Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
I'm looking at Sloan and she says her bounty cannot be reduced below 1. I'm not sure if I should read that as she starts with a bounty of 1 or she starts with zero and just can't go lower if/when she does gain a bounty. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
This is a pretty basic deck I've been working on, plays very aggressive and is quite consistent. It started out with a starting posse and all clubs and I've been slowly easing it back to try to find the sweet spot of consistency vs lowball and card power.

Sloan Clubbed to Death

Outfit
1x The Sloane Gang

Starting Dudes
1x AS Allie Hensman
1x 3S Lawrence Blackwood
1x 3S Ramiro Mendoza
1x 5S Barton Everest
1x 5S Travis Moone

Dudes
2x 8S Steven Wiles

Deeds
1x 6D Stagecoach Office
1x 8D Pat's Perch

Goods
2x 3H Shotgun

Actions
2x 2C Bottom Dealin'
4x 3C The Stakes Just Rose
4x 4C War Paint
4x 5C Pistol Whip
4x 6C One Good Turn...
4x 7C Kidnappin'
4x 8C Rumors
4x 9C Cheatin' Varmint
4x 10C Unprepared
4x JC A Coach Comes to Town
3x KC Point Blank

Joker
2x Joker

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
I think there may be something with combining Gadgets and Hexes. Playing Morgan you can afford to not only start Steele Archer but additional out of faction dudes. The deck I would/will build only runs Blood Curse, Shadow Walk and Soul Blast. The deck would try to use Shotgun, Soul Blast and things like Point Blank to kill dudes and Force Field to cover for weaker hands.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
Ooh, Huckster 1 with an Influence and no upkeep, looks like we have a winner.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
Something that is becoming apparent in our games, Steven Wiles is really, really good. Unless there is a conflict with dudes sharing his number or him just not working for your draw hands I think he will be at least a 3x in most if not all decks. The ability to have a 3 Stud out of nowhere is strong, he is also couple "free" casualties and is on par with Rumors for randomly winning the game.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
Important to note, he is a stud.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
The deck builder is a little clunky but its a good start. Also I'm really happy that they are giving shout outs to the community sites and OCTGN, another example of AEG doing it right.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
Yeah, also a good 2 which will help with Legendary Holster decks.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
Just to be clear the Shotgun compares your dude's bullets (generally 1-3 base) against their value (Ace to King). It's good for blowing up small dudes but it's generally possible to play around. The closest a card comes to just killing a dude is Legendary Holster which pretty much requires building your deck around.

Not going to disagree that Sloan early aggression is very strong, at last right now I think it is the most powerful archetype. Kidnapping aside generally you are going to need to start guys with good influence and keep them at home while you set up deeds, if you can force Sloan to spread out and leave the town square they lose a lot of power. Also I don't know what the normal starting lineup is but if you do play again start with Wendy, her printed shootout action is really strong and goes along way to giving you an edge in an early shoot out should one happen.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011

Randalor posted:

Wait, doesn't kidnap work on people in the Home location? Because he played it on the person I just played and the person demoing didn't say a word. Ditto the shotgun (though that may have been on a 4- or less character anyways. The law dog with 1 stud bullet and increases the value of your hand if your opponent cheats). The other thing that bugged me was that the Law Dog home ability isn't that good against the Sloans when they want to be wanted, though I'm assuming that's more of a multiplayer mechanic.

Yeah, Tommy is squishy so a shotgun can easily end him. Kidnapping can target people at home which is one of the reasons it's so powerful, however if you keep your guys at home early not only does it protect them from being called out normally against a Kidnapping or Ambush it allows you to defend with everyone. Even if they have a little bit of an edge in a fight you have the advantage of being able to put the target in the defending posse and discard or ace him as a causality if you do happen to lose.

The general consensus in our play group is Sloan and Morgan are currently the best, Forth Ring is cool and ok, and Law Dogs are pretty weak. Right now making people wanted just doesn't seem to have enough support to make it worth the effort, I'm sure in future expansions that will be fixed but it sucks for now. The only real advantage Law Dogs have right now is the fact they can start with Wendy, the only dude with an ability that can straight up remove a dude from the shootout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
The main time you are going to want that second core is when you are building around specific cards. 4th Ring hexes is pretty bad, as is anything based on Legendary Holster or Flamethrower.

• Locked thread