Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*doing the Tom Bombadil dance* Fallout 3 got 93 on metacritic but should have gotten a 97!

98?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I would of laughed at that if it just said Fallout 3 got 93 on metacritic but should have gotten a 97! I think.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*doing the Tom Bombadil dance* Fallout 3 got 93 on metacritic but should have gotten a 97!

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
once i got to new vegas i stopped

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I might reinstall this.

OH hell yeah. Simulplay. Nao!

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*thinks about hunting down the 45 mods needed to make it playable and reconsiders*

:eng99:

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Dongslayer. posted:

once i got to new vegas i stopped

You missed out on a lot of great content.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

My favorite moment in fallout history was when whoever still owned the rights to the original 2 games from interplay gave them away for free for a month right before they had to give control of them to Bethesda

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Sir AIDS posted:

You missed out on a lot of great content.

Not really. All the good content is in the desert.

I have yet to beat a fallout game with guns.
Go melee and murder the stupid stealth mutants at the radio tower. Beat the rest of the game with rebar and cement.

Or the flaming honzo steal you get from the gay vampires in 3.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I'm playing Old World Blues right now. I appreciate the sense of humour, I enjoy the more intense levels of combat, and I dwell a lot on the rich theme of the cycle of history repeating itself, being played out over and over by blinkered players who cannot even conceive of the world outside their protective shell of technology. It speaks to the state of our society, and the veil of ignorance and hedonism which so many choose to drape over themselves, as foretold in Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World". Right now I'm collecting coffee cups so I can feed them to a robot.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
I just want to say, I love the overlapping parallels. Most obviously, it's a post-apocalyptic fight for resources, which is a good start. But then it's very much a Western- and not just in aesthetics. You're right, it is the exact same situation in the West in a lot of ways with a burgeoning republic expanding across the continent.

And then it's also an allegory for Iraq and the Middle East. You've got a technologically advanced republic seizing energy resources outside its territory, whipping up resentment mostly through mismanagement and arrogance, and having to fight off violent terrorists. (I know Caesar's Legion predates it by quite a bit- but it still manages to resemble the Islamic State in an eerie amount of detail- complete with a recent battle for a dam.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

it was cool when i found the party hat

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Hard core mode is for retard faggets.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Ragg posted:

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Give me a list of goon-approved mods or the baby gets it!

LOL just kidding. But give me a list of good New Vegas mods please

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ragg posted:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

It's just a bunch of really tedious crap instead of adding any kind of interesting challenge.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
What's the reward you get for beating the game with Hardcore mode?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Sir AIDS posted:

What's the reward you get for beating the game with Hardcore mode?

The game awards you a link to the J. E. Sawyer mod and gives you one final quest: Preach about this lovely mod all over the internet.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It's an achievement. They referred to it as a "reward" generically because every platform has a different name for achievements. I like Hardcore but I only really did it all the way through for that achievement.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

2house2fly posted:

It's an achievement. They referred to it as a "reward" generically because every platform has a different name for achievements. I like Hardcore but I only really did it all the way through for that achievement.

wtf. Turning hardcore mode off now

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

only hardcore mode i've ever really enjoyed was on a hardcore minecraft server. free for all pvp, teams, only safe zone was spawn.

had good times finding stupid poo poo people built and making GBS threads all over it and then murdering them endlessly. sometimes you died and lost all your poo poo, but that's just part of that game

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
fallout new vegas is a good game but the loving game engine is poo poo so no matter how good of a game it is its actually poo poo

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

you may have an ok opinion but no matter how good it is youre a loving dumb oval office so its actually poo poo

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

LaTex Fetish posted:

you may have an ok opinion but no matter how good it is youre a loving dumb oval office so its actually poo poo

no u

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
people who liked fallout 3 more didn't play the first two aka baby gamers

Wormskull posted:

The time when I really stopped giving a poo poo about video games and whether their worth talking about very much was when I seen all the folks from games and all the reviewers say stuff like New Vegas. It's Good. But it just doesn't live up to the Original Fallout 3.

hosed up

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Sir AIDS posted:

Get the Weapon Mods Expanded mod, the New Vegas Anti Crash mod, the One Hud mod, and also a mod that cuts the XP you get in half.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Good luck on your journey OP.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg posted:

I love hardcore mode and I'm neither retarded nor a human being.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sir AIDS posted:

Go to badgame and search for load order and "rape jake" and I posted screens of my old load order with mostly bug fix type mods.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMXWQu32pJ8&t=65s

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Go to badgame and search for load order and "rape jake" and I posted screens of my old load order with mostly bug fix type mods.

i cant find it and i cant filter the thread by your replies because you deleted your account :FFFFFU:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sir AIDS posted:

i cant find it and i cant filter the thread by your replies because you deleted your account :FFFFFU:

That's why I said add "rape Jake" to the search.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sir AIDS posted:

http://badgame.net/index.php?topic=24233.msg4619265#msg4619265

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
ty

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You're both and more.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg posted:

You're both and more.

I loved to be immersed in the Game World. Sue me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If there was a mod to make oyu automatically eat food when you get hungry and it just makes a crunching noise, Hardcore mode would be perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I loved to be immersed in the A Man's rear end. Sue me.

• Locked thread