Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Trollhawke posted:

So currently I'm working on a 5e setting where Skeletons overrun everything, a summoner class and a source book for Dungeon World based on materialism (like precious gem golems, a town made up of support beams and carpets, a class based on having loads of money, etc etc).

What are you guys working on?

Anything 5e?

My "Cave on the Borderlands" campaign petered out due to two of the players having kids at around the same time, so I'm working on putting together a 4e X-Crawl campaign. The problem is I can't seem to come up with a good overarching plot/framing device. I want there to be some kind of ongoing... something happening in between the dungeon crawl, and I keep being dissatisfied with everything I come up with.

If I can't figure out something, eventually I think I'll can it for now and maybe try to run something unrelated with one of the various Gumshoe-engine games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

PublicOpinion posted:

Evil Corporation uses experimental sports drink, it turns men into monsters and now the corp trying to eliminate the evidence tying them to it. Or, the party needs to raise money to save the orphanage where they all grew up from being turned into a dismal factory where the orphanage's children will be forced into slave labor.

Well, I mean, the endgame is always gonna be "Dystopian government conspiracy" so I can turn it into The Running Man, but that (and likewise the Evil Corporation idea) is something you want to gradually build to. I need some kind of good interstitial for the early part of the campaign. The orphanage idea might have some legs, but one of the reasons I want to do an X-Crawl campaign is to let people go buck-rear end wild with whatever ridiculous overpowered optimization they want, and I don't want them to have to choose between sending money back to the orphanage or buying their next ridiculous magic item.

(Also I'm 99% certain that one of my players is going to use an X-Crawl campaign as an opportunity to play Kenny Powers as a Sorcerer which would probably not mesh well with altruistic motives.)

• Locked thread