Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slanderer
May 6, 2007
having honed my talents creating an 8-part miniseries about the inherent dishonesty and cowardice of anita sarkeesian, i now turn my craft towards Zoe Quinn, who represents an existential threat to the videogames i love and respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
e: nvm

Slanderer fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 24, 2014

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

VJeff posted:

This woman is turning into a supervillain.

on the other hand hahah that dude was cucked so loving hard

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
lol that people are mad that giant bomb isn't talking about tabloid drama that involves someone they all personally know

lol that the same people dont realize that this would also be ethically questionable for journalists

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Man Whore posted:

lol that people are still calling them journalists.

lol that people call any video game journalist a journalist

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

The Brown Menace posted:

except when they gleefully did it with the cards against humanity guy

lol when was this

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

A Yolo Wizard posted:

it wasn't on the podcast or front page soooo it probably was never.

The Brown Menace posted:

a while ago, some chick from his college days accused him of raping her and it was all over the place, especially places which are going all "oh it wouldn't be ethical to pry into someone's personal life" about the zoe thing (though it isn't about who she hosed at all, they know this to deflect attention away from the real issue of corruption)

no, i mean, i'm pretty sure they never actually mentioned this directly. maybe klepek said something on his blog, but he is a goddamn goober.

jeff posted something on the frontpage saying "hey gamers, stop being loving scum, and dont imply that you're part of giant bomb or associated with us at all", which never actually mentioned the situation at all because he's not a goddamn drama queen

fuckin lol

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Rad Tad posted:

I'm sad that I know this but that message was about giant bomb not hiring a woman

welp, guess i'm cucked!!!!!!

zoe quinn applied for that job lol

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

This guy sounds like a party though.

as an adult he heard that egg whites were really healthy for you, so he decided to make some. he cracked a bunch of eggs into the sink, and tossed the shells into a skillet

later he called his mom to ask why the shells werent melting into delicious egg whites

dan ryckert is a national loving treasure

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

Please tell more stories about this man.

he made fun of Jose Canseco so much on twitter that he angrily wrote the forward for Dan's next book "Air Force Gator 2: Scales of Justice"

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/21948/jose-canseco-writes-fan-foreword-for-free

he made a crowdfunding campaign to make fun of Jose Canseco and get more money then him and his campaign. he succeeded and wrote/compiled a book about Jose Canseco traveling through time and getting into trouble because of his tiny penis

https://fundanything.com/en/campaigns/i-m-better-at-crowdsourcing-than-jose-canseco

http://www.amazon.com/Former-Baseba...rds=dan+ryckert

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
dan won't try mayonnaise, but discovered that he loves aioli. he refuses to believe that aioli is basically just garlic mayo.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

The Brown Menace posted:

here's the gone home nepotism

i'm linking it because the picture is big

http://i.imgur.com/Wg6iLvL.jpg

loool "tweeting at someone == nepotism"

haha gently caress all gamers forever

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

The Brown Menace posted:

the point inflation is besides the point. there needs to be shades of scores between good, very good, and flawless games.

haha loving video games aren't graded on some absolute scale of game perfection. weirdo spergs like Ulillillia might arbitrarily assign impossibly exact values to everything, but Real People don't do that because reviewing media isnt the same as grading a math test. game sites realized that giving a PRECISE NUMERICAL FORMULA OF SCORING PERFECTION was retarded because it is entirely unrelated to the question of "is this a good loving game?"

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

The Brown Menace posted:

also appearing on their show multiple times and being all friendly with them and obviously having some sort of relationship outside of the boundaries of professionalism

woah, they TALKED TO THE CREATORS?? holy poo poo their reviewer virginity is loving GONE!!!

pretty sure jeff gerstmann had a good rant about this, because idiot children dont realize that of-loving-course reviewers talk to PR people, and then go on to trash their games anyway.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

The Brown Menace posted:

this is precisely the case in more or less all publications save for polygon, where it also played a role, along with the staff personally knowing and being friends with the developer

lol you probably didnt even realize that the people who write polygon reviews don't even assign the score. the editors decide that after reading the review

ya dip

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

jalopybrown posted:

I assumed the interactive art instillation was free but it seems to cost actual money, how long can you draw it out if you didn't do the speedrunning?

about 4 hours. it was actually really cool for the art assets, since they were were able to create a place that felt sorta "real". most games will copy/paste objects as necessary in the game (since they are budgeted only for a limited number of unique assets for an area), but here basically everything was one-of-a-kind, which is impossible for games of bigger scope.

the original $20 price was loving ludicrous though

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

The Brown Menace posted:

the positively glowering review, written by someone who has obviously absolutely nothing to do with the editor

also the reviewer meets with the editors and they decide on the score together

when i am a famous indie game developer i will follow every reviewer in the world on twitter, thus preventing them from giving unbiased negative reviews of my garbage 8bit platformer

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

gently caress the ROW posted:

whats your transvestite indie game jam name

The Gender Warrior

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

The Brown Menace posted:

there's a bit of a stretch between merely following on twitter as opposed to shmoozing it up irl on record, and unbiased negative reviews as opposed to 10/10 masterpiece

would you like to keep playing, orrrr...

haha you still think a 10/10 score means it's the PERFECT GAME. that's retarded as hell

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

The Brown Menace posted:

nope, just not a score it would have received without outside factors

"well, sure OTHER publications gave it a great score, but THIS publication wouldnt have done it if not for TWITTER NEPOTISM"

