Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Ultigonio posted:

Recent News Tidbit: Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has stated that the main reason we won't be seeing either of this year's Assassin's Creed on the Wii U because Nintendo fans just don't buy them. He confirmed that Watch Dogs will still be coming to the system, but it'll be, until further notice, the last "mature" title Ubisoft intends to put on the system. Here's the source.

Maybe it has less to do with WiiU owners not wanting mature games and more to do with there already being a lot of high quality games already on the console nobody wants to shell out for this years mediocre "AAA" poo poo fest like another assassins creed or Watch_Dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mercury Crusader posted:

What a shame that we won't get Assassin's Creed on the Wii U. I guess.

But an even bigger shame is that Watch Dogs is still on track for the Wii U.

I would pay Ubisoft to not release Watch Dogs ever again. Does that count as a sale?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Have the picture link to this video when clicked

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Chaltab posted:

Say whatever DID happen to the shitpost about Wii U thread? It kind of served a valuable function.

Turns out the WiiU is pretty awesome and everyone begrudgingly admitted they were getting WiiUs and the thread became awesome

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hey everyone remember Splatoon right? Let's see what's the latest news about it is in Game Journalism

Look at this idiot posted:

I wish Splatoon were a single-player, character-based platforming adventure akin to Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, and the original Jak & Daxter

Oh good. It's still utter poo poo and basically a parody of itself

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Modern Sonic games are #1 when it comes to butt rock

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

A few more Amiibos were hinted at the end of one of the videos:

Animal Crossing WiiU confirmed. Use your Tom Nook Amiibo to erect a golden shrine to Tom Nook. Pleased with this offering he will cut all future loan payments by five percent

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Resident Evil Revelations feels a lot like combining the better controls and action from RE4 with the atmosphere and dread you'd get from the original games. Monsters can be bullet sponges if you don't plan your shots well and outside of a headshot your bullets won't be forcing them backwards or to stumble so don't expect to be punching enemies to death like they're boulders or anything and even a single enemy can be a threat again unlike recent RE games. That plus Rachel

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

My one dream (that will never happen) is a new Viewtiful Joe game on the WiiU. The game pad would be perfect for it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Best thing about Nintendo is they aren't afraid to use colors in their games.

That and, you know, they're ok with games being games instead of trying to make a cinematic masterpiece with middle school level writing

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

How possible would it be for Nintendo to make it so people can set up private, invite only communities? I'd love for there to be a goon only general community where drawings of dicks could roam as free as they once did in swapnote with sub communities for specific games

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The best thing about the WiiU hate thread was watching it implode during E3 and become the "poo poo I want a WiiU" thread

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Heran Bago posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549771

It fizzled out because the thread got really poo poo and derailed. I'd still love to see graphs of the Wii U doing terribly.

poo poo I forgot this thread had the "Gaming Ambrosia" post. The greatest post in history

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I think stamps are a cool alternative to achievements. You get a little something to use instead of making a number get bigger. Part of me kind of wished you could use them in any Miiverse post but looking at it now I'm glad they're game restricted so I don't have to see the same Mario stamp spammed in every message

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Wait you can draw on screenshots? I'm confused

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is there a reason the other Club Nintendo's get so much cool swag yet Club Nintendo of America has been left to rot?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The issue is that they released too many sequels too fast and that's why people didn't like the New Super Mario series. People felt it was quickly made for quick cash ins and it didn't try to do anything different and wasn't up to the usual effort Nintendo puts in their products

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I kind of wish there was some kind of pop up or something when you got a message on Miiverse instead of having to check to see if it's pulsing if a friends replied to you or not

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So is the Villager amiibo eventually coming back out or is the only to get one now is at crazy mark up?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So are the challenge times worth doing in captain toad? Do I get a special sparkle to books or do they exist just as an optional thing

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

You just get little stars on the covers of each of the books when you do them all. They don't unlock anything.

Pretty fun though, and some of them require some creative thinking.
I need those stars it's paramount

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mercury Crusader posted:

This one is my favorite:

Mario Kart won't save the WiiU it will only sell 2 million copies in it's life time

-A thing someone was actually paid by Polygon to put on their website

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Smudgie Buggler posted:

I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the SNES, but by girlfriend bought me a Wii U for Christmas (cause she's really cute like that). Loving the poo poo out of most of it so far, but holy good goddamn how have Nintendo and the fanbase allowed Mario Kart to become so much about the ridiculous powerups over the years? How is there no "Meritocratic Mario Kart" where you can't get totally hosed over even though you're playing flawlessly just because the useless shits behind you got lucky? Some will surely say I'm missing the point of Mario Kart. I don't think I am, because I like the silliness and chaos in small doses, but if it's ever going to be treated as a competitive game (which online play suggests it wants to be) then I just can't understand some of the design choices. Specifically, the decision not to include a mode that does away with all the stupid powerups but doesn't lead to a track utterly littered with bananas. Life isn't fair and depends almost entirely on luck. I really don't want my avenues of escapism to be the same.

tl;dr I love Mario Kart in my heart of hearts, but gently caress anybody who thinks the state of it doesn't need serious revising in order to be a proper game rather than an elaborate slot machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLKhxjfG03A

Mario Kart has always been luck driven, in case this is a real post

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

While the other consoles argue who has the better version of lovely Ubisoft and lovely AAA games WiiU cuties cruise on by like :snoop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUt_KF9vI10

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 1, 2015

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The fact he wasn't called a single racist or homophobic slur makes it better than Live or PSN

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Are there any collectathon style platforms like Spyro or Banjo on the WiiU or any planned. After having 100% Lego City my need to collect useless baubles is starting to itch again

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Unlocking Rosalina was really cool and I enjoyed it a lot. Rosalina may be my favorite new Mario character.

Don't let that guy who was ordered thousands of dollars of Rosalina figures to make sure people who like her never get her Amiibo hear that or he'll have an melt down

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZEdDMQZaCU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I am surprised a company would DMCA something that was made up of ripped content from one of their games. Gosh Nintendo way to blow everything out proportion!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Was hoping for WiiU Trauma Center :sigh:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Oh shiiiit Fatal Frame

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

And now...to take it...even further beyond! :ssj:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If you really thought Nintendo was gonna drop holiday game bombshells in a low key April Nintendo Direct then lol

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If you're watching this TreeHouse Splatoon thing and you still don't like Splatoon you're broken get off this planet please

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I hope Nintendo sticks with the whole jazz music thing they've been doing lately cause man it has so much personality I love it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This is a word for word description of a plant from Plant vs Zombies or is this a joke I am missing?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I got the Don't Starve game off the eShop but I'm a little confused. It says I get a free gift code to hand to a friend but I can't figure out how to actually get the code. Is it under something in eShop or something?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Shenmue thing still confuses me. If Microsoft or Nintendo had announced a loving Kickstarter for a game as part of their big E3 announcement they would've been justifiably called out on that poo poo but somehow I'm supposed to be excited because Sony did it? Like imagine if Nintendo, instead of outright funding Bayonetta 2, had announced a kickstarter for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Amppelix posted:

Destiny is really popular though?

Is it still? I thought Bungie had dropped the ball on after release content and people were getting bored of the game

• Locked thread