Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Thank christ I'm up against one of the dead teams this week, the combination of injuries and bye weeks has beaten the poo poo out of the Big Scary Black Men. I'm starting two guys just coming off of injuries, and a Safety on bye this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

IDP only is really hard, kill me. I bet if you deleted my team it wouldn't even affect the league balance. Bleh, this is what I get for forgetting to set up autodraft before traveling.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Get your lineups ready you lazy bastards. It's football time! Five teams are still starting players on bye, and another has an empty slot at safety.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm thinking if this happens again next year, another bench spot (or two) would be handy. This week is killer for me, I've got 5 guys on bye and Shazier who is out for a few weeks, and smaller leagues with positions like Kicker that are pretty equal between players have a similar number of bench spots.

Or I'm just a whiney baby who should learn to look at bye weeks when drafting Safeties.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Get your lineups ready you lazy bastards. It's football time! Five teams are still starting players on bye, and another has an empty slot at safety.

I really feel like I can't drop anyone :/

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Yeah, ignoring the fact that I also like deeper benches, I'm also finding this week quit tough. It definitely feels better to get a 0 this week instead of 5 from waiver and someone else getting my 8py/week player.

I would say next year no auto draft teams as well unless yahoo gets its presets together or someone posts confirming they have at least enough players sorted out to fill a solid team. It would also really help to have positional limits for autodrafting, but we may need to find a new site for that.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Larger benches aren't the answer; smaller teams are the answer. Half the amount of starting positions for each team.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
That works as well. It's more about the ratio of bench to starters to prevent what we have now. Deep leagues can have a lot of transactions as well with active managers. My league with 9 bench spots (4 IPD instead of DST) has 133 waiver transactions on the season already.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
My entire bench is injured/on bye this week, I have 3 byes both weeks 6 and 9, and two byes each week 10-12, but I'm still able to set a full lineup through the playoffs v:shobon:v

The Rising Suun
May 10, 2006

watch out I'm ornery
If Chandler Jones scores 9.9999~ points or less, then I beat the current first place team. C'mon Eric Fisher.

I'm fine with the roster sizes and bench spots.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Rising Suun posted:

If Chandler Jones scores 9.9999~ points or less, then I beat the current first place team. C'mon Eric Fisher.

I'm fine with the roster sizes and bench spots.

Yeah, was a distinctly average week for everyone on my roster. Jones just needs another pick-6!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I need for Jerod Mayo and Rob Ninkovich to combine for 13.25 more points than James-Michael Johnson and Dontari Poe tonight in order to win. That could totally happen, right?

At least it's kinda cool I have two pats and my opponent has two chiefs, so I can root for opposing defenses wholesale. I also have the pats D/ST in my regular league. The one kink is that I also have Jamaal Charles and I need him to get some good points as well, since I'm down by 25 with just those two left in that league.

I'm feeling pretty stupid for sitting Bethea, but he was listed as questionable and didn't fully practice all week, so how was I supposed to know he was gonna blow up with seven solos, an interception, a forced fumble, and a pass block?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

This week was rough for me because of the short bench. I have 4 players on bye and one injured. I was able to fill in my flex spots with some DBs who actually ended up as two of my highest scoring players, but I see now that I wasn't even able to roster 4 LBs. I get the feeling that I won't have a complete roster for many of the coming weeks.

The Rising Suun
May 10, 2006

watch out I'm ornery

Azhais posted:

Yeah, was a distinctly average week for everyone on my roster. Jones just needs another pick-6!

Heck yes. Chandler has been boom or bust.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Wow, I did not expect to make up a ten point deficit tonight.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Rising Suun posted:

Heck yes. Chandler has been boom or bust.

He got benched too

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Leperflesh posted:

Wow, I did not expect to make up a ten point deficit tonight.

Yeah, yeah. I just don't know enough about IDPs to pick ones that actually contribute, or even play at all.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't know much either, so I've been going purely based on stats. Each week I'm just checking the waivers for guys who seem to be getting a lot of tackles and try and grab them.

I can't really brag, my success so far has been down to a little following advice from websites, and a lot of luck.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Come on, stat correction in my favor!

edit: :whatup: now it just needs to hold until Thursday

JoeRules fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 6, 2014

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Won by 1 point - or 2/3rds of a tackle... here's to hoping no more stat corrections come in!

Also, I just realized my 2 losses are to the only 2 people with more points on the season than me... who happen to be the 2 people I play twice this year. Awesome.

Time to start hitting up some waivers as well... half my team is Q or D this week.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Haha JJ Watt jesus.

I'm happy with D'Qwell but holy drat.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Leperflesh posted:

Haha JJ Watt jesus.

I'm happy with D'Qwell but holy drat.

Love and hate him this week.... My opponent in my main league where I'm 0-5 and must win this week has him

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Let's go Deeeef! You can take down #1 this week! This one is really gonna come down to the wire and maybe even stat corrections.

The Rising Suun
May 10, 2006

watch out I'm ornery

Aredna posted:

Let's go Deeeef! You can take down #1 this week! This one is really gonna come down to the wire and maybe even stat corrections.

B) Can't nobody hold me down.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Somehow Yahoo just gave me a player as a FA instead of FAAB. The next one I did though went in as FAAB. I'm not sure exactly what caused that, but it looks like I'm not the only one to get some FA transactions today.

