Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Ultigonio posted:

I'll get right on that. How many people will be upset if I put Skyward Sword on there?

I'll be upset if you don't, Skyward Sword is awesome :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

I also love the remote/nunchuck for non-motion controls because of how lazy it allows me to be. You shouldve seen my standard Xenoblade position, so comfy.

From a page ago, but this is 100% correct. I never get the complaints about Wiimote + Nunchuck, since being able to lounge your arms in any position while playing is awesome.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Skyward Sword is the 2nd best Zelda game, behind only Majora's Mask.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Looper posted:

Spirit Tracks???

This is correct. Ghost Zelda is the best companion.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

THANK YOU NINTENDO!

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

If Pandoras Tower is coming to eShop then maybe Last Storywill tooand zack & wiki and little king story would be nice

Wait, Pandora's Tower is coming to the eShop? Hopefully they fix the game-breaking glitch that plagued the NA release, because I was really enjoying it until then

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

I only even heard about it last year. It seems pretty cool. Here's hoping.

If you never beat it, there was a way around that glitch. Though at least one other person I saw claimed the fix didn't work for them so maybe it's not universal (it worked for me). Definitely something they should fix for the digital version.

I tried a few of the different solutions I saw online and they worked sometimes, but not all the time. After 4 freezes, I ragequit and just watched the end of the game on YouTube. Pretty good game overall though

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Are we still ranking 3d Zelda games? Because here's the correct ranking:

Majora's Mask
Skyward Sword
Ocarina of Time
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess

WW and TP are interesting in that they have the exact opposite flaws. WW has a fantastic world and atmosphere but the dungeons aren't great. TP has great dungeons but the world is the most bland and empty of any game in the series.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Did anyone else think after the Lucas announcement and Iwata saying "We've heard fans clamoring for this", he was building up to a US release of Mother 3 :smith:

Overall that was a great Direct though. N64 games loving finally!

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

3DS version is fine, though you'll need the New 3DS to play it.

Original Wii version plays best with the pro controller, I pity the poor soul that tries to play that game with a Wiimote.

Xenoblade was super easy to control with a Wiimote and nunchuck. I liked it better than a CC since you could move and select artes at the same time

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Waffleopolis posted:

Got my tax refund and I want to buy an external hard drive for the Wii U. I see this portable hard drive on sale and wonder if it'll be a good choice. I don't know the limitations for choosing a hard drive for the Wii U. :(

For what it's worth, I've had no issues using that exact brand with my Wii U. I just combined it with a Y-cable (Like this)

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Bit disappointed that Runner 2 is an option since I already own it, but it is a fantastic game.

First person to PM me gets a code for it!

edit: Taken!

Gandalf21 fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 3, 2015

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

I was a Ness player in Smash 64, so I hated Saffron City. Sector Z was my jam though.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Mourning Due posted:

So, looking at the new Epic Indie Sale:

I've been planning on buying Guacamelee anyway, so this works out well for me.

Just to be sure: is it buy any game on the list, and get any other game at 60% off? So for instance, if I buy the cheapest game on there, I can get guacamelee for nearly half off?

Of the games, any that you suggest? I haven't played any of them.

BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
EDGE
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Mighty Switch Force! 2
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition
RUSH
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse
Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party
Swords & Soldiers
Toki Tori
Toki Tori 2 +
Trine 2: Director’s Cut
Trine Enchanted Edition

???

Bit Trip Runner 2 is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Oh, are we ranking the 3D Zelda games again?

Majora's Mask > Skyward Sword > Ocarina of Time > Wind Waker > Twilight Princess

Still like them all though.

• Locked thread