home DJ fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Aug 24, 2014

duck pond
Sep 13, 2007

echinopsis posted:

still wanna mouse with a very heavy high inertia mouse wheel. im talking palladium or heavier. perhaps platinum-iridium? and super fuckin smooth bearing. i want that mother fucker to spin for literal minutes from a good movement

nice nurled finish on it too. rough enough for good grip but smoothed off enough that you can lightly use some finger pressure to slow down the high momentum spin if necessary, without bringing it to a halt

i would give my hard earned dollars to a kickstarter for a whole mouse with this kind of design all milled aluminium everything

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Ripoff posted:

someone needs to make a displayport to a composite video output

e: lol it exists jfc

e2: whoever has pagancow in the upcoming secret santa please send him one of these and force him to use it somehow, i want to see him blow a blood vessel in his brain

even better (but not quite)

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

echinopsis posted:

my marathon mouse was like that when I bought it new but six years of use and its kinda wonky now

only gone through six aa batteries :pcgaming:

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
I bought a dell precision t5610 with dual xeon 6 cores in it.

sad the guy i was getting it for opted for only 32gb of ram, I really wanted to slap at least 128gb in it.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I bought 2 cheap lenovo laptops

it's been working ok for my gnome 3 linux experience, not so much for my brother's windows 8 experience though

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

motherboard for a Lenovo T540. one the the IT guys at work was going to throw it out because some of the ports were broken and he said the warranty wouldn't cover it. he said I could have it and I picked up a motherboard from eBay for $250. replaced the motherboard and gave it to my sister.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

motherboard for a Lenovo T540. one the the IT guys at work was going to throw it out because some of the ports were broken and he said the warranty wouldn't cover it. he said I could have it and I picked up a motherboard from eBay for $250. replaced the motherboard and gave it to my sister.

what a coincidence, I also gave it to your sister. lol

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Citizen Tayne posted:

what a coincidence, I also gave it to your sister. lol

tori sned the yostip

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
finally set up those deca adapters and they work really well for ~$8 each. recommended if you dont feel like running ethernet (its only around 200 mbit though) and afaik you dont need directv for it to work

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

I have an old projector so i own one of these i pull out when I want to transfer a rough idea onto canvas.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Because I have a burning desire to CJ some Linux onto my home router for some reason, also I want to dick around with IPv6

(it's a router-shaped-but-otherwise-mostly-standard headless fanless x86 PC)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I bought a bendy light that plugs into a USB port

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Silver Alicorn posted:

I bought a bendy light that plugs into a USB port

Those are fun :3:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Mr Dog posted:

Because I have a burning desire to CJ some Linux onto my home router for some reason

well dont

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

some totally :pcgaming: headphones & mic for cheap

http://www.dx.com/p/sades-sa-903-usb-2-0-gaming-headphones-w-microphone-black-red-300cm-cable-231953#.VAHce2K9KK0

no-one else will see them, so the Alienware-style shame is mostly abated.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

http://www.dx.com/p/sades-sa-903-usb-2-0-gaming-headphones-w-microphone-black-red-300cm-cable-231953#.VAHce2K9KK0

i don't really play games where i need a microphone but if i did, i would probably just use my existing nice headphones and get a lapel mic like http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR-35S-Audio-Technica-Microphone/dp/B00006I51V/

is there some other downside to this idea that i'm missing?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Citizen Tayne posted:

My last computer purchase was a MacBook Air in 2012.

same

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol why would you buy $40 headphones from dealextreme

they are going to fall apart and catch fire in a week but before that they will sound like someone is pooping through a tin can

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
fart reverb

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Beeftweeter posted:

fart reverb

username/post :allears:

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Ocrassus posted:

I have one of those and it's ok but it looks retarded. have you seen what their keyboards look like?

wow so its basically a toy but for "adults"

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
A 500 GB Evo 840 SSD, the most worthless upgrade I ever did.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a veon brand 40" tv as a new computer monitor

:retardsmug:

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Mr Dog posted:

Because I have a burning desire to CJ some Linux onto my home router for some reason, also I want to dick around with IPv6

(it's a router-shaped-but-otherwise-mostly-standard headless fanless x86 PC)

does it do bgp

i bought 16gb of ram today because 4gb is just not enough

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

A random 16GB USB 3 flash drive from yodabashi, akihabara, japan because a photo studio gave me a DVD and my macbook has no DVD so I borrow someones computer and copy over.

http://www.yodobashi.com/バッファロー-BUFFALO-RUF3-PW16G-BL-USBメモリ-USB3-0対応-オートリターン機能搭載-16GB-ブルー/pd/100000001001941036/

I have a shrink wrapped superdrive sitting under the coffee table in new york collecting dust.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

program666 posted:

A 500 GB Evo 840 SSD, the most worthless upgrade I ever did.

why is that worthless

i have a 256 GB 840 Evo and it thoroughly suits my needs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
For the price it's not that great of a upgrade, it doesn't do anything that much better than my old 7200 rpm drive.

• Locked thread