Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

My uncle who works at Nintendo said there'd be 300 levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Yeah I don't read OPs and just ask threads for the most part because I like talking to people I'm so lonely

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

axleblaze posted:

Trauma Center isn't bad, but I wouldn't just put it on a list and say everyone should play it.
I'm sorry you hate fun

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Better idea: ban the unfun scrubs.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Commissar Ken posted:

But then you'd have to go for being poo poo at Wonderful 101 and not liking it, scrub. :colbert:
That was the old thread. New thread, clean slate, cute gamers.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

gay skull posted:

That game does suck on Wii though

I played a lot of the first DS game. Like an unruly amount. More than I should have. Loved it.

I'll be honest and say I only played about 15 minutes of the Wii version because I didn't own a Wii and my friend just picked it up from a thrift store for like $5 and I wanted to see how well it held up. I personally found the controls pretty precise but to be fair I wasn't looking to get a high rank at the time. I mostly wanted to push it and see how fast I could go being able to switch tools on the fly.

it was like drive by surgery

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Splatoon is a game I want to be interested because it looks rad as hell but I'm not convinced it's going to have a strong enough online community to keep me playing. Just going to have to wait and see.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

W101 is not a good video games.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

looking forward to Bayo2 though

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah it looks good, but I'm not all that crazy about the first game being a digital download code instead of being on disc. I really don't like Nintendo's account shenanigans.
Works for me because with the WiiU I'm doubling down on my terrible purchasing decisions and going ALL DIGITAL!

good thing I didn't I didn't impulsively buy W101 because it's so cheap though; there's a reason why it's half price :smug:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Trent posted:

You know, I remember associating your avatar with Bad Opinions About Video Games, so this makes me want W101 more than anything else has so far.

harsh

I'm sorry you hate cool games because for the most part I'm only pretty vocal about games I love!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Trent posted:

I could be wrong, but I think you were talking poo poo about a zelda or mario game or something a week ago.
poo poo, i dunno. We cool. :glomp:
I ain't even mad. Sometimes I'll talk poo poo about a game that I am largely just indifferent about just to get a reaction out of people but it's always in good fun and getting replies like "I will beat the poo poo out of you" make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :allears:

Only Mario game I've been playing lately is 3D World and it owns bones. That and I played a little NSMBU and was indifferent. I don't outright hate any Zelda game except Twilight Princess and I've never played Skyward Sword. The rest are great but also I don't think the GB/C games are as good as people remember. That's about it!

Mercury Crusader posted:

I disagree with your opinions on Pikmin, but I agree with your opinions on Kid Icarus Uprising so it evens out.

I keep saying there would be a lot less hatred in the world if everyone would just play Kid Icarus: Uprising.

enojy posted:

We soundin off about overrated games on this page? Pikmin 3 is a piece of poo poo
Finally someone agrees with me.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Man I'm so glad this game is happening. Sometimes I feel like the only person who loved Canvas Curse. :shobon:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Me and three friends once did a 2-on-2 competition of Double Dash through the cup that contained every single track (editor's note: I may be imagining there being a cup that contains every track-- I know we raced on every track though).

We tied. :negative:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Lagomorphic posted:

Hey just popping in to confirm that Target :canada: does have the eshop cards on for 25% off with no tax. I just got stocked up for the smash sale.
Hitting up one near in a couple hours. Their online flyer says 10% but some people are reporting 25% so here's hoping!

If it's actually 25% I'm probably gonna end up getting $200 worth because I need Mario Kart 8 DLC and Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 and Tropical Freeze and... yeah.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah I'm in Ontario so it might be a regional thing.

Looked up a Waterloo Target online flyer out of curiosity. Says 10% there as well. Gives me hope that it'll be 25% when I get to the store here in Montreal because it's 10% on mine. :allears:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

flare posted:

Well I'm convinced, purchased.

Joke's on you, Minish Cap sucks.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

GAMES WITH TINY CHARACTERS SUCK poo poo apparently I guess I mean I never really made that connection

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I expect frequent Treehouse updates between both this and the 3DS thread because I'm at work and can't watch it. :argh:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I am going to rock Bayonetta's Fox costume and not even give an iota of a poo poo that some people will think I have weird sexual preferences.

because I live alone and nobody will see it

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I got Kirby Super Star from Club Nintendo coins and then bought Mega Man X/X2 and Link to the Past from the eShop while they're on sale. So far none of these have gotten me surveys from Club Nintendo. Should I not expect to get any, or is Club Nintendo still making GBS threads itself from the Smash code promo yesterday?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

How else am I going to tell them I want a more varied selection of Virtual Console games?!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

Welp, I did it and nothing happened. I have all the green stars though. Where's the final level???

Now hit the top of the flag pole in every stage. :smug:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

If you're in world crown then you probably aren't concerned with trying to speed through the levels to unlock world crown!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Preorder the DLC to get different color Yoshis and Shy Guys. Each DLC will come with three new characters. Link's DLC comes out in November (I think) and Isabelle's will be out in May (I think).

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I refuse to download any patches for Hyrule Warriors if this is on disc. :argh:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

Allowing me to use the gamepad as a screen for original Wii games is goddamn brilliant. It sounds pointless, but man - I'm really getting into New Super Mario Wii.

Oh poo poo, can you? i missed out on a lot of Wii games but I enjoy the convenience of a gamepad too much. Do I ever need any controller other than a gamepad to just put a Wii disc in the WiiU, launch it, and play the game on the gamepad?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Welp, nevermind then.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

FPzero posted:

I'm surprised that Super Metroid isn't also on sale.

Yeah, I was really expecting it to be and was totally ready to toss $5 at it. Genuinely surprised it isn't and instead the OG Metroid is available on sale for both 3DS and Wii U. :effort:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Woah wait hold on. Team Ninja worked on Hyrule Warriors?

Please tell me it was their art guys and nobody else.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Wait nevermind I always mix up Team Ninja and Ninja Theory.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I played Earthbound once. I made it through the intro, walked into the first town, got accosted by a guy on a pogo stick, died.

I haven't played Earthbound since.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

A new F-Zero is probably never going to happen but F-Zero U would look AMAZING.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

X2 is great and is in my (admittedly uncommon) opinion to be even better if not as memorable as X1.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

To piggyback on the external storage question: If I already have an external hard drive from a few years ago (a 250GB Seagate, I think?), all I should need is a Y-cable right?

From what I understand all of Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayo 1/2 are all data hogs so I might want to get that cable soon if that's the case.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Yeaaaaaah I don't think the built in 32GB is going to cut it if I'm going all-in on all digital. Gonna order a Y-cable tonight then.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning, queue up Hyrule Warriors to download, go to work, and come home to a new game ready to play! :buddy:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Alright until my Y-cable gets here I need to delete something to make room for Hyrule Warriors. If I delete Mario Kart 8 off my system, does my save data get deleted with it?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Awesome, thanks. In retrospect I should have just waited to install Tropical Freeze but by the time I realized I was gonna need space it was minutes away from finishing downloading. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Fremry posted:

Also, ghost boobs.

sold

• Locked thread