Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
New Blood has co-op, which is fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

TheRam posted:

I don't remember anyone saying it was awful and my opinion is simply that I enjoyed it but felt let down by the way it ends abruptly without me feeling like they fleshed out the ideas. Would you not agree that games try to give a natural feeling that you're growing in power, learning things and applying them to their fullest to create that sense of achievement? I didn't get that joyful release, it just petered out. That's it.

TheRam posted:

Basically the game touts itself as Metroidvania, and it has a sleek shell - but it really doesn't deliver at all. It's kind of patronising and awful since I'm pretty sure the developers could have, with just a slightly different design philosophy made it legitimately great.
Also it's got a metacritic score of 82, and a user score of 9.3.

Hey, I think I found something!

But to be honest, you might not be saying that the game is awful. But you're not clear at all to what you referring to when you say "It's kind of patronising and awful". ImpAtom did ask if you were saying that the game was patronizing, but you didn't really answer that question directly.

Personally, I thought the game was pretty light on content, but what was there felt really polished. I enjoyed it, even thought I think I would have been better off waiting for a sale. I'm probably going to go back and replay it sometime.

Edit: Oops, beaten.

TheRam posted:

I phrased it poorly, you read it with a looking-to-get-butthurt-and-bust-chops slant... Po-tae-to po-ta-to.
This is a really silly thing to say. That was a perfectly valid interpretation of your poorly-phrased statement. Actually, why do you seem really aggressive about this?

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 6, 2014

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Dig is actually the second Steamworld game, the first one was a tower defense game for DSiWare that I didn't even know existed until they mentioned it at GDC or some other trade show. Part of the reason they launched Dig on 3DS was because they managed to turn a profit on their DSiWare despite it getting little to no press.

Maybe we'll get a Steamworld puzzle game next. Steamworld Puzzle Quest?

TheRam posted:

Caught you in the act of trying to goad a slapfight, son! Hang your head etc.

Well, I phrased that question weirdly, and decided to rephrase it in a way that seemed more grammatically correct to me. I guess it did come off as more aggressive than before, so sorry about that.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I heard that the Wii version had messed up loading screens and credits though.

Played it on PS2, fought Orochi once, stopped playing there. My brother and sister played through the entire thing, though, and they liked it a lot.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
He could go for City Folk. :v:

• Locked thread