Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Any ideas on how big Captain Toad's gonna be? I remember hearing a few people say it was only going to be like... 20 levels long and that seems absurdly short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Spacebump posted:

Maybe best Zelda game with a wolf in it.

Yes

Everyone knows the best zelda is spirit tracks

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Astro Nut posted:

Just a reminder: Bayonetta 2 Direct goes live in about half an hour, lasting for roughly the same amount of time.

Is there a link to where it'll air?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kurtofan posted:

:vince:

edit: hopefully it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I'm so loving mad that we're getting boned for the 20th time on stuff like this.

What gives NoA, fuckin' seriously :argh:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I didn't like double dash because it had a handful of terrible choices that effected racing.

The special items are a neat concept but it would feature me and friends arguing over who gets who for wanting items, and getting hit in general causes your partner to get dragged punishing you even further for things sometimes out of your control.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So uh, this is a first for me but I think my Wii-u is somehow on it's last legs.

About a week ago while playing it clicked off and the light display was blinking red. "This is a problem" I thought to myself, and had to unplug the power cord to get it to start up again. Able to play again I wrote it off as a strange crash. Then it happened again 2 days later. Then it happened within like 3-4 hours of the last fix when all I did was check Miiverse.

Anyone else have this?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

JordanKai posted:

Hey Eurogoons, guess what just got added to the Club Nintendo star catalogue:

It includes all 46 tracks. Only 2000 star points, too! Get 'em while they're still hot! :dance:

Seriously, why doesn't NoA EVER offer anything good at all?

I shamefully admit I listen to youtube rips of these songs when I'm writing/doing work so this is a gut punch to me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Shelf Adventure posted:

You get free games every month

That isn't universal?

(I still somewhat stand by that statement as glancing at it they're still offering wii games for some reason and mostly NES stuff)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Katana Gomai posted:

The only digital rewards on the PAL Club are eShop cards for an insultingly low conversion rate: 2000 Stars, which is about 8 games worth, would give you 5€ in eShop credit, which is the price of a single regular NES game here. Except you can't buy those anyways, because the credit only works on Wii/DSi. Because Nintendo.

That's horribly obscene.

Makes a little more sense to me now but still :argh: over not getting sweet soundtracks and the like.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

You know what's going to be on the eshop though?

Meme run

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I read about network links, turned them on in the options menu and as soon as I loaded up adventure mode (I had some of it already done) one appeared. Haven't seen any others though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

cynic posted:

My sons fourth birthday is coming up, and he's getting a Wii U so he can have his 'own' gaming platform instead clamouring to play my games ("DADDY IS THAT MAN DEAD? DADDY WHY IS HE TRYING TO BITE YOU? CAN I HAVE A GO? WHICH BUTTON SHOOTS?"). I've already managed to find some good deals and have sourced Party U, Nintendoland and Mariocart 8, and I'm off for a trawl of the secondhand shelves shortly.

Looking for any suggestions on games that would be good to pick up and don't have overly complex control schemes or game mechanics, or can be played with dad-assist co-op (I was looking at Kirbys Epic Yarn etc if I could pick up some cheap Wii games secondhand for instance).

Rayman Legends comes screaming into my mind, that game is wonderful with two players. Obvious choice also goes to Mario 3D World as it's multiplayer is really well done... would almost suggest avoiding the sidescrolling one if you plan on co-oping it though as you'll probably end up killing each other on accident more then helping :v:. Kirby's Epic Yarn would be really good as a choice to (as hell it's a Kirby game, can't go wrong.) If you don't have Nintendo Land that's a must too, and Mario Kart is pretty friendly on 50cc. Wii Party U is kinda junk though as a warning.

Also suggest Hyrule Warriors actually if your cool with him playing games with swords and stuff. He's not going to get super deep in the adventure mode obviously but you can set the difficulty and have a lot of fun just button mashing through levels and looking cool while doing it.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 7, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Been using this for Hyrule Warriors but if you want a complete map with the locations of everything here you go (Zelda 1 I mean)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Only thing I remember liking from TP was the Spinner boss fight, Argarok and the yeti house.

To this day I still hate where they went with Zant being a idiot all along.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So with club nintendo, I signed in and it said I wasn't even gold and the bar was all hosed up and only showed the top half of the letters in my name. Signed out and back in and it worked and I had my 1500 coins. Bought the poster and the coins didn't vanish from my account, I chose to trust it and left. Just checked back in and now 1400 coins are missing so I can assume it went through the order twice for some reason... is there a way for me to contact them about this because losing out like that is kind of lame.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I bought a boatload of the costumes from the second super mirror 64 thinking it would be for Jeanne.

