Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sadly. Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah I take back what I said. I'm no prize or anything but yeah, wouldn't.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Too bad Robin Williams loved video games or else he might've avoided his fate.

Jesus christ :thurman:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Is there anyone on any side of this who isn't acting like a shithead?

The people who are mounting any case against Quinn are at least partially a bunch of lovely meganerds gangpiling onto a fairly benign woman because they perceive her as a target they can actually hit without much fear of reprisal, while the people supporting her seem to be ensconced in a bubble of victimization and refuse to acknowledge that there's any sort of underlying issue here other than misogyny and internet bullying because this was started by a bitter ex and involves a woman's sex life.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You silly bint I meant it in the sense of non-malignant. Sure her alleged lack of ethics is disgusting but it's not like she's actively poisoning the world of game development outside of maybe her own tiny corner.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yivgev posted:

definitively no. get a snack and some beer and enjoy the ride :hchatter:

This sounds about right I'm afraid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ave Azaria posted:

it's a woman deciding how to dress herself vs. a game designer creating a womanpuppet to jerk teenage boys off with

Why is this distinction never ever made in the minds of either side?

• Locked thread