Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Teeter posted:

Dee here. I'll get around to changing the team name now that I've got a roster.

I feel like that draft went terribly because I have no grasp of the scoring and was struggling to figure out relative value of each position. That's on top of not knowing any of these players, because I only just started digging real deep into football last season. Fingers crossed that I picked up all starters (and healthy), so we'll see if they can scrape together some points for a few wins. It's good that none of this matters and I should be able to have a lot of fun even if I have a terrible showing.

same

I am the Captain of the Deef Squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aredna posted:

The report cards are great. It's time to talk trash for the week 1 matchups:

Leperflesh, How does it feel to be projected to only finish the season ahead of the 2 autodraft teams?

Yeah apparently drafting like seven linebackers in a row is bad???

Then again Yahoo thinks three of my players are out, but it's talking about week 3 of the preseason so who knows if it's failing to take that into account or what.

Someone was really railing on me for not drafting Watt or Quinn at first overall. Probably that's correct, what the gently caress do I know?

I relied heavily on Fantasypros' Cheat Sheets "IDP" tab, This spreadsheet made by another goon in this league (I forget who but thanks dude), and the NFL depth charts which helped me confirm that players are actually starters on actual teams.

Unfortunately none of these tools told me that five of my players have preseason injuries. I'm sure they'll all be fine though, because defense players are tough. Right? They will heal up and be great.

Somewhere around six or eight rounds into the draft I started realizing my bye week situation was grim. I had to skip over several players I wanted in order to not gently caress myself on three particular weeks.

I dunno, hopefully yahoo will update player status for these guys sometime this week, or I'll have to hand-research every single player by thursday. Ugh.

quote:

Draft Summary

Immovable Objects was set up perfectly to draft a playoff-caliber team with the first overall pick. Instead of using that to their advantage, however, they chose to go a different route that's geared more towards losing. They're only projected to finish 10th in THE loving IDP FRENZY League with a mark of 4-9-0 (2,058 points). They addressed the defensive side of the ball, selecting Lavonte David, Bobby Wagner, and Jerod Mayo early on in the draft. This roster is loaded with LBs, as Immovable Objects drafted eight of them.

Nice draft. If there were a Fantasy Football Hall Of Fame, you should nominate yourself. Wait, there is? And you can??

Worst Position

Immovable Objects has one weak area, DT, that they may want to improve.
Schedule

Immovable Objects can chalk up Week 10 as a loss. They have five players and the most projected fantasy points on bye that week. Based on their opponents' projected points, they have a more-challenging-than-average schedule. In addition to having the fourth-most grueling overall schedule, Immovable Objects also has the league's second-toughest first four games and second-most difficult last four games of the season.

LOL. I got a "B" and that makes me the worst!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 2, 2014

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I figure it'll be touch and go with waiver wire pickups, with weekly matchups coming into play as well.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hmm yes I'm projected to finish 10th of 12. But...

quote:

Draft Grades

Unstoppable Force
A

Smash Mouth Football
B+

Hagel's Heroes
B

Immovable Objects
B

Oliver_Sak's Team
B

Big Scary Black Men
B

O-Rank All-Stars
B

Azhais's Team
B-

Deef Me Seymour
C

Dee's Team
D+

PLACEHOLDER
D

Dodgeboy19's Team
D

yyeeeaaaah, I'm gonna go ahead and put zero credence into this.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah apparently drafting like seven linebackers in a row is bad???

Then again Yahoo thinks three of my players are out, but it's talking about week 3 of the preseason so who knows if it's failing to take that into account or what.

Someone was really railing on me for not drafting Watt or Quinn at first overall. Probably that's correct, what the gently caress do I know?
Yeah, Watt should have been #1. He's just insane from not only an overall points, but also from a VBD perspective. The dropoff after him is crazy. Quinn isn't far behind, but I had him at #5 overall. You should be really happy with David though. Ignoring that I'm a Nebraska homer, I had him at #2 overall based on projected stats. He was insane in college and it felt like he would be involved with the tackle on almost every play at times. If I didn't get Watt I was really hoping he would fall to me.

