Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Has anything interesting happened in the last 2500 posts?

no

:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
has anita sarkeesian done anything but make trite feminism 101 videos recently, or are weirdo nerds still obsessed with her?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Phobophilia posted:

has anita sarkeesian done anything but make trite feminism 101 videos recently, or are weirdo nerds still obsessed with her?

She got scared by tweets and relocated her immediate family into a safehouse, but other than that it's high school level videos that in no way cost 160k to make.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Waltzing Along posted:

yeah

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
madden giferator looks like it will produce a lot of great stuff.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

horriblePencilist posted:

She got scared by tweets and relocated her immediate family into a safehouse, but other than that it's high school level videos that in no way cost 160k to make.
Lol, are MRA's still mad because people donated money to her?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I want to make a low-effort game based on this. but I am too lazy to even raise my arm to the keyboard.

Anyway heres the idea:

One Dimensional Sandbox

Made in HTML.

On the screen (that is painted dark blue) you see a bright gray line and a dot. You can move that dot to the left of the right.

Using HTML5 audio api, the page generate a audio landscape based on what is on the landscape.

On the bottom of the page theres some buttons:

[PLAY VICTIM]
[DIG DEEPER]
[TROLL]
[KILL EVERYTHING]

If you uses Play Victim, you change the "landscape", so the final aural scape will change. Using play victim will seed a "baby cryiing" audio in that point.
Dig Deeper will seed cave sounds.
Troll will seed fire sounds.
Kill Everything will remove all sounds around the nearby area and replace it by forest sounds or the original sounds (beach, forest, city)

You will be able to move in this 1D landscape. So every 300ms javascript will recalculate the audio landscape based on what nearby sounds exist. The whole landscape will connect in the borders, so the topology will be a circle.

I will use HTTP_REFERER to detect the forum source. SA users will have a extra button to say "GET OUT". Reddit users will be able to say "BAZINGA!". Users will be able to see each other in this aural landscape.

So I have a well defined idea, that only require some HTML and a bit of server side to store the aural landscape "tiles".

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Sep 5, 2014

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Phobophilia posted:

She's tweeted. A lot.

Most of it is about how misogynist stuff is.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

gently caress you Anita, Gene Wilder is my trigger!

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

limaCAT posted:

Lowtax. His mind.

http://t.co/JjOzwySgWk (mp3)

edit: (loud mp3)

He really is quite good at audio engineering.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
unironic use of trigger warning.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
i already understand more than what vidyagame feminism videos can teach me with a lovely sociology 101 course i took once. Symbols! The textbook had no trigger warnings though

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:

Anal Papist posted:

gently caress you Anita, Gene Wilder is my trigger!

That very jpeg once cost me a relationship. I am honestly triggered by it. No I cannot elaborate. But I swear it on both my love and hate of the xbox one.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
http://moviebob.blogspot.com/2014/09/a-long-post-about-gamergate.html?spref=tw

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Everyone watch Gene in "Stir Crazy" quite an excellent film. Use images from this film to make macros and madeupfred will reply to Anita with them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ctrl-f "I quit"
no results
angrily close tab

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

It was sexism that Charlie won, and that the only two girls (THERE WERE MORE BOYS!) were stereotypical glorified as bimbos.
Also none of the girls wore overalls.
Therefore sexist and Roald Dahl is a CISHET enemy of humankind.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Cishet sounds like a type of small wild cat.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Douchebag australian show condemns sexism in gaming culture while conveniently ignoring every reason why the backlash exists in the first place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWv-Hstuk8k

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

VJeff posted:

ctrl-f "I quit"
no results
angrily close tab

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Waltzing Along posted:

madden giferator looks like it will produce a lot of great stuff.

its a few pages back where it starts just go to that quote and go back a bit, but holy poo poo a lot of them are worth it.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

a long post indeed
i am not reading that poo poo
silence of the hams

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

a long post indeed
i am not reading that poo poo
silence of the hams

Amen, I saw about two words and realized its girth still isn't as wide as he is and stopped. Then scrolled down to see how long this fucker really was. Midway down the page I thought to myself, "what a fatass."

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Could we decide the winner of GamerGate by having moviebob sumo-wrestle boogie?
Then again, moviebob is well trained the Goku school of martial arts...

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Could we decide the winner of GamerGate by having moviebob sumo-wrestle boogie?
Then again, moviebob is well trained the Goku school of martial arts...

I'd rather both of them have a weight loss competition. Whoever loses the most weight in 3 months is the winner.

neither of them will lose any weight probably gain. Meaning in the end SA truly wins.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I think if he spent less time on twitter and more time pretending to be in DBZ fights with strawmen he'd lose more weight.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I think if he spent less time on twitter and more time pretending to be in DBZ fights with strawmen he'd lose more weight.

gently caress if he spent half an hour running or attempting to run he'd be in better shape.

Too bad for every letter he types in twitter he doesn't have to take a step.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

gamers are like cops. there are a few bad apples.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

doomisland posted:

gamers are like cops. there are a few bad apples.

AGAB

Papa Daedalus
Aug 11, 2014

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
So Zoe posted this on her Twitter two days ago.

However, she failed to mention all the replies this post got, as seen here.

Additionally, she recently posted screencaps of hateful posts on 4chan but forgot that the timestamp is weeks old.

Also I really like how she just posted a pic of herself saying "Ugh I should cut my hair" in the middle of all this.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Al Borland posted:

I'd rather both of them have a weight loss competition. Whoever loses the most weight in 3 months is the winner.

neither of them will lose any weight probably gain. Meaning in the end SA truly wins.

Guess who's winning

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 5, 2014

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Lol imagine if the hulkster had sex with Jlaw and then Jlaw posted how he cucked her right when his indie 2minute video game book "Hulksters Sad about Car Wreckd: a safety lesson" came out for free.

It's too bad life isn't nearly that cool.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Waltzing Along posted:

https://twitter.com/Videogames73/status/507395192098660352

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

I posted a couple days ago how Deadspin aka. Gawker Media posted Kate Upton's illegally hacked nudes directly on their site because professional pitcher Justin Verlander was in them.

http://deadspin.com/justin-verlander-and-his-butt-appear-in-celebrity-nude-1629145772

They didnt think anything was wrong with this and left them up for 4 or so days until Kate Upton's lawyers contacted them about it to take them down.

Except they had written another scummy article where they took the exif data and posted a timeline of where and when they were taken along with a bunch of the hacked pictures. At least one Kate Upton nude is in there (an multiple verlander nudes) . Still on the site.

http://deadspin.com/justin-verlander-and-his-hacked-photos-a-partial-timel-1629246666

Justin Verlander posted:

“I’m not going to comment on my personal life,” Verlander said in the Tigers’ clubhouse before tonight’s game against the Cleveland Indians. “I never have, and I never plan on it. I keep my personal life personal.

Sounds familiar.

TLDR: Gawker continues to be lovely blog journalism that only takes the moral high ground when its in their best interest

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Pls take down, every pic, including the hulkster balls

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

literally a hog posted:

TLDR: Gawker continues to be lovely blog journalism that only takes the moral high ground when its in their best interest

clickbait blog network posts blog-appropriate clickbait. we are surprised by this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

However, she failed to mention all the replies this post got, as seen here.

The last time I went to 4chan was just 4 months ago, and back then the replies would have been in favor of that post (still without actually following through). Weird to see it going 180°

• Locked thread