Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Picked up my premium set today and played like 7-8 games . I threw together the premade Law Dogs last that was in the book and my opponent, being a Sweetrock vet decided to take up Morgan CC and threw her own deck together.

The two big things that struck me compared to the old game were the speed and the power of cheating. The game is a LOT faster and there isn't enough of a deterrent to cheating with the current cheating cards. That being said, we're both beyond thrilled to have Doomtown back and I can't wait to see what they expand with.

Also the premium set is totally the poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

BJPaskoff posted:

We enjoyed it, but were still fuzzy on what actions automatically boot a dude and which don't, particularly on moving.

Actions that move a dude that aren't the game play action of moving (IE horses or printed actions on cards) keep him in whatever state he was in when he moved unless they specifically say otherwise.

The mantra I always used to remember natural rulebook movement in the game is:

"You always boot to move unless you're moving from home or town square to an adjacent location."

Every time you get confused about it, repeat the words in your head. It covers every normal movement.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Compared to the slugfest that was 7th Sea/L5R/LBS doomtown is a breath of fresh air.

I miss events, and I hope they bring them back in one of the saddlebags.

For the uninitiated, events were heart-suited cards that had effects if they showed up in your low ball hand. They were pretty fun.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I think he'll be huge for giving Fourth Ring a viable starting posse. Right now every configuration seems subpar at best.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Yeah I think he even has the same stats as The Drifter did.

I'm not sure about a 3 of, but he is really good

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Love that art.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

InShaneee posted:

If there is, I haven't seen it. You can still find most of the old fiction online if you look hard enough, and the RPG guidebook Doomtown or Bust can still be gotten at reasonable prices. Kinda surprising no one's slapped together a storyline wiki yet.

Unfortunately Doomtown or Bust only goes to pre-Reaping of Souls. The Black Circle has some cool Whateley background stuff, but not much "current" info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

SirFozzie posted:

Kinda concerned that with AEG getting out of the L5R business because they felt they couldn't do justice to a LCG, that Doomtown is next on the chopping block, for the reason it's an LCG :P

L5R design has been a burning tire fire for like 5 years at this point. I think they realized that but it's not like they were going to say it in a press release. It's not like their design would suddenly become good for that game just because it was an LCG, and frankly FFG has a tough job putting all those factions into one.

• Locked thread