Leperflesh posted:

I relied heavily on Fantasypros' Cheat Sheets "IDP" tab, This spreadsheet made by another goon in this league (I forget who but thanks dude), and the NFL depth charts which helped me confirm that players are actually starters on actual teams.

Unfortunately none of these tools told me that five of my players have preseason injuries. I'm sure they'll all be fine though, because defense players are tough. Right? They will heal up and be great.

Somewhere around six or eight rounds into the draft I started realizing my bye week situation was grim. I had to skip over several players I wanted in order to not gently caress myself on three particular weeks.

I dunno, hopefully yahoo will update player status for these guys sometime this week, or I'll have to hand-research every single player by thursday. Ugh.
I did the spreadsheet because I found it so hard to sort on the Yahoo site, but didn't share any of my VBD calculations. Some of the projections were updated since I made it though as I found during the draft so I had to play it by ear there. I don't know about the classic tool, but the newer draft tool was really good at showing current injuries and making it easy to read about them with only a few clicks.

You'll be fine week to week with waivers though and I wouldn't worry too much about injuries as long as you can field a starting team the first week. I may not be able to yet either

Leperflesh posted:

LOL. I got a "B" and that makes me the worst!

Yeah, the draft grades are pretty funny. It worked better than I expected it to for an IDP only league though.

Leperflesh posted:

Hmm yes I'm projected to finish 10th of 12. But...

yyeeeaaaah, I'm gonna go ahead and put zero credence into this.

I've gotta believe in anything that ranks me first overall!

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty OK with where I was projected. The Big Scary Black Men are going to rule.

Aredna, thanks for posting that spreadsheet, I would have been completely lost without it. I basically just added the top 30 or so guys from each position, then made sure I was drafting an even mixture. You missed the first 12ish Safeties, which I only caught because I drafted Harrison Smith in a different league with IDP.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Yoshifan823 posted:

I'm pretty OK with where I was projected. The Big Scary Black Men are going to rule.

Aredna, thanks for posting that spreadsheet, I would have been completely lost without it. I basically just added the top 30 or so guys from each position, then made sure I was drafting an even mixture. You missed the first 12ish Safeties, which I only caught because I drafted Harrison Smith in a different league with IDP.

I did that too, more or less, except I started by searching for names of people I'd heard of before regardless of how they were ranked. If I've heard of them that probably means they're good! ...right?

between this draft and the reverse scoring draft im starting to feel like a scrub again.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Yoshifan823 posted:

poo poo... that explains why I didn't have them ranked. I was wondering how there were safeties on waiver that were projected for more points than ones I had on my team. No clue how I missed those, but if it's any consolation I completely missed them too.

That also means I hosed my VBD for them and they shouldn't have been as low as they were on my spreadsheet relatively. I'm still happy with my team, but suppose I could have come out better overall.

Current list. Potential people that talked about signing up but we haven't heard from: The Rising Suun, Professor Moriarty, Boomer The Cannon, old dog child

code:
Rank Username         Team Name            Record  Total   PPG   YT#
  1. Aredna           Unstoppable Force     12-1    2227  171.3   5
  2. Yoshifan823      Big Scary Black Men   12-1    2095  161.2   6
  3. JoeRules         Smash Mouth Football  11-2    2151  165.5   4
  4. Obama Yo Mama    O-Rank All-Stars       9-4    2100  161.5   1

5.                  Oliver_Sak's Team      7-6    2115  162.7   7
  6. Jerome Agricola  Hagel's Heroes         7-6    2085  160.4   8
  7. Azhais           Azhais's Team          5-8    2042  157.1  10
  8. timp             Deef Me Seymour        5-8    1971  151.6   3

9. Teeter           Dee's Team             5-8    1920  147.7   2
 10. Leperflesh       Immovable Objects      4-9    2058  158.3   9
 11.                  Dodgeboy19's Team      1-12    624   48.0  11
 12.                  What's Goin On Here    0-13    489   37.6  12
ohh! One of the autodraft teams changed their name! Best of luck to you with waivers!

