Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I think after reading the rules twice and watching a video, I finally understand the rules well enough to dust off the core set from GenCon and hit the FLGS. They have a Saturday league night; figure they'll be nice enough to teach me some nuances. How's the health of the game? Is the balance really out of whack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Sounds good. I'll probably toss together babby's first Sloane Gang and see how it does. The game looks super interesting.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

League trip report:

Took my lone Core to the FLGS today and had a blast. Apparently one of the writers for the game runs the League, so he had a bunch of neat promo swag to look at. He had constructed decks for beginners, so I went through the paces and actually won my demo game! I bought another core and the Faith&Fear expac to build a Sloane Gang deck. I'll post the deck later but it's the Desolation Row outfit that blows up the Aims brothers through synergy with Desolation Row, Makaio Kaleo Esq, B&B Attorneys, Charlie's Place, Legendary Holster, and Pearl-Handled Revolver. Fred Aims became an 8-bullet stud wrecking ball, flanked by guys like Marion Seville, Jonah Essex, etc...

I'm pretty proud of it and chalked up a W in my first official game with no hand-holding. Against the company guy himself, no less! The last shootout was a 3-dude acing off a cheatin' 5-of-a-kind. Poor bastard had no answer and lost all of his influence in one fight. The game is a lot more fun than I thought it would be, and it turns out the movement is not nearly as complicated as it looks.

(He did wipe the floor with me the next game. I stupidly committed both Aims boys to the same shootout, one of which held 6 of my Influence by himself, and fell prey to a bunch of combos by the 108. It was pretty ugly.)

TheHoosier fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Feb 14, 2016

• Locked thread