Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
So why aren't there any DLC worlds for 3D World, anyway? I would totally drop :10bux: on another Star World or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Silver Striker posted:

Monster Hunter, WWHD, and Wonderful 101 are all great choices. Monster Hunter and Wonderful 101 are very much acquired tastes in that they fill pretty specific niches, and that they have pretty lame demos. I'm a huge fan of them though, and got tons of hours of gameplay out of them.

I would suggest Monster Hunter for sure, knowing that it's best enjoyed if you're able to play online and it has some of the best online interaction despite being an upgraded version of an originally-Wii title. Party voice chat, easily inviting and joining on friends, chat between in-mission/in-lobby/just-connected players, and it will even tell you if your Wii U friends are playing but in singleplayer mode so you can go bug them.

It can be less thrilling playing on your own though, and even playing with general people will get you farther since most people are fairly willing to share information and work together.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

RyokoTK posted:

So why aren't there any DLC worlds for 3D World, anyway? I would totally drop :10bux: on another Star World or something like that.

I'd like to think they were making more toad levels DLC and then just turned around and made that a full game. I'd love it if they added in new level DLC to 3D World and Tropical Freeze though

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Any ideas on how big Captain Toad's gonna be? I remember hearing a few people say it was only going to be like... 20 levels long and that seems absurdly short.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Any ideas on how big Captain Toad's gonna be? I remember hearing a few people say it was only going to be like... 20 levels long and that seems absurdly short.

I may be wrong, but I remember hearing 100.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

As far as I know both of you are just quoting people speculating/making things up.

That said I think it's safe to say that there's no way they showed off a full fourth of the game during the Treehouse. It'll have more than 20 levels.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

My uncle who works at Nintendo said there'd be 300 levels.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It only has 1 level but its a really really good level.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that it will follow the class 8-8 level structure, maybe with a bonus world or two afterwards.

E: Whoever payed real life money for this avatar, thanks.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Davinci posted:

E: Whoever payed real life money for this avatar, thanks.

It's the new Stupid Newbie avatar. :ssh:

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Well I guess I really am the big idiot then. :shrug:

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Nobody has any source for how long the game's going to be, beyond Nintendo's word. We've seen screenshots/footage of, I believe, 9 levels. And we've been told that we've only seen a little bit of the content in the game.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
The OP doesn't list Xenoblade Chronicles 10, which is due out early next year.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Chaltab posted:

The OP doesn't list Xenoblade Chronicles 10, which is due out early next year.

Its in there.

Its just Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
It was previously only listed as a thread, I neglected to list it under the upcoming. In addition to adding X, I've added Devil's Third to the TBA 2014 section, and I've listed Yoshi's Woolly World, Splatoon, and Mario Maker all as "First Half of 2015."

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Might it be worth listing good Wii games in a second post for people who skipped over the past console? That's another semi-common question from the last thread.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Artix posted:

It's in World 5 (I want to say 5-4), I know exactly what level he's talking about because it is possibly my absolute least favorite level in the entire goddamn game because of that G. It might be possible if you time a roll jump absolutely perfectly from the left, go under and get the G, then jump up and make it to solid ground, but I'm like 95% certain you need Dixie to do it.
I just did it twice, two different ways. One way I did it was, as you said, a roll-jump from the left, which really wasn't that tough to make. I even made it into the "water," rather than hitting the spikes just before. The other way I did was a little more elaborate: I situated myself on the platform so that I was above the G, then I jumped as the spiky fruit hit me. The stun left me in place long enough to collect the piece as it flipped to the top, and the jump kept me in mid-air long enough to land safely.

Chronojam posted:

Might it be worth listing good Wii games in a second post for people who skipped over the past console? That's another semi-common question from the last thread.
I'll get right on that. How many people will be upset if I put Skyward Sword on there?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

homeless snail posted:

It only has 1 level but its a really really good level.

No, that's Tuffy the Corgi

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Ultigonio posted:

I'll get right on that. How many people will be upset if I put Skyward Sword on there?

I'll be upset if you don't, Skyward Sword is awesome :colbert:

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Gandalf21 posted:

I'll be upset if you don't, Skyward Sword is awesome :colbert:
Right, so we're at -1 so far. :v:

Here's the WIP list of good Wii games:
De Blob
De Blob 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Metroid Prime Trilogy
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Pikmin: New Play Control
Pikmin 2: New Play Control
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Sonic Colors
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Wario Land: Shake It!
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Xenoblade Chronicles

Might need to organize it in a way other than ABC. God dang I am going to have to find so many covers.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Sitting Bull posted:

Is Mario 3d better than Mario 64? Haven't played a Mario game since 64. Never played WW either so I may just get that.

