Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
lol i saw tweets about the aphex twin blimp this weekend but i assumed it was a joke

Miley Virus posted:

SAW 85-92 still the best release of his

truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

IDM is not even close to a well-defined genre so i have no idea who you're referring to when you say IDM. some would say Autechre or Plaid is IDM, but neither of them sound like each other or Aphex Twin

this is a p big problem for me cause i'm working through my music collection and properly tagging everything. i kind of solve it by using "(main genre)/(sub-genre)" for my genre tags but it's still vexing with idm cause like obviously autechre and telefon tel aviv are gonna be in different sub-genres of idm but idk what sub-genre

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

i like to put one or two related genres on shuffle. right now i just use filesystem directories for the same purpose but i'd like to get more fine grained and if everything's not tagged right i'll get TTV-type music when i want autechre-type music

(ask me about how i have 7 different sub-genres of ambient music in my taxonomy, not including dark ambient and drone, which are their own main genres and have their own sub-genres. i know ambient music way better tho so i'm more comfortable organizing it.)

• Locked thread