Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I just beat NSMBU's main game and man, I'm glad the Bowser fight wasn't yet another "let's turn this into an autoscrolling platformer." That game's a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

13/f/cali posted:

Finished world 1 of NSMBU. It's nothing mindblowing so far and I really wish I could just replace the game's soundtrack with 3D World's (I am sick of the wahwahs) but I am absolutely in love with the squirrel powerup. I find it pretty fun to use. I was also unaware that they patched the game back in 2013 to enable use of Pro controllers in multiplayer, so it'll be nice to play with friends.

World 1 is rather weak, the game picks up after that. And I mean from about level 2-2 on, not ten hours in or anything.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

C'mon guys, this is the Nintendo thread. Hug it out and play something cute.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

Is the Yogscast game coming out for the Wii U, though?

It's not coming out at all. Poor contract-writing had one artist walk off with a large pile of money without doing any work, then Yogscast held the money slated for a lead programmer hostage until the devs could show they could make something... which kinda needs a lead programmer. End result is a trainwreck with the devs and Yogscast laying "pin the blame on the other guy."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I'm 60 cents away from $5.00 digital credit. I don't suppose there's a way to buy half the bundle before the other half but still get the discount?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Do we know if the new 3DS will have transfer options for downloaded games like the Wii/WiiU?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Nonsense posted:

On that note, I just want to comment on how brain dead Giant Bomb users are when they announced both a Bayonetta Direct and The New 3DS and posted: "People are so confused, about all of this! Why are you so confusing Nintendo! Stop trying in this clearly a Playstation world!"

I'll admit it, I'm the guy who was confused about the New 3DS. I thought it was a cosmetic thing like the XL until my brother set me straight that it's got new buttons and such.

The name is a bit confusing in terms of their strategy. Is this the next-gen Nintendo handheld with a "plays old games but all the new ones will need it" sort of thing, or does "some games will require the new hardware" along with the naming method mean it's more like the N64's memory pack, and someone with an old 3DS will still get new games down the pipe?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Things that are worse in Tropical Freeze:
--The number (or lack thereof) of minecart levels
--The length of some of the bosses, though their design is great

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

Ummmmm...

Megaman 7 is bad because of a sprite. Yeah sure, whatever. Go troll elsewhere.

Everything with sprites is bad. Drink 7-Up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

When are Megaman's stuff getting hit by the Smash sale? MM7 may be an impulse buy when that happens.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Pity, that. Ah well.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I always thought I was awful at FPS games, thought so for years, then I aimed with OoT's gyroscope and then jumped into the world of PC gaming and I found joy in aiming. I'd say it's Keyboard+Mouse>Wiimote+>Gamepad Gyro>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dual Sticks

I've been soured on gamepad FPS aiming ever since Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition. It just plain worked, and was cool.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Nadir posted:

How the gently caress is this possible???

When AGDQ is going on, speedrunners who don't attend are rounded up and harvested. The dark ritual focuses the skill of that event into a single Nintendo console, allowing users of it to achieve pure wizardry.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If anyone got Hyrule Warriors on disk and is looking fortheir Club Nintendo code, instead of putting an insert with the instruction booklet they printed it on the inside of the box liner. Because *shrug*, I guess.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

TheRam posted:

Maybe late? I ordered this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0084LZJ2G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 uhhh in May, and it's yet to crap out. Was one of the tested ones, seemed the cheapest.

Re: Hyrule Warriors - I found the main line kinda fun but also kinda a bit Link-centric (yeh okay go figure), but Adventure mode really steps it up. I've been doing it all coop, and getting A-rank is not easy. Even with 8-bit sword link with 7 mods and like 400 weapon damage alone.

Zant is absolutely dreamy.

Do I need to do something in the main game to access adventure mode? The AM map won't let me do anything without a ticket, and gives no info on how to get them.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Rirse posted:

Look at the "To Do List" that shows all the surveys. It will appear at the end of the list.

It took me a couple of hours before it showed up, so don't panic.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Make sure you turn Network Connection on in the game settings, it defaults to off. Other than that I got a friend and a random Link early this morning and haven't seen any since so it may be once every 24 hours or it may be a tiny sample size.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Single colors only. I hope someday they go the extra step and let us make icons for folders.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

jivjov posted:

Can you nest folders within folders?

No, just checked.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Pegged Lamb posted:

Basically if its viable for weight loss

The best thing for weight loss is something you can stick to. For example, I'd like to do swimming more often (good whole-body workout, uses parts of it I don't use much elsewhere) but it's much more of a chore for me to get down to the community pool at appropriate lap swimming times than it is to say "I should go for a walk" put on my shoes and head out the door at any time of day or night.

