Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Can we stop pretending that any games are "mature"? Just because a game has violence and blood and your character is a big macho dude with issues doesn't make something mature. It's basically the equivalent of playing GI Joes on your driveway, it's just far more sophisticated and expensive.

Edit: Sorry, I'm quite late to the party here, but I was referencing Ubisoft's decision to not publish any more "mature" games on WiiU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

elf help book posted:

Read "mature" as "bad"

Done and done!

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Morby posted:

"Wii would like to play" was just excellent marketing. Why they didn't further extend it to "Wii would like to play with U" a mystery to me. Even calling it Wii 2 could have kept it as "Wii want to play 2".

They actually did this when they announced it. Unfortunately, adding U to something doesn't mean anything to anyone, so people don't hear WiiU and think it's a new thing. It's a terrible name, and I know they wanted to capitalize on the Wii brand, but they did it in almost the worst possible way. I really think more people would buy it (or at least be aware of it) if it wasn't so stupidly named.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

They should just call the next one "The Nintendo". That's what everyone calls them all anyway, and then when they release a new one they can just do the whole "Nintendo 2" or "Ultra Nintendo".

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

mabels big day posted:

Splatoon is the antithesis to Mario Sunshine

I heard that every second round is played as Mario with the FLUDD machine. Whoever cleans the most paint off the map wins.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

zfleeman posted:

I've heard this is the case. I started to dork around with the Bluetooth option and immediately got frustrated because lol@Windows Bluetooth capabilities.

It is the case. I tried for days to get it to work and tried multiple software solutions and never got it to work properly. I gave up and just used some old Logitech thing I got like ten years ago instead. I think I might buy an adapter, though, because the Pro Controller is super comfy.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

I have to say that I've been having a shitload of fun recently with my WiiU. I bought it on launch and went through the doldrums of the first year, but now it's finally taken off and it's awesome.

I had a surgery recently (rear end surgery no less) so I haven't been able to sit down for the last two weeks. Prior to the surgery, I bought Bayonetta and moved the WiiU to beside the bed. So, for the last two weeks I've been playing Bayonetta 1 and 2, Shovel Knight (again ), and now today I got to play the Mario Kart DLC finally, all while lying in my bed. The fact that you can just play a console without a TV is awesome, and the games keep coming.

I was a little worried in the first year, but these last two weeks have been loving amazing, and I'm really looking forward to Captain Toad in December.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Arbitrary Coin posted:

So you had to move the console beside your bed to play without the TV right? How do you hook it up in that case?

Yeah, I can't really have a TV in the bedroom in a place that would be comfortable, so I play on my stomach. If the system has already been set up to work on a TV, you can just navigate all the menus and stuff on the gamepad. You just hook up the power cable and nothing else. Fortunately, all the games I'm playing support off-TV play. If the Wara-Wara plaza is on your gamepad, you can just press X to switch it to the non-existent Tv screen and have the buttons and icons show up on the pad.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Lemming posted:

Had anybody who has downloaded Trilogy checked if you're locked out of Friend Voucher stuff?

Yep, there's a big thing you can read before you buy it that says things like you have to use a Wiimote + nunchuk and that the friend voucher junk is disabled.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

I've been having an odd issue with Prime Trilogy. When I boot into Wii mode, my screen isn't stretched all the way to the edges and everything is a bit dark. I can barely see anything, so it's tough to figure out where I'm actually supposed to go. When I go to the Wii menu, there's no settings channel anymore. Is that normal? Where am I supposed to set my Wii stuff up?

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

greatn posted:

My tv is set to "Just Scan" for WiiU, but in Metroid Prime I need to change it to "Fit to Screen". As for brightness you can actually adjust that in game.

I will try this tomorrow then! Kinda weird that the settings channel is gone, but whatever, I guess.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Played all of the DLC tracks in Mario Kart 8 this afternoon. They were all real good, very well done tracks. I like all of the new characters too.

Have you tried 200 cc yet? That poo poo is the best. I just tried it this morning after I beat all the regular non dlc cups on 150 and I actually won most of my races.

While clenching my rear end in a top hat around every corner.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Trent posted:

gently caress

Haha, wish I could say I was surprised. Oh well, gonna keep plugging away...

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Got in for four or so games. Only won the last one, but this poo poo is pretty fun!

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

I'm excited for the next hour of Splatoon time. I had a blast with the first hour, but I never tried the sniper rifle gun, so I think I'll give that a shot first and see if I like it. I was actually quite surprised to like the gyro aiming, too. It's a nice addition to the R stick, because it felt a little quicker for me, as I don't play many console based first person shooters, so having that really helped. It also helped to turn up the sensitivity a bit and use the splattershot junior.

I think I'm just gonna pre-order the drat game already. Now if only I could find the amiibos for it...

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Sade posted:

Sorry to post this again, but when's the next splatoon demo? I'm bad at math.

3 Hours, 28 Minutes

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Ultigonio posted:

Yeah, the first three all went at least reasonably well, this one had me stuck in a lobby with three people (with my only way out being to turn off the console), and now I simply can't connect at all.

Yeah, I got into one game and now nothing. I got to level 19 on the squid jumping game, though, so it's not a total loss.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

XtraSmiley posted:

You sir are a god. I can't get past level three.

Protip: You can charge your jumps while still in the air. Once I figured that out I was off to the races.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

This is what I actually expected the first one to be like. I got one game in at least, I suppose.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

I'm confused (and possibly dumb). Will I be able to play Splatoon tomorrow morning, or is it midnight May 29th, so I'll have to wait until Saturday morning? I want it to be tomorrow...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

DetoxP posted:

Pretty sure the digital unlocks in 10 hours, if that clears it up.

edit: Yeah, I'm wrong. 8 hours.

gently caress yeah. Not getting a lot of work done tomorrow...

• Locked thread