Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

DJExile posted:

I have a series of questions about tonight's games

#1: How the gently caress does Miami beat OSU only 2-1 despite outshooting the bucks 62 to 20 :stare:

it doesn't matter miami wins toot

quote:

#2: How the gently caress does Northern Michigan sweep goddamn Wisconsin

ccha 4 lyfe

quote:

#3: How goddamn deep is this crater Michigan State has been in for years now? Holy hell what are they doing losing to Umass?

something involving jim delany

hope this helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

seriously, though, i need to see the highlights of this game because the boxscore is some :catstare:

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/1415/boxes/mmiaosu1.o18

Miami comes from behind to score 2 in an 2-0 shot 2nd period; followed by a 46-11 shot, scoreless 3rd period

that doesn't seem physically possible :psyduck:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Apparently, the swtiched lines held. Austin Czarnik recorded an assist, both the Coleman-Czarnik-Wideman and Louis-Kuraly-Barber lines combined for 20 shots each, and NCHC Rookie of the YearTM Louie Belpidio scored a goal

and jay williams got a 2nd start in a row and ryan mckay has seemingly been relegated to the backup role :raise: grats on dropping the stupid goalie rotation rico but you picked the wrong dude

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Oct 19, 2014

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

looking at it, it sounds like OSU's goalie was just out of his mind, jesus

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Miami comes from behind to score 2 in an 2-0 shot 2nd period; followed by a 46-11 shot, scoreless 3rd period

that doesn't seem physically possible :psyduck:

Seriously what the hell

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

13 year old girls posted:

Well, I know we were piss garbage last year but let's hope UMass can win a few more games this year :toot:

And I guess I'll root for Merrimack because they're my home town.

UMass Amherst sucks. Join UMass Lowell. :getin:

Michigan and MSU come to town next weekend.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan beat UNH 2-1 last night, so we finally have our first win of the season (that counts)

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

ayn rand hand job posted:

UMass Amherst sucks. Join UMass Lowell. :getin:

gently caress Lowell as a city and a university campus

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

DJExile posted:

looking at it, it sounds like OSU's goalie was just out of his mind, jesus

Seriously what the hell

Apparently the shots were 14-9, 25-5, 23-6 according to the NCHC website recap, but even then, their boxscore is hosed up too :iiam:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
go the minnesota duluth bulldogs

Karma Rocket
Dec 27, 2012

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Apparently, the swtiched lines held. Austin Czarnik recorded an assist, both the Coleman-Czarnik-Wideman and Louis-Kuraly-Barber lines combined for 20 shots each, and NCHC Rookie of the YearTM Louie Belpidio scored a goal

and jay williams got a 2nd start in a row and ryan mckay has seemingly been relegated to the backup role :raise: grats on dropping the stupid goalie rotation rico but you picked the wrong dude

Wasn't McKay taken out after an injury last week? We probably haven't seen the last of the rotation.
Also it's strange seeing Miami win without any Czarnikgoals

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

That would make sense but I haven't heard anything about his long-term health being a problem, I'm sure he'll be back for St. Lawrence, but it'll be interesting to see if Williams wins any more starts, or becomes the 1A in the rotation (stop the rotation)

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Sure is hard to beat a hockey team when all four referees are wearing their jerseys too.

Looking at you, BU.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG goes 1-0-1 with Clarkson on the road. I'll take it

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Neodoomium posted:

Sure is hard to beat a hockey team when all four referees are wearing their jerseys too.

Looking at you, BU.

Michigan had like five powerplays and BU only had two.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Obviously in reference to illegal goals being allowed and legal goals being disallowed.

Also a boilerplate "gently caress Boston in all things." You understand.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Penn State anhillated Holy Cross by a combined 10-2. Big fan of racking wins vs Atlantic hockey teams. Next up, Bentley. :toot:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Can't wait for Minnesota to play Penn State and poo poo on them

gently caress Mankato btw

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Is Penn State still trying to steal "Pride On Ice"?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Penn State is playing today for whatever dumb reason

It owns

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SBNation posted:

Penn State will not play another game at Pegula Ice Arena following this series until January 9th.

what the poo poo :stare:

E: Oh they have tournaments at MSG and CONSOL, that makes a bit more sense

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG splits the Minnesota State series. Can't complain.

