Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

John Kruk posted:

Did someone say gross chick with a fedora?

:nws:http://imgur.com/a/vvidp:nws:

pretty sure that's a dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

I only bothered skimming 2nd picture 1st post and they're talking about these men being in positions of authority, in tumblr talk doesn't that mean she was raped and should be getting sympathy since any inequality in status means its rape and other such craziness.

MyronGognitti
Jun 15, 2008

by zen death robot

boom boom boom posted:

Every fifth 4chan user must become a woman and perform as a girlfriend to the other four.

what's the ratio for troons here?

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830
something touched me deep inside, the day gaming journalism died

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Jack the Stripper posted:

Tbh I think this along with many other bullshit she's said is just made up. This woman seems like she's literally begging for attention so I would not be surprised.

My modem finally stopped making that awful dial-up noise and I also believe this

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ponce de Le0n posted:

She's not going to sleep with you dude.

Maybe not right away but I am filling out my IGN application as we speak

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

what does this have to do with five guys burgers?
and don't tell me to watch half an hour of boring redditor poo poo

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
what is it with weird hair colored nerd girls and their propensity for takin they clothes off on the internets

goatse.cx
Nov 21, 2013

a hole-y ghost posted:

what does this have to do with five guys burgers?
and don't tell me to watch half an hour of boring redditor poo poo

she cheated on her bf w/ 5 dudes all gaming journalists

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

oh okay

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
lol a sjw is actually a hoe and sold all her principles when it suited her best, news at 11

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

John Kruk posted:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

big duck equals goose posted:

WTF IS.... daddy issues?!

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Adventure Pigeon posted:

maybe the next act will involve tumblr getting in on the action in a big way

The outrage is already fueled by rumblings of a liberal-feminist conspiracy in the [games] media to undermine traditional [gamer] values.

In reality, this is because nerds base their lives around naked consumption and games journalism is crass advertainment. In the nerd fantasy, their deep-seated unhappiness is not caused by this fact but by women and minorities.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
This entire thing is great

It's some feminist hypocrite tumblr chick and her personal tumblr knight army dukin it out with 4chan, reddit, and various gaming news sites on the subject of selling your buttery body for jobs and positive gaming reviews, all while owning a scam charity while shutting down other charities. then having the sites that report on this chick noone really cared/cares about by having the sites shut down/ddos'd/attempted to be removed from the archives and lying about getting hacked to discredit groups.

SA was even listed as one of sites suppressing the topics but the list was so long that the post reeked of bullshit

Just watch the video for the fireworks, forwarded to a tldr of the goodies and a pretty great rant about some fish-man i don't know about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M&t=995s

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Maybe not right away but I am filling out my IGN application as we speak

Welcome to the good life. :cheers:

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Zzulu posted:

what is it with weird hair colored nerd girls and their propensity for takin they clothes off on the internets

borderline personality disorder

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
Someone get hackerman barbarian bob/peanut and the gang to rename it Cuckaku

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

i wonder how many gaming journalists phil fish slept with to promote his lovely platformer

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
So how many journalists did Randy Pitchford sleep with for Aliens: Colonial Marines?

Edit: Dammit Red Bones, that was my joke

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
What's the difference between this and a Jerry Springer episode ?

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Red Bones posted:

i wonder how many gaming journalists phil fish slept with to promote his lovely platformer

That's it; Fez 2 is cancelled again.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

John Kruk posted:

why is a line of stars such a common tattoo?

MyronGognitti
Jun 15, 2008

by zen death robot

lewtt posted:

SA was even listed as one of sites suppressing the topics

can't say i blame them for thinking that

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

TotalBiscuit posted:

Ok, need a little bit of assistance on this one. I've got a bit of background in UK law but this involves someone in the US.

I put together a Youtube video a few days ago with a view to it going viral and promoting my site and other projects. It did, however someone decided it would be good to take a chunk of the footage, unaltered and create a 'parody' video. Now to the best of my knowledge, he does not qualify for protection under parody law or fair use. He did not alter the footage, he did not credit the footage, he did not ask permission to use the footage and I own the footage in full. There was no 'parody' going on, it was just a 20 or so second chunk of my footage, including my unaltered voice, cut into a piece of his work.

