Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Did anyone ever play the awesome old mode that they published in a few magazines (I think Duelist/TopDeck/Inquest?)?

It used a giant map of the entire town and required you to move dudes around it physically while having deeds take up IRL spaces on the board. It was cool as hell and AEG should totally reprint that poo poo if they have it on a Hard Drive somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

PaybackJack posted:

Since I started with L5R and picked up Doomtown after I felt like the rules were SO much simpler. Each guy has one, maybe 2 abilities. Harrowed was like the only keyword that actually did something on its own; and is now. I liked that because it meant that there was less to keep track of on individual cards and place the emphasis more on cards in hand and movement around the board.

Game isn't for everyone but after a playing a couple times a few nights back I'm more optimistic about it than I was before. The only real negative I found was that a lot of the luck came with being able to punish a cheatin hand at the right time. This is obviously something that deckbuilding can help with but I just see the same problem still existing when you're playing the "deeds and dudes" deck that consistently pulls flushes. It's very counter intuitive not to do things like have a single heart in your deck and I see that being a big sticking point for my players when they learn to deck build.

Compared to the slugfest that was 7th Sea/L5R/LBS doomtown is a breath of fresh air.

• Locked thread