Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
Played in a tournement for this on the weekend and it was a good time. I hope this game picks up some popularity. It might not be netrunner level good but I'd say I like it more than the other lcg format games. With the recent sets of l5r being great it seems like AEG is firing on all cylinders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
Is that the first we've heard of fear and faith?

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
http://www.alderac.com/doomtown/2015/03/04/faith-fear-preview-swinford-finds-trouble/

New preview is up. The card seems kind of neat if a little weak. The art background looks very cheap. Hopefully it's less distracting small.

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
That looks really fun thematically and mechanically. I came up with a fourth ring build that was light on spells but it was hard to justify rarely using the home ability.

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
That ability on law dogs home is so rarely what I want to be doing. I'm not running tons of wanted punishment mind you but booting influence is such a high cost for the effect compare to the other factions.

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
http://www.gomorragazette.com/news/week-of-the-law-preview-the-arsenal/

New law dogs outfit. I can not see how this forces the opponent into a shoot out like the article says. Does refusing only apply to the rulebook call out?

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
Yeah I figured it out since my post. The advantages are calling out while booted and calling someone out at their home.

Office Sheep fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 19, 2015

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm going to tinker with a deck that starts Sloane, The Fixer, and a few lil randos that basically pulls as many jobs as it can turn 1. Who's going to risk standing up to that kind of force right away?

You still boot home after the job. You also have to be unbooted to initiate a job. Sloane also does not grant the ability have booted dudes join posses. I think you'd still have to do one dude per job if you wanted to do that.

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
I don't think doomtown will ever be netrunner popular but it seems to be gaining a lot of word of mouth steam locally at least. It has only been since February that there is a local base of players. We've been steadily adding players since then.

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
They contain full play sets.

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

Step 1: Take control of town square.
Step 2: ???????????
Step 3: Profit

It allows you to shop and invent while in town square.

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
When kabeda remote triggers a totem does the effect happen at her location or the totem?

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
Look up a guide for jobs.

The arrows on the player mat are misleading. You can't leave your opponent's home to town or left and right without booting.

This is probably the most obtuse of the living/expandable card games. You need to give it some time to click so don't give up if you don't like it after a couple games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
I wish more areas had a scene as healthy as mine. This game is really starting to hit a stride in terms of having a variety of playable decks.

Every pack people say gadgets might be playable now. I've been playing Luke and the mechanical skeleton and I think this time it is actually true. Luke might even be the strongest card in the pack. He is really efficiently costed to the point where without an ability he'd still be a decent card to play. Then his ability takes away the nightmare that is gadget trading logistics as an added bonus.

• Locked thread