Aredna fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 3, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Both my safeties are playing tonight

:getin:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yahoo still hasn't updated statuses. They're showing Bobby Wagner as Out, but that was news for week 3 of the preseason.

ESPN says he returned to practice Monday August 25th, but where can I look at a team's official injury report to see their status on D players? I can't even find info on whether he played in the final preseason game.

e. Does his absence from this page mean he's playing?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
They have a note at the top of the page now saying it's an error and that Wagner and Sherman are playing despite their status.

Of course, I should just tell you they are out, but I won't need the the advantage to win this week.

e: Wagner needs to calm the gently caress down and rest for the 2nd half

Aredna fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 5, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The note didn't mention burnett, but he played. Good job yahoo.

I'm happy with wagner but I don't think it's enough to give me a serious shot against you this week, unless yahoo's guesses about poitns are super-widldly off (which they might be).

I'm realizing my DTs are probably not great and I have no backup DTs. I thought justin smith would be great? But maybe he's just old, or maybe it's just that dallas will do nothing but throw the ball.

Anyway I guess I'll wait and see how this first week pans out before I start loving around with my bench too much.

...I didn't realize Whitner went undrafted, weird.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Yeah, and I was shocked I had no competition for him on waivers. First thing I do after a draft is go look at who went undrafted because every year someone is worth grabbing. I'm sure a big part of that had to do with my spreadsheet somehow missing out on the top dozen or so safeties when I set it up so anyone, myself included, using it missed them.

Stat corrections are going to be quite annoying in this league. It makes sense due to the little demand for perfectly accurate defensive stats during the game and the fact that it's not just the guy with the ball that gets credit for what they do. But you had about 6 points more at one point before stat corrections. Definitely a league where we can't count our chickens before they hatch.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Sep 5, 2014

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
God damnit Richard Sherman, you're on the cover of Madden 15. How can you put up zero fantasy points in the season opener?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

timp posted:

God damnit Richard Sherman, you're on the cover of Madden 15. How can you put up zero fantasy points in the season opener?

This is the nature of boom/bust IDPs aka shadow corners. They can win you one week and cost you another. It all depends on how daring the opposing OC cares to be. He doesn't leave his spot on the field so the Packers had their shittiest receivers on his side all night except towards the end where they allowed Jordy to line up on his side of the field.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Suave Fedora posted:

This is the nature of boom/bust IDPs aka shadow corners. They can win you one week and cost you another. It all depends on how daring the opposing OC cares to be. He doesn't leave his spot on the field so the Packers had their shittiest receivers on his side all night except towards the end where they allowed Jordy to line up on his side of the field.

I have Jordy in a couple other leagues and I was really looking forward to the Sherman-Nelson shootout. Instead the only time in the entire game I noticed Sherman was when he stood around looking all confused after allowing a Packer to slam into the Seahawks punt returner and immediately drop the ball :downs:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

Yeah the commentator for the game last night pointed this out, that the seahawks don't swap their corners, and while the seahawks D is renowned as very very good this seems like a significant weakness. If my team's WRs are flexible enough to line up wherever I want them to, I can pick favorable matchups against your corners for every down. Why wouldn't you, as seattle's defensive coordinator, let your corners swap after green bay has shown that they're quite happy to put their star receiver up against your weakest corner and then throw the ball at him repeatedly?

Course they won the game so, eh.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah the commentator for the game last night pointed this out, that the seahawks don't swap their corners, and while the seahawks D is renowned as very very good this seems like a significant weakness. If my team's WRs are flexible enough to line up wherever I want them to, I can pick favorable matchups against your corners for every down. Why wouldn't you, as seattle's defensive coordinator, let your corners swap after green bay has shown that they're quite happy to put their star receiver up against your weakest corner and then throw the ball at him repeatedly?

Course they won the game so, eh.