Jesus Christ it's like you are throwing meat at hungry bears.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

There is a distinct lack of Punch Out or any of the Trauma Center games on that list. :colbert:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Needs more The Last Story.

You could throw Pandora's Tower on there too but Last Story is a must.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Is DeBlob actually a game worth checking out? It always looked like lame generic mascot platformer garbage to me.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I went looking to buy Xenoblade to get ready for the upcoming with release and it's 60 dollars used? What the gently caress?

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Can we stop pretending that any games are "mature"? Just because a game has violence and blood and your character is a big macho dude with issues doesn't make something mature. It's basically the equivalent of playing GI Joes on your driveway, it's just far more sophisticated and expensive.

Edit: Sorry, I'm quite late to the party here, but I was referencing Ubisoft's decision to not publish any more "mature" games on WiiU.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Austrian mook posted:

I went looking to buy Xenoblade to get ready for the upcoming with release and it's 60 dollars used? What the gently caress?

It got an extremely limited print run only at gamestop.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I never finished it, but I still loved what I played. The main town and the art style were my second favorite (behind wind waker). And I did like the over world areas seeming like more open dungeons.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Natron posted:

Can we stop pretending that any games are "mature"? Just because a game has violence and blood and your character is a big macho dude with issues doesn't make something mature. It's basically the equivalent of playing GI Joes on your driveway, it's just far more sophisticated and expensive.

Edit: Sorry, I'm quite late to the party here, but I was referencing Ubisoft's decision to not publish any more "mature" games on WiiU.

Read "mature" as "bad"

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Natron posted:

Well yes regardless of how gritty and violent and serious the game is you're still sitting on your rear end staring at a screen that is changing colours. If it's a "mature" game it's probably providing something beyond the most basic possible reaction a human being could possibly elicit. The kind of game people like Steve Jobs or Bill Gates would play, ie Wii Tennis as opposed to Gears of War.

People who consider Gears of War or Battlefield to be "mature" games are the same people who lost a lot of girls their job being "game booth girls" when all the backlash against being seen as immature, happened. It's like those people don't even want to talk to pretty girls.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

elf help book posted:

Read "mature" as "bad"

Done and done!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

ChaosArgate posted:

It got an extremely limited print run only at gamestop.

Is it worth it at that price, or should I just buy the new title when it comes out?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Austrian mook posted:

Is it worth it at that price, or should I just buy the new title when it comes out?

It is rather beloved, so there's a high likelihood you'll enjoy it. And if you DO enjoy it you'll certainly get your money's worth in terms of time spent in the game! So, up to you if you want to take the plunge.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Austrian mook posted:

If the game appeals to you yes it's absolutely worth it. Make sure you know a bit about how it works because there are definitely people who don't like it.

I'm not one of them though and I got 120 hours out of the drat thing which is still the most I've played any video game in my life.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Why the hell doesn't Bayonetta not have a specific release date yet? I can only really afford to preorder one game this year, that's gonna be it but I don't want to do it until it gets a date more specific than "October".

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Little Kings Story not on that list or suggested yet...

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

axleblaze posted:

Why the hell doesn't Bayonetta not have a specific release date yet? I can only really afford to preorder one game this year, that's gonna be it but I don't want to do it until it gets a date more specific than "October".

Why would you need to preorder it? :confused:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

codenameFANGIO posted:

Is DeBlob actually a game worth checking out? It always looked like lame generic mascot platformer garbage to me.

It's really good with a good music direction (which you can mess with) and art style and it's really clear the people who made it put a lot of love into it (which I had corroborated by a friend who wound up QA'ing the game and the devs went out of their way to fix every single thing no matter how minor it was.)

The sequel not so much.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Ultigonio posted:

Right, so we're at -1 so far. :v:

Here's the WIP list of good Wii games:
De Blob
De Blob 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Metroid Prime Trilogy
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Pikmin: New Play Control
Pikmin 2: New Play Control
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Sonic Colors
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Wario Land: Shake It!
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Xenoblade Chronicles

Might need to organize it in a way other than ABC. God dang I am going to have to find so many covers.

Please bold and underline Sin & Punishment for being Extremely Awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Kewpuh posted:

Why would you need to preorder it? :confused:

To make sure I can get it the second it comes out. I know it's dumb but who knows what places are gonna bother having extra copies of the niche Wii U game on release day.

codenameFANGIO posted:

It seemed like it had the potential to be a fun game and had alot of charm but it's also a platformer that assigned "jump" to waggle, so I found it to pretty much be unplayable.

• Locked thread