Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
All this Wii transfer talk is making me wonder what the benefit would be for me to transfer my Wii data to my Wii U. My Wii has a decent amount of legit VC purchases but I've since soft nodded it to hell. Would doing the transfer wreck my poo poo? Or is there some kind of backup wizardry I can do to safely get my VC licenses over to the Wii U?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Chaltab posted:

The transfer doesn't mess with homebrew at all.

:krad:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

homeless snail posted:

Or Stunt Race FX?

Deep loving pull.

All that new stuff sounds great, but I'm still hoping for proper battle mode.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Help Im Alive posted:

It would've been cool to get Zelda as part of the Zelda DLC instead of 3D World power ups but Link is pretty great and I'm more excited about the new tracks than the characters anyways.

I was on the Amiibo website today and saw that Captain Toad is going to use it. I still don't really get it but it'd be neat if you could scan Captain Toad into MK8 or something. If they're doing stuff like that then I'm going to be the lame nerd with a bunch of Nintendo figures

Are they gonna have third party figures at all? I want a captain toad and one of those little helmet dudes from megaman. :kimchi:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Suaimhneas posted:

I wonder if they'll replace the fake SNES games in Sam's room with real ones :allears:

Or do a physical release with that sweet SNES style boxart. :getin:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Tropical Freeze has been my favorite game in a long while. I don't remember the last time a gorgeous big budget platformer was this demanding and satisfying.

I'll also go ahead and say I really enjoy the bosses. Learning the patterns is a lot of fun and they are loving unforgiving. I can see not liking them or finding them tedious but to me it feels like a throwback in a very real way.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

greatn posted:

A throwback to what? The only bosses with multiple cycles like this were the end K Rool bosses.

Throwback to having to memorize patterns and boss battles being big and difficult. Not necessarily to DKC bosses. It made me feel more like a kid than the bosses from say, Mario 3d world. It requires you to be patient and precise.

It scratched the hell out of my platforming itch.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
My Wii U that I got about two months ago is acting up, freezing and requiring me to either hold the power button down until it resets or having to actually unplug the drat thing. Anyone have any experience dealing with Nintendo customer support? Hoping they have a quick turn around time so I'm not without it for like a month or something ridiculous.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
The Wooly World stage in Smash is so loving adorable. Is it weird that the games I'm most excited about are Captain toad, Yoshi, and Kirby?

Also, playing the Gamer stage makes me want to finally pick up that wario game. And then the amiibos! loving Nintendo, making me want to buy poo poo.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Am I big dumb idiot or can I not pick my shy guy/Yoshi color in Mario Kart 8 anymore?

Also, I have five eshop funbux. What should I buy with that?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Honestly you'd be better off on PlayStation for indies. The wii u is great for first party stuff, but I find the eshop to be pretty lacking in general.

Of course, the one true path to gaming ambrosia is a Wii U and a PC that can run videogames. :shobon:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Wow, apparently there's a lot of confusion around those controllers, huh?

You want to buy the WII U PRO CONTROLLER. It usually retails for $50. However, I've seen the Japanese model(s) (still made by Nintendo) for around $30, though they seem to be closer to the normal price right now. As far as I know they work fine on Wii Us from any region. They definitely work on US Wii Us though.

And for the love of god, get one or two of these things. They are hands down the best controller I've ever used, and the battery charge lasts for loving ever. I don't think I've had to charge mine but once in the months that I've had it.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Sunshine might have issues like the dumb blue coins, but its not an out and out bad game. Just play Galaxy or something if you aren't digging it? Unless your doing some project or something. I dunno.

Is it worth it to port my old Wii stuff to my Wii U? I have several eshop games I bought on there, then I missed it and filled it with emulators. Will it mess up my poo poo, and do they just need to be on the same WiFi network, or will I need to drag my Wii down to the TV I have the Wii U hooked up on?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Starting to get pretty frustrated by the lack of GameCube controller adapters. Just make more of them Nintendo! Why are you doing this to me? :negative:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Mercury Crusader posted:

2015 is shaping up to be another cute year for cute gamers.

I can't find a good pic of that fire puppy from Yoshi's Woolly World but they thing is THE CUTEST. When he gets the yarn wrapped around his mouth? :kimchi:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Are there any good casual puzzle games on the eshop? Something like a Sudoku or Picross, maybe Tetris? Crossword puzzles even? Off screen play would be rad too.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Hakkesshu posted:

There are a bunch of Picross games (Picross e), but I think they're kind of crappy presentation and variety-wise compared to Picross DS or 3D. They're very cheap though.