EDIT holy poo poo Lowell obliterated UNH

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Bulldogs :getin: imho

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Michigan Tech blows out Michigan twice this weekend. What I would have gave to be back at school for these games. How are we 6-0? What crazy world am I living in.

Realistically we could (should?) be favored at the GLI. Too bad they don't come out to Colorado this year at all.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Air Force and University of North Dakota going to overtime. UND lost a shocker to Bemidji this year, but haven't gotten off to their typical terrible start.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

lol michigan is horrible at hockey again this year

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Neodoomium posted:

lol michigan is horrible at hockey again this year

Do I sense another incoming loss to Penn State?

yes

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

DOOP posted:

Do I sense another incoming loss to Penn State?

yes

Reminder: Penn State's record against Michigan last year: 3-2
Penn State's record against the rest of the Big Ten last year: 1-16-1

Hopefully this is the beginning of a wonderful tradition of Penn State winning their season series against Michigan every year.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I will be most annoyed if we lose to loving Penn State AGAIN this year.

Almost as annoyed as I am when we lose to Sparty.

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
I'll leave this here. Such a lovely situation.

http://www.uscho.com/2014/11/05/after-ncaa-violations-alaska-will-lose-scholarships-postseason-play-and-must-vacate-past-wins/

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh man that sucks :( Sorry man

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
How the gently caress did UConn beat BC on wednesday? I... this is... :stare:.

I spent four years going to pretty much every UConn home game and they spent those four years being absolutely terrible. I was thinking of possibly going to the XL center for a game this year, but drat, now I pretty much have to.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Wow, that's a hell of a win for UConn. Do they play all their games in the old Civic Center?

:woop: HOCKEY TONIGHT YALL, GET HYPE :woop:

PSYCHO KILLER
Niagara @ Bentley
Canisius @ Sacred Heart
Holy Cross @ RIT
Army @ Mercyhurst

AND SHE WAS
Colgate @ Q'Pac
Clarkson @ Yale
Cornell @ Princeton
Dartmouth @ Union
St. Lawrence @ Brown
Harvard @ RPI

BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE
Maine @ Vermont
Merrimack @ Providence
Northeastern @ Mass-Lowell
BU @ YER A WIZARD, JERRY (TV: NBC Sports Network)

ONCE IN A LIFETIME
Bemidji @ Minn. State
FALCONS, BITCH @ SPACEBEAR
Anchorage @ Fightin' Nerds
Ferris State @ NMU

THIS MUST BE THE PLACE
Minn-Duluth @ St. Cloud (TV: FS North, FS North Plus, Fox College Sports)
Colorado College @ Miami
WMU @ Denver

TAKE ME TO THE RIVER
NoDak @ Wisconsin
Bama-Huntsville @ USAFA
Neb-Omaha @ OSU
AIC @ UMass
SPARTY NOOOOOO @ UNH
Notre Dame @ Minnesota (TV: Big Ten Network)

CHANT ALL THINGS. GO ALL TEAMS (except [insert rival you hate], gently caress those guys)

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DJExile posted:

Wow, that's a hell of a win for UConn. Do they play all their games in the old Civic Center?

Yeah, all their home games are in Hartford now. I was really confused when I saw the email, since it was pretty rare that they'd get 100 people to go to home games at Storrs, but attendance for that BC game was over 8000. And they won somehow. So what the hell do I know.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, all their home games are in Hartford now. I was really confused when I saw the email, since it was pretty rare that they'd get 100 people to go to home games at Storrs, but attendance for that BC game was over 8000. And they won somehow. So what the hell do I know.

I will never understand UConn's relationship with Hartford. If memory serves, they have some sort of requirement to play half the mens and womens basketball games in the XL Center (a half hour away!) as well. :psyduck:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Jack Eichel is going to gently caress BC up and I will shriek with delight

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Should have made Big 10 involved games 'Pull Up The Roots' but that is still some pro posting.

Going to tonight's home opener. 0-0-4 Wisconsin hosting #2 North Dakota, the looooong-time bloodthirsty rival that bounced the Badgers from the NCAA tourney last year.

Someone might die tonight!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Seriously, what is up with Wisconsin? I get slow starts and all but how the hell are they 0-4 out of the gate?

E: just turned on BU/BC wooo :munch:

DJExile fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 8, 2014

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Go Bulldogs gently caress St Cloud State inshallah

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo Q'pac isn't loving around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Michigan Tech still undefeated with a 2-0 win. Woop.

• Locked thread