Anyone know what's up? It doesn't appear to be foul play as the LM didn't make any moves so I'm at a loss unless it's just Yahoo bugging out.

edit: Why are some players waiver and others showing as FA? I thought with FAAB it was 100% waivers.

Also, holy crap week 9 - I had 7 players on byes this week.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 30, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's clearly set to FA anyone after the FAABs go through early Wed. morning. However, anyone that was previously dropped during that FAAB period, you still have to bid on.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Apparently I'm dumb and took 9 weeks to notice. I didn't realize you could that with FAAB either.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Alright, I did what I should have done weeks ago, and actually took my time in picking up guys for the next week or two. Maybe I can run off a string of wins and sneak into the playoffs.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I'm gonna do my best to prevent that from happening this week!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

haha wow

Fifteen solo tackles in his first NFL start!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Borland is awesome. Go Badgers

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
:unsmith: knocked off the undefeated team

:smith: he is still #1, and since everyone else ahead of me won, I did not move up in the standings

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

haha wow

Fifteen solo tackles in his first NFL start!

i'm dumb shut up :eng99:

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

JoeRules posted:

:unsmith: knocked off the undefeated team

:smith: he is still #1, and since everyone else ahead of me won, I did not move up in the standings

Regardless of standings, I thank you for the job well done! I'm only 1 game behind him now and can take over if I beat him in our matchup later this season. I wouldn't have this opportunity with you.

e: and later this season is next week - can't wait! #1 vs #2... I'm definitely going to lose

e2: I have #1, #3, #4, and #8 (who scored 145 in week 9...) for the last 4 weeks of the season - ouch

Aredna fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Nov 4, 2014

The Rising Suun
May 10, 2006

watch out I'm ornery

Aredna posted:

Regardless of standings, I thank you for the job well done! I'm only 1 game behind him now and can take over if I beat him in our matchup later this season. I wouldn't have this opportunity with you.

e: and later this season is next week - can't wait! #1 vs #2... I'm definitely going to lose

e2: I have #1, #3, #4, and #8 (who scored 145 in week 9...) for the last 4 weeks of the season - ouch

The schedule has definitely favored me. This past week made me nervous from the jump because of both DTs on byes. Big up to Brent "Grimey" Grimes for trying. Also, at least I was not the first guy in this league to give up in Robert Quinn. vvvv Mixed up with another league where I played against Quinn this weeek, sorry.

The Rising Suun fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 4, 2014

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

The Rising Suun posted:

The schedule has definitely favored me. This past week made me nervous from the jump because of both DTs on byes. Big up to Brent "Grimey" Grimes for trying. Also, at least I was not the first guy in this league to give up in Robert Quinn.

???

I drafted Robert Quinn and have started him for every game.

I also had D-line issues this week, but had enough flexibility to make the moves I needed a week ahead of time.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

My team has fallen apart. The roster is so large that it's hard as hell to juggle players on that small bench along with the huge amounts of injuries and bye weeks, but adding to that is the fact that Yahoo sucks rear end for showing any sorts of scoring information and a major lack of info about defensive players. Half the time I honestly have no clue if a player I've got rostered is actually going to play or not, and neither Yahoo nor Rotoworld have been much help.

e: I love the concept of the league but I can't keep up with a lot of it week to week. That said, I'm definitely excited for next season because this is a learning experience and we can make this much better the second time around!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I will kick rear end next year as long as I show up to the draft..I'm learning! My roadtrip in August ruined 2 drafts for me because I got stranded in the middle of nowhere and missed the action. I will plan better!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Teeter posted:

My team has fallen apart. The roster is so large that it's hard as hell to juggle players on that small bench along with the huge amounts of injuries and bye weeks, but adding to that is the fact that Yahoo sucks rear end for showing any sorts of scoring information and a major lack of info about defensive players. Half the time I honestly have no clue if a player I've got rostered is actually going to play or not, and neither Yahoo nor Rotoworld have been much help.

e: I love the concept of the league but I can't keep up with a lot of it week to week. That said, I'm definitely excited for next season because this is a learning experience and we can make this much better the second time around!

Just came to post the exact same thing. My team's going to be a poo poo show this week. My suggestions for next year would be:

1. Cut the number of starting positions in half. 2 LBs, 1 DT, 1 DE, 1 CB, 1 S, and two flexes (D) for 8 starters total.
2. Allow 7 bench spots for a 15 man total roster.
3. Cap the number of teams at 10. Should be easy since we've had 2 dead weight teams this year.
4. Do away with the auction style waivers. poo poo stresses me out and makes me less excited about the league as a whole. Especially when we're not exactly dealing with the star athletes, it's really had to figure out how to value them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

timp posted:

Just came to post the exact same thing. My team's going to be a poo poo show this week. My suggestions for next year would be:

1. Cut the number of starting positions in half. 2 LBs, 1 DT, 1 DE, 1 CB, 1 S, and two flexes (D) for 8 starters total.
4. Do away with the auction style waivers. poo poo stresses me out and makes me less excited about the league as a whole. Especially when we're not exactly dealing with the star athletes, it's really had to figure out how to value them.

Especially these two. It would make me care so much more about this league. As it stands, it's just so daunting and way too much work to maintain a decent roster. This might just be because I'm only just getting into IDP, but I have a feeling this would be better in any case.

• Locked thread