I then found out they were just adding the beehive hair to the costumes on Bayo instead and got salty. Can you use Jeanne's Nintendo costumes in Tag Climax? She has a orange one in the story if you use Fox Bayonetta complete with the Wolfen instead and Wolfs team keychains.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

:siren:Amiibo functionality in MK8 revealed:siren:

You get... costumes for your Mii. It works with
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Link
Kirby
Captain Falcon (!!!)
Samus
Fox

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How long was it until the direct? I remember hearing that it was at 10 but didn't catch the timezone

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh dang, woke up early just in case so now I feel a bit silly :v:

Thanks for the answer.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Do we know how long the direct is going to be?

And a link to it in general?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Why does NoA absolutely hate their consumers when it comes to Special Editions. That's genuine bullshit.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Shelf Adventure posted:

Who will you choose?

If you said anyone other than captain falcon, you are incorrect.

Black luigi

Seriously though Kirby. Nothing will stop me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm fine with it because I don't need to have the spinner, and if I get a Link Amiibo down the line it'll just be a nice bonus.

I seriously see no problem with this unless you're one of those dudes who HAS TO OWN EVERY BIT OF CONTENT IN GAME or something.

Edit: If it's a new map entirely, new character entirely, or something insane I'd see a problem. As it is a weapon for a character who already has like 7 who cares.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I walked into Gamestop today and preordered my Kirby Amiibo.

Please do the same, goons.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Those look amazingly better then Morth or Pitch from wave 1.

Cautiously optimistic with these.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Nikki lives.

Also that Kirby box is so adorable, how could the final boss be anything but a screaming horror from beyond our understanding of reality at this point?

I'm not-so-secretly hoping it's Drawcia again somehow. She had one of my favorite designs from the series.

I am curious to what the deal is with all the paint people lately. Drawcia, Paintra, and now there's this little paintbrush fairy thing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Please play Kirby's Canvas Curse.

Edit: Gamexplain uploaded the final boss and ending to Captain Toad so if your avoiding spoilers on that game be aware.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 13, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wish I could download it. I got a patch to update and it finished bringing me to 2.0, and then surprise nothing is unlocked.

Edit: Turning the game on and off several times got it to work, new tracks own

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Nov 13, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/NintendoNews/status/534763941751427073

Good news Meme Run was greenlit. Who needed quality control anyway?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lucario's Amiibo is Toys R Us exclusive

Figured I should put this here to.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

On the topic of Mario Sunshine a certain snowflake finally got the attention of a game developer.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Looper posted:

That's not how you spell they

It's fun to believe that and I was kind of hoping to kill sunshine chat or at least stop it.

Not sure if I should post it here or in the Amiibo thread but Wave 2 released in Japan and all of them look really really good. Guess wave 1 was rushed in regards to Marth and Peach.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Captain Toad, Tom Nook and Pikmin have all been confirmed I'm pretty sure.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey so my wii-u is having heating issues and generally breaking down like crazy so ended up with a new one (got it super super cheap) coming in. I know I can transfer stuff to the Wii-U but does it transfer save data as well or should I back that all up on a SD card first? Would suck to lose hours of progress on some games and all.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I honestly do think some kids deserve a bit more credit though. My babysitters would bring Mario 3 over on the NES and I'd play with the controller upside down. They never corrected me because they thought it was funny but hell I ended up finishing it.

Now when games try to flip stages or reverse controls I can swap pretty easily :buddy:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Good news, the long awaited Meme Run comes out today!

I still have no idea how this got certified when it's using stolen graphics, music, voice clips, art, everything.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I got my new wii-u and it thankfully is running super great. The paranoia is in me though about those claims of smash bricking newer consoles. Did anyone find out what the actual problem was or is that still unknown as the last I heard was "it certainly isn't smash alone doing it."

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ultigonio posted:

Dang, you beat me to it. Oh well, I thought this one was cuter (watch out, though - it's big!).

Did a bunch of Kirby renders get released and no one told me about it? I need more of these.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Got captain toad and played up to the boo house level and... is that theme a paper mario remix? It's super familiar and I know it's not original and it has a heavy Paper Mario vibe to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Been dealing with bad news all day so haven't been able to play much more Captain Toad. What a lousy christmas.

Least there's this new super cute trailer of Kirby and The Rainbow Curse (click it) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWFgS5b9Vc8

• Locked thread