Finding that thing, of course, tends to be one of the difficult parts (the other one is getting frustrated when you don't see a change that matches what you expect). Wii Fit does give a good place for routine with a variety of things to do.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Just quoting you to tell you
1) buy a Wii u it's the only next gen console worth owning
2) you're a dumb gently caress if you don't get Bayonetta ②

Bayonetta 2 is a Platinum game, and while Platinum makes great games they're niche. I wouldn't fault anyone for not getting it, and I'm the fanboy who even bought Red Hot Rumble.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Captain Syrup is Wa-Peach, but instead of needing to be rescued they take turns stealing large piles of money from each other.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Nice revamp.

I like the Yoshi house in the bottom right.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

Pre-ordered. One of my worst video game purchases in recent memory.

A friend of mine got Sonic 2006. We like to argue over who made the worse choice.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I'm keeping my copy. So many of the games I hang onto are worthless that I just want it for the novelty value.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Sure but what I'm getting at is that the A-tier characters are obviously gonna be compatible with lots of games and the lower-tier characters probably won't meaningfully interact with any game outside of the one they're paired with.

That's what's putting me off. I'm not gonna get more than one Amiibo, so now instead of choosing the one I like (which would definitely be Samus if she didn't have that terrible pose) it's choosing the one I get the most out of.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

...would it kill you to go to both stores?

I believe the point is a buy2get1 deal

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

It's the giant robots that can transform in tanks and jets and poo poo, isn't it? There aren't many games I can think of that wouldn't be improved by adding giant robots.

Pikmin.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

BFC posted:

It's incredibly unfortunate that Bulborbs aren't really characters and/or don't have giant robot cousins because Bowser's Inside Story but Pikmin would be a phenomenal pitch for even part of the fourth installment.

The difference between Bowser and bulborbs is that bulborbs chew.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Isn't Smash U doing twice the framerate and twice the number of players on a quarter of the consoles than the new Assassin Creed?

That's less "apples and oranges" and more "apples and a banana plantation" where the plantation is also badly managed and full of unripe bananas.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

zfleeman posted:

A lot of people in this thread like The Wonderful 101. If you did like it, which games would you compare it to? I am now curious.

Other Platinum games, really. Particularly Viewtiful Joe because of the "loving parody" attitude and because everything feels like flailing until it suddenly clicks.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Do we know what Metroid Prime Trilogy is doing for the friendcode token unlocks?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If the eStore version of Trilogy has new bumper stickers, I'll probably be obligated to buy it again.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

hopeandjoy posted:

The only Metroid game I've played in my life is the original NES one (and I suck) and the only FPS-ish but not really game I've played is Portal. Would it be a waste of $10 to buy the Metroid Prime trilogy when it is released?

Any one of the Prime games would probably be considered a good deal for ten bucks, and you get three. Unless your reason for not playing FPS games is motion sickness or hating them with the heat of a thousand suns or something.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

I thought the Trilogy version got rid of the FC Token unlocks and replaced them with something less horrid?

Nope.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

Definitely look into Hyrule Warriors next! That thing was, surprisingly, my most played Wii U game last year. It is just fantastic.

If you like Dynasty Warriors games Hyrule Warriors is among the best of them. If you don't like DW games, don't expect it to change your mind.

Every time I'm almost done with the game, they release new DLC. I will be playing it forever.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Other than the friend voucher thing, are there any differences between MPTrilogy disc and WiiU versions?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

greatn posted:

God drat Nintendo way to loving snub Selma you racists.

Is this because of the time you had Donkey Kong at the San Diego Zoo and he said #ICantBreathe and you wouldn't let him out of his sit so now he's suing you for a heart condition he developed as a result?

Selma got the Jynx award. No reason, don't ask why. Stop asking why.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Martytoof posted:

Jesus christ I know I'm kind of liveblogging this "new to WiiU" thing but holy poo poo being able to play a game on the touchpad is amazing. Now I can have hockey on the TV and a game going too. I imagine this is a godsend for people with kids to boot.

Yeah. My WiiU screen is my computer monitor, so I spend most of my time just playing things on the gamepad while watching a stream or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

For MP2, throughout the light world you will find dead Luminoth, whose epitaths name the place they were found for future reference. Go to that room's equivalent in the dark world and use a visor to spot invisible ing pods, then shoot them and grab the key. If you don't find the corpses in normal gameplay (a lot are along the beaten path, even if the dark version has some hurdles to reach) then there are vague clues at the final door like in Prime.

If you miss the dead guys and thus the pointers to where the pods are I can see it would be irritating, but usually you say "I'm in the right room, let's pop this visor down and see what's up."

• Locked thread