Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yalborap
Oct 13, 2012

Ewen Cluney posted:

I've been working on Dragon World, my PbtA game for adventures in the style of 90s comedy fantasy anime like Slayers and Dragon Half. I've been working on adding new setting info and such, but I'm thinking about ways to improve the classes as well.

Ages ago I came up with an idea for a game called Slime Story, where you play present-day high schoolers who hunt monsters like something out of an MMO as a hobby. It has this weird juxtaposition of the mundane and fantastic, and I've been wanting to make a game for it since like 2006. I recently got inspired to take a stab at doing it in the form of a PbtA game. One neat thing is that it makes a distinction between mobs and raids, so you have fights that come down to a few die rolls, and fights that you play out fully. Still need to work out the high school drama aspect of it though.

It's kind of crazy that you mention that. I was just thinking of Slime Story a few days ago, and sorting out thoughts on a way to do a campaign inspired by what I remembered of that old beta document I saw years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread