Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I just got my Wii U, but don't currently have a wireless connection. Rather than get a router, I'm considering getting the ethernet adapter instead. However, I've read a couple of discussions where people are getting a better connection via wireless routers, and I'm curious as to what the thread would recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Long John Power posted:

Nintendo actually recommend the ethernet adapter for smash.

I switched to it recently for Mario Kart and everything seems a lot better.

Excellent, thanks.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Shigeru Miyamoto is indeed a pretty cool dude, who may or may not have literally saved video games with Donkey Kong. I'm also way too happy about the fact that we have the same birthday.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FairGame posted:

How do you send a complaint and get a fucker banned? I just had "kingHitl3r" join my Mario Kart game and that fucker needs to not be online.

Was he from Florida? All the name-trolls I see tend to be from there.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Man I still can't beat Champion's Road. I get stuck on the ant part.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I can't unhear Peach shouting "Motherfucker!" in one of her laughs when she does a trick.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

I would personally like to see a future Metroid game where Samus is by herself and explores an alien world without any of the series' completely retarded backstory intruding into it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

EDIT: Wrong thread.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 21, 2014

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Hi, why is there not a Nintendo IRC channel for goons.

We don't know what to call it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Finally got a chance to watch the new Nintendo Direct video. Every time they reveal something about Splatoon I just want that game even more.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Was this posted?

Mario has become self aware https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5neTV3f0VCo

Kaizonet has started its war against mankind

If I jump on Goomba then it certainly dies.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is this happening now?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rad, they're showing matches now.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pink team got loving destroyed.

Cool colors always win.

Because they're cool.

EDIT: I'm already planning my Splatoon team. We're gonna be called Ten 10s. We're going to be scrappy underdogs who rise from worst to first in the most oddball way possible.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 31, 2015

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Splatoon stream still going and it seems like the game is really aggressive. Like, the objective is to get the most floor covered with your ink so covering tons of floor with ink on your way first would seem appropriate, but really it's all about making your way through and dominating the farthest.

Yeah, there's a very interesting flow to the game. Having your ink on the ground gives such a huge advantage not only in terms of objective but also enabling everything from faster travel to reloading your guns to creating ambush points. I'm extremely curious as to what kind of tactical gameplay emerges in Splatoon.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is Okami worth playing on the Wii? I keep hearing bad things about its controls. Looks amazing though.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Feb 20, 2015

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Seems like a good time to bring this up. I missed out on the entire era of the Wii (life got bad), and now with a Wii U I'm eager to play the best that its predecessor had. Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, and Pikiman are all I've got for my list (I played Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword already). What else really made the Wii great?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm pretty happy with MK8, I don't really feel like I'm missing out by skipping MKWii.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I love the Gamepad, but it can feel really delicate sometimes. The Pro Controller remedies this nicely.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

zenintrude posted:

Does Wii U have a PS4-esque party chat feature? If so, that would be enough for me... better, probably.

Ventrilo is a good substitute, and you can put it on phones and tablets.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pomp posted:

Resident Evil 4's island act needed to be half as long.

With fewer Regenerators.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Well, poo poo. I guess I have more time for my Wii/Wii U backlog.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

When is Nintendo going to release the second track list for the Mario Kart DLC.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Tatsuta Age posted:

Releasing this track list in 2015 is no longer our priority, please understand

IwaTAAAAAAAAA! *shakesfist*

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Overemotional Robot posted:

How is the Hori battle pad? Is it quality? It has the seal, so I trust it's good, just didn't know how it felt being used. Thinking of replacing a classic controller or two.

It's really good. I think it' superior to both the original classic controller and the PDP battlepad.

EDIT: Speaking of controllers, is that shotgun wiimote peripheral fun? I was eyeing it for RE4.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 29, 2015

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Overemotional Robot posted:

Just curious, but what's the reasoning behind it being superior to the PDP version? I've heard some people criticise the c-stick and praise the added analog on the PDP one.

I experience a lot of handslipping with the PDP one.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

200cc? gently caress.

We're hosed.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fatal Frame will scare the jizz out of you.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PRADA SLUT posted:

Now that the initial excitement has worn off, I've decided that Shrek is a better character to add

Jesus Christ.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

And I went with Midna instead, like an idiot.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lego Dimensions looks rad as gently caress. What is it even?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Looks like it's Lego's answer to Skylanders/Disney Infinity/Amiibo.

drat. I thought we were finally getting Lego Minecraft but with IPs.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I clicked on Informations but there weren't any.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

People need to get over Sticker Stars.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I just don't know how people go from "Sticker Star was mediocre" to "Miyamoto shouldn't be allowed to make games anymore".

I mean, that poo poo is weird, right?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I know it's really dumb, but my favorite part of E3 last year was reading the opinion pieces about how xBox or PS4 "won E3".

Because they were poo poo.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lots of rumors about Super Mario Galaxy 3 at this years show.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Haha, Nintendo acknowledging the Virtual Boy.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm gonna win the Nintendo World Championship

Everyone is going to lose to Fred Savage's little brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Time to guess how long the gameXplain video on the announcement will be. I say 12 minutes.

• Locked thread