Lobster Harmonica posted:

not so much "PERFECT" as "comparable to the standard set by other games that may be regarded as a 10 out of 10"

it's a joke comparing gone home to a mario galaxy or an age of empires 2 or whatever

pretty sure the standard was "i really enjoyed that game and there wasnt really anything about it i disliked a whole lot. namaste"

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

reinstalling as we speak

the expansion pack was pretty bad tho

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

haha look at all those tweets that are almost all dated long after that game came out

you loving moron

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

forums poster "Slanderer" living up to his name

:eyepop:

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

V!ntar posted:

I don't get it. Why is everyone on Quinn's side arguing about misogyny? This has nothing to do with gender, she cheated on her boyfriend with 5 guys in the gaming press. Thos 5 guys gave that pretentious poo poo of a game good reviews. Where does it matter that she was a woman?

they're arguing about misogyny because the response isn't, "oh, maybe she is not a very nice person" but instead "i knew that dumb feminist bitch was a lying whore! keep this liberal BULLSHIT out of games!"

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

I'm honestly not even sure what this dumb loving thing is supposed to be implying

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Nion posted:

Sarkeesians videos are pretty much on the level of a high school project. Clips lifted from Youtube videos completely unsourced, text read straight from the Wiki and TVTropes pages for the subject, never moves on from What into How or Why. Decent if you want to get a B-/C+ in class, useless if you want to convince anyone of anything.

People don't get mad at her videos because they are intro-level stuff, but instead because they can't loving handle intro level criticism. All you need to do is point out something basic and obvious and people get frothing mad about feminazis

any actual academic criticism would be lost on gamers lol

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Fluo posted:

I went to check his twitter and saw this.

The image is abit dated but it was:

lol @ this theory, since everyone involved was like "holy poo poo this fake game jam is a poo poo show, we need to bail"

but apparently zoe is a loving puppetmaster lol

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Lightanchor posted:

This is my favorite part of Anita's latest video, where she says dead men aren't shown in sexualized positions while on screen is a man shown in a sexual position

http://youtu.be/5i_RPr9DwMA?t=2m57s

brother, if this is what you consider a sexual position then you are probably a cello fucker

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Can we refocus on the fact that a gang of 24 year-old white kids are running a grifting ring in San Francisco

nah it's funnier to make fun of dumb manchildren who want to drop hard truthbombs on sjws

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

big duck equals goose posted:

heh... yeah, the sick ownage by you.... *Plays UT2K headshot.wav over and over*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVz9__a8x-I

gently caress that was a sick burn...

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

hahahaha this thread keeps on delivering the genderqueer laughs

f u my game is going to be loving REAL

at the end there are three buttons (player choice is impt). the red button makes everyone in the world the same gender. the green button makes everyone have no gender.

but the blue button will make everyone all genders

games are art.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

can we please stop saying "Zoe Quinn" so much its making me uncomfortable

whats ur trigger

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

horriblePencilist posted:

Those ideas usually get shouted down quickly, but in the end there's nothing to stop one guy to do just this and pin it on 4chan, just for fun.
Personally I think every attendee of Zoe's panel should just nod respectfully through the entirety of it.

hahaha yes of course, 4chan is clearly the victim here

please continue posting more evidence pics from 4chan

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

I heard talk that /v will gently caress a goat on stage at PAX while screaming "women are worse then niggers!!" Over and over

hosed up if true

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Froghammer posted:

This poo poo's spread out over dozens of twitters and I don't have a twitter and gently caress navigating through twitter trying to find the central tweet or whatever. Mostly I'm finding people reacting to it. Like this guy.

gently caress this guy.

PAX 2014: the Pudgy White Riot

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Don Tacorleone posted:

ahahahahahahah, I did not believe this but:

POLYGON'S 2013 GAMES OF THE YEAR

TEARAWAY
READ WHY

KENTUCKY ROUTE ZERO
READ WHY

SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD
READ WHY

GRAND THEFT AUTO 5
READ WHY

BROTHERS: A TALE OF TWO SONS
READ WHY

THE LAST OF US
READ WHY

BIOSHOCK INFINITE
READ WHY

TOWERFALL
READ WHY

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: A LINK BETWEEN WORLDS
READ WHY

1. GONE HOME

giant bomb had it on their GOTY list too, albeit at number 4

1. The Last Of Us
2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
3. BioShock Infinite
4. Gone Home
5. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
6. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
7. Dota 2
8. Divekick
9. Papers, Please
10. Rogue Legacy

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
apparently Gone Home was IGN's (PC) game of the year

http://www.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2013/Best_PC_Game

gamespot nominated it for GOTY too

either the indie conspiracy is a thousand limbed beast that traps all, or video game dudes sorta like gone home

makes u think

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Nebelwerfer posted:

Being PC as gently caress is the flavor of the month, no matter how indie or not your company is

do you mean personal computer or politically correct

this is a very important question

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

The Zelda and Mario games both happened to be really good tho, ie really technically proficient with great visuals on weak hardware and really well-designed and paced gameplay

Gone Home on the other hand was literally a single map made in Valve's hammer editor wherein you press the use button on some props

Zelda and Mario were great, but they were still iterative and not really innovative. critics liked gone home for actually doing something that felt new (expanding the interacalary segments of FPS shooters and survival horror games, that are based on narratives through exploration, into a full game)
there shouldn't be a yearly gone home franchise with bitchin DLC packs, but it was a cool game when it was released.

Also it can be described as a love story between a lesbian and the idea of a ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Oh, you mean like myst and the ten thousand clones it had.

not really

• Locked thread