Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Deviant posted:

These are great points, but I'm so tight for card space as is, I'm not sure what I'd cut.

I had expected to see Legendary Holster in there with the nunchucks but deck space is tight to retain your draw structure so I can see why they're not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Father Wendigo posted:

Also I just realized that the Sanatorium's buffs/dings are permanent. That holds a lot more possibility than I had first imagined.

No they're not.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Yeah Sloane Exp is really great in that Mid/late game phase where you'll basically be unbooting everyone and you can push to win to double Kidnapping or something

The Joker is good in many ways just now, if all they can hit you with is It's Not What You Know... then it's basically a Joker. It's good for Aggro decks that are prepared to suck up a few Coachwhips etc. It's things like Bottom Dealing that really punish you.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Office Sheep posted:

When kabeda remote triggers a totem does the effect happen at her location or the totem?

It will be at her location I believe.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Single Tight Female posted:

90% sure this exact combo has been discussed somewhere before but I can't find it now - Clown Carriage into The Wretched acing a dude with Vitality Tonic is a legal move right? Seems like acing your dude is a requirement, not a cost but hell if I know.

edit: or is acing a dude always a cost?

Acing a Dude is a cost to bring him into play and costs can never be negated. I tried some shenanigans with cancelling costs (Like using the Dr to prevent the Acing of an opponents dude to No Turning Back) and Gerry said no.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Fair enough. I feel like I still just don't understand what exactly is a cost in this game :(

I actually reread the Wretched and I think you might be right, it seems to be an effect generated by the Wretched when they come into play, not a cost to bring them into play. I have no idea now so I'm going to ask Gerry.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Unless I'm mistaken, cancelling an ace would leave the requirement unfulfilled.

I think would start them down a bit of a weird path where all Acing was uncancellable. Like you Ace a dude to cover casualties then Doctor him then does that mean you've not aced a dude to cover casualties. Maybe it does already?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I really wish Acing was multistep.

1. Declare a target.

2. Target is Aced. Any rules that require Acing a dude are fulfilled at this point.

3. Reaction: Reactions to prevent Acing may be play at this point.

4. Boot Hill. The Dude goes to Boot Hill.

That would still leave a slight issue of Acing as part of a cost and Acing as an effect and triggers for things that happen when a dude is Aced. that structure would mean the Undertaker would happily bury a guy that the Doctor has got back on his feet.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

That does already happen though. The new React and Trait timing rules they introduced mean dudes saved by Lay on Hands or whatever still generate GR for the Undertaker's controller.

Wait what? When did this happen? So Dr. Emanuel Ashbel cannot save himself and Vitality Tonic works at all because it would do literally nothing if it didn't break the timing?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I like this ruling. Bring on the silly combos.

I do as well, I also like the Dog's Duster rulling that means Benny McGill can make your other dudes issue unrefuseable callouts without having to posse himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Father Wendigo posted:

Full Blurry Bad Medicine Spoilers are up.

You know what 4th Ring needed? More Abomination fetching.

Also the Power Suit looks like an actually good, if difficult, Gadget. The LeMat continues their efforts to provide red-pull cheatin' resolutions.

Why are people who make DT spoilers incapable of using a loving camera?

• Locked thread