I thought those were 3DS only? Is there an easy way to browse the Wii U eshop on a web browser?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Hakkesshu posted:

Oh I'm an idiot, I thought this was the general eShop thread

No worries, just confused me a bit.

And yeah pushmo is fun, I've been stuck on the rocketship level for about a year now though on the 3DS version. I just want a game to idly play while I watch xfiles or whatever.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Do the games in nintendo land require a Wii motion plus or will regular wiimotes work?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Neo Rasa posted:

Something to keep in mind with Wii/Wii U multiplayer games where it's option is that EVERY remote being used has to either be motion plus/have the add-on or not have it.

Whoa, weird. That sucks.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
3D Land still felt pretty short to me, back half included. I blame the small levels and the lack of a set theme from world to world.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Krime posted:

Just a warning... if you want the Nintendo points to register, don't buy from Amazon. I did and got a Japanese one that can't be registered for points in the US.

Pretty sure they don't give you club nintendo points for controllers in the US, period. I could be wrong though, I bought my pro controller used for $30.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Oh wow, don't sleep on Nintendo Land you all. I just got to play it after having my Wii U since this summer and it's really cute and fun, especially for how cheap it is. I remember it not getting good reviews, but that's probably because it isn't really a "buy this system because this game owns so much" kind of game when that's what people were looking for. You can easily get it for under thirty bucks and it's pretty creative in how it uses the gamepad. Well worth picking up to have a goofy little game you can play with buddies who don't want to smash or kart..

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I really hope more people post millions of screenshots of videogames they bought! Next we can all line up our physical game cases and take pictures of them!

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

BlindNinja posted:

Any special kind of Wii Remote Plus controller I should get, or just go with the regular Nintendo one?

Name brand controllers are generally always better, unless you mean like a wiimote vs a pro controller? Get Nintendo brand controllers though.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I really wish they'd let you import your unlocked characters from 3DS Smash. My brother unlocked everything on his save file but I have to use mine if I want to play online with my stats and I don't have everyone unlocked and it stinks.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I don't want to spend thirty minutes walking my guy off the ledge. I already unlocked all the characters once. It is dumb that I can't carry that over or copy my bro's save file.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I'm only saying its mildly annoying though. Its a legitimate gripe if you ask me. Don't know why people are so quick to defend dumb junk like this.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

jivjov posted:

Because its the most trivial complaint of all time. You probably could have finished unlocking everyone in the time you've been posting about not having everyone unlocked.

I am at work.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Help Im Alive posted:

We're really running this cute thing into the ground huh

What, you don't like memes? Why would you buy the exclusive home for Meme Run if you don't like the hottest new memes?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Godinster posted:

Is there any point to platinum if I did it all in December? I just hit 700 after doing some post game surveys but the FAQ seems to indicate that I can't get them since it isn't July or August. I want my free Earthbound

Edit: oh I guess I have to wait till July 1st to redeem the free game. This is a pretty chintzy loyalty system.

You missed it.

You'll get a platinum reward in the summer when they put out the next batch. It may or may not have Earthbound as an option. No reason to add more CN codes to your account unless you want to pick up a specific reward for coins, might as well save them to hit plat next year.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Got drunk and played a bunch of video games with my buddies to ring in the new year. Wii U owns.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Strong men also cry.

Shovel Knight looks rad as heck but I can't decide between getting it on 3DS or on Wii U.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Who cares about sales charts except for console war dick wavers?

Buy a computer and a Wii U and a 3DS and play all the rad games.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Original Wii games need a Wiimote. Can't use a Wii U Pro controller or gamepad with them. Wiimotes work with a lot of Wii U games.

Buy them refurbished from Nintendo's online store.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

irlZaphod posted:

That's what the 3DS is for, chump.

Look at this guy not willing to rearrange furniture for precious Wii U dumps. :smug:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Have they done a second run of the official Gamecube sdapters yet? I grabbed a Smash Gamecube controller when the game came out but I've still not been able to get an adapter. :smith:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
It keeps aspect ratios, so there will be vertical black bars on both sides of the screen.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have a Wii-U, 3DS, Vita, PS4 and a computer I have all the next gen systems so I'm set on everything.

What else do you own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Level Slide posted:

Eight pairs of shoes

I'd buy this amiibo.

• Locked thread