I filed a copyright claim, on the basis that this guy actively went out of his way to taunt and harrass me about the video, so hey, why not? Protecting my IP is entirely reasonable right? I informed him before doing so that I could in fact 'do poo poo to him' contrary to what he claimed and that his video did not qualify under US parody law.

This dumbass has filed a counterclaim with Youtube, which means I'm now obliged to go after him and file a court action under the DMCA. In counterclaiming, he perjured himself and provided his full name and address for the purposes of filing.

I don't see any reason to let this guy get away with his behaviour, particularly when he went so far out of his way to try and rub it in my face. So the question is two-fold.

1) Is my understand of US copyright law correct? Is using a chunk of unaltered footage, without permission protected by parody law or not?

2) How would I file such a thing? I live in the UK, this guy is in Alabama.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. I'd also like to know how much it would cost to file. I'd imagine he will back off when that happens so I won't need to go any further.

lol

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

why is a line of stars such a common tattoo?
she only got 3/5 stars

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Woman sleeps with guy, cheats on boyfriend, is a general rear end in a top hat about it, later guy maybe gives her game good review: A CRASS VIOLATION OF JOURNALISM ETHICS

Every major games review outlet taking millions of dollars in advertising money and pretty much every major Youtuber being outed as a paid shill for a far reaching program by an industry leader to manipulate the market: MAYBE THERE WAS A THREAD ON NEOGAF ABOUT IT OR SOMETHING? AREN'T YOGSCAST, TB AND MAX GREAT! SO GREAT!

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
lol video games journalism and its integrity. and phil fish defending an amoral sociopath who sexually harasses people.

goatse.cx
Nov 21, 2013

lewtt posted:

SA was even listed as one of sites suppressing the topics but the list was so long that the post reeked of bullshit

oh its not bullshit my friend, the boyfriend first broke the story on our very own games forum, it has since been disappeared into mods forum though

http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=211605

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Ape Fist posted:

lol video games journalism and its integrity. and phil fish defending an amoral sociopath who sexually harasses people.
lol weed smoking bart.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

A woman cheats on her boyfriend. She made a game though so it's the business of a million angry nerds

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

a hole-y ghost posted:

lol weed smoking bart.

*blows a whole load of nuggingtons all over the thread, blesses it with weed!!!*

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Stupid coloured hair, piercings, poo poo tattoos, attention whoring and Tumblr. Cliches all present and accounted for.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Doesn't totalbiscuit have cancer? Probably a pity gently caress

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

vyst posted:

yeah thats the impression I got from the thread

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

This vile seductress has corrupted the purity of video game journalism. :qq:

quote:

Every major games review outlet taking millions of dollars in advertising money and pretty much every major Youtuber being outed as a paid shill for a far reaching program by an industry leader to manipulate the market: MAYBE THERE WAS A THREAD ON NEOGAF ABOUT IT OR SOMETHING? AREN'T YOGSCAST, TB AND MAX GREAT! SO GREAT!

Getting paid to shill is easy, and a lot of fun. That's why everyone wants to do it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

vyst posted:

Chomp8645 posted:

Total Biscuit is not the one she's accused of having sex with. He's just commenting on something he has no direct involvement with. Ya'll can't loving read. Enjoy your [Sarcasm] Facebook tag because you're too loving stupid to comprehend words.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

goatse.cx posted:

oh its not bullshit my friend, the boyfriend first broke the story on our very own games forum, it has since been disappeared into mods forum though

Thank god we escaped that bullet.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

vyst posted:

wait, I though he wasn't getting any only the "journalists"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

goatse.cx posted:

We could have been leading the way to internet flame and Lowtax could have cashed in all the :10bux: from upset people flocking to save their fair maiden from this, but Cowcaster nuked the dairy farm of our dreams?

We could have milked this for millions!

• Locked thread