Well, for the same reason that Rex Ryan was perfectly fine letting Revis have his own side of the field. I imagine that DCs utilize data that shows them when their players are most productive, and if Sherman can shut down a side or player and be most productive on one side only, then it gives the DC significant freedom to do other things like add pressure to the QB or add a safety to the side without Revis/Sherman.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Not looking like it's going to matter, but I would have sworn I remembered to start Whitner. Just win by more than 13 points so I don't hate myself. Looks like this is going to be a nice way to start the league for one of us though: 2nd in points and 0-1

We should come up with some sort of punishment if you happen to lose to an autodraft team somehow. Perhaps you have to trade your best player for their worst player or something.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 8, 2014

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

:suicide:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aredna posted:

Not looking like it's going to matter, but I would have sworn I remembered to start Whitner. Just win by more than 13 points so I don't hate myself. Looks like this is going to be a nice way to start the league for one of us though: 2nd in points and 0-1

We should come up with some sort of punishment if you happen to lose to an autodraft team somehow. Perhaps you have to trade your best player for their worst player or something.

Yeah I'm probably gonna win this one. I have two slots to play Monday, and if it looks like Beason won't play I can slot in Minter or Flowers, and I only need 4 more points.

Dunno about 17, though.

It's fun to see just how bad Yahoo is at projections of course.

Also now that we've started the season with those autodraft teams, I assume we have to leave them untouched for the season right? Otherwise it's free wins for some teams and not for others...

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Basically just leave em as is at this point. Two teams will get 2 free wins from it, but on the other hand some people will benefit for having bye weeks line up with them well too.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Polamalu :whatup:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
wrong thrad

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Sep 12, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Lawrence Timmons got me 17.75 points. Good job Lawrence Timmons.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I'll take starting the week at 6 points over projections. Let's see if this can hold up.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Aredna posted:

I'll take starting the week at 6 points over projections. Let's see if this can hold up.

... not so much

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Yeah... McCoy was in last I checked, but mainly WTF @ Watt this week.

Also apparently we don't get credit for offensive touchdowns in this league. Not that it matters for the week or I really care, but good to know for the 1 time a year that happens.

I wonder about special teams touchdowns though. Maybe only if the player went in as the kicking team?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Aredna posted:

Yeah... McCoy was in last I checked, but mainly WTF @ Watt this week.

Also apparently we don't get credit for offensive touchdowns in this league. Not that it matters for the week or I really care, but good to know for the 1 time a year that happens.

I wonder about special teams touchdowns though. Maybe only if the player went in as the kicking team?

fwiw I feel like a defensive player getting an offensive touchdown should be worth at least 100 points.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I'm all in favor of this and making it retro active.... Until I lose to it in a few weeks when the Lions do something dumb with Suh again.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

No more free wins from me. :colbert:

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

This has been great, I love the extra element it adds to fantasy because getting my normal leagues torn apart through injuries and arrests wasn't enough. I just hope the points keep coming in because the first two weeks have gone wayyyyy better than I expected.

So far I got to watch my first round pick suffer a concussion while crushing Joe Flacco, and one of my DE got ejected for punching some GB player after a 2pt conversion (he was on my bench, luckily). Fantasy football, everyone!

Teeter fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 18, 2014

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Here's a hell of an incoming stat correction

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Defensive player of the year

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I wish all of my players could over-perform like this.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So, for the teams whose owners are total absentees: make substitutes for the bye weeks, or just leave as-is?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Leperflesh posted:

So, for the teams whose owners are total absentees: make substitutes for the bye weeks, or just leave as-is?

I think there's only one at this point, right?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I am playing FA/waivers to fix my poo poo autodraft team, I am still here.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

:argh:

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rising Suun
May 10, 2006

watch out I'm ornery
I guess I'm supposed to check in? I'm oliver_sak. I WAS SO HAPPY when someone dropped DeAngelo Hall, then he gets hurt while having a great game. Back to the ole CB stream. also RIP Lamarr Houston.

• Locked thread