Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
so this came out yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMK0prafzw0

and now my facebook feed is blowing up with :qq:s from aphex fans with no sense of irony

quote:

Die Antwoord just destroyed (not in a good way) one of the best Aphex Twin songs. assholes.

quote:

I have never understood why people like this "band." Every single thing I have heard from them is garbage...

quote:

At least The KLF took the time to re record the Gary Glitter tune ...

quote:

Just because it's the 21st century and nothing is sacred doesn't mean you have to jump off the bridge too. Appropriation has also become regurgitation in a huge way. Cultivate new sounds and ideas even if they are inspired or influenced by the past.
lol if u don't even notice RDJ in blackface in the video, some "fan"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Miley Virus posted:

i feel like they're the same kinda people
yeah exactly, audiospergs treat aphex twin like he's ~SUPER loving SERIAL~ (and rolling stone shitcans drukqs while vicemag produce die antwoord's videos so apparently they're ~worlds apart~) but then afx makes songs about wanting milk from the milkman's wife's tits and whatever

plus there's also this thing, whatever it means
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSe03Dsh7Y4

Amethyst posted:

i watched the ugly boy vid

is that actually RDJ, or someone else wearing a mask?
yeah idk i kind of assumed it was him since they also had marilyn manson (another friend of die antwoord) and those 2 models in the clip but otoh i bet chris cunningham still has a bunch of aphex twin masks lying around they could've borrowed

plus i'm an idiot babby who should probably turn in his yosposters badge because i didn't ID ageispolis in ugly boy until that poo poo came up on my facebook, so my opinion probably doesn't matter. i need to listen to saw1 more

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Miley Virus posted:

hell, if they're fans they'd realise that rdj and die antwoord like each other and he probably gave them express permission to use ageispolis
no but you see death of the author means that rdj's opinion doesn't matter. furthermore,

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
google says it's not actually him http://pitchfork.com/news/57312-die-antwoord-enlist-marilyn-manson-jack-black-flea-cara-delevingne-more-for-ugly-boy-video/
so more fuel for the spergs to get mad since they could only be faking his approval while appropriating his music, face and logo!!!

apparently jack black, flea and "the ATL Twins" (whatever that is) are in it as well though :shrug:

jony ive aces fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Nov 5, 2014

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
i got into aphex twin via salad fingers :negative:

i already listened to a bleep bloop computer music at the time but mostly lovely tiesto crap

e: i guess i only properly got into him via that surgeon glade festival set with W32.Mydoom.AU@mm and two other aphex tracks. pro

jony ive aces fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Nov 5, 2014

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Tankakern posted:

$(ls warp/a*)
some of their stuff is cool but i'm not super keen on Africa HiTech in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
there's a big ol' buttload of uploads on the soundcloud that are only 1 day old tho

• Locked thread