Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Secks Cauldron posted:

The most offensive things about this photo set are actually the crap photography and art direction. The photographer can't compose a shot properly most of the time, the lighting is flat and unimpressive, the model should not be wearing pinstripe everything.

there's not even 69 photos in that album what a travesty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Tsinava posted:

i hate reddit and slutty nerd girls who die there hare

these homonyms are making me thirsty

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I tried to read all of that guy's tl:dr thing about his relationship and at first I felt bad for him for being hosed over by his girlfriend but by the end of it he was just being a whiny little bitch who didn't know when to walk away.

basically the whole thing read like the worst E/N thread

it's the culmination of a few people being immensely retarded

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fathis Munk posted:

You can donate a certain amount of bux you set each month to artists you like. Basically if you've got a popular artist even if every fan just gives him a couple bux/month he might get enough to devote himself to whatever he is doing. That is the original idea I guess ?

E: Relevant Fplus link http://thefpl.us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=224:e146&catid=1:podcasts

Jeet Christ why do people hate their own money and throw it away on stupid poo poo like this?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Minrad posted:

civilization has always shunted money towards funding artists to enrich the community

i'd say we're getting a significantly worse investment now compared to the past several thousand years of human history, though

gently caress that poo poo, get a job and moonlight like a real person

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
all aspects of this dumb poo poo are really funny to me

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

spidoman posted:

You know when you watch Maury and think "This is okay but I wish everyone was even uglier and more of a joke."

And there's the 3 idiots in the crowd who are legitimately taking sides, while everyone else just laughs at the stupidity of these people that are clearly beneath them?

Exactly

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ferid posted:

in the sense that he paid $10 and was instantly banned for his manifesto

it was a parachute/burner account

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ponce de Le0n posted:

At the end of the day the one good thing about this is that maybe twee manic pixie nerd girls will think twice before making GBS threads out terrible thoughts and opinions and then asking for money for them

and hopefully they might even gently caress off forever :3: :unsmith:

preemptive :allears:

lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ponce de Le0n posted:

How's the ladies thread taking all this drama manlove? im sure they are being fair and balanced and not just screaming that all this is happening just because she's a woman.

lol

from waht I see the catladies don't give a gently caress about it compared to their own personal cuck quests, but every dude on the internet does

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ponce de Le0n posted:

lol u got some posts to go back and read then

ahahaha frankly I'm not surprised at that attitude of theirs

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

jalopybrown posted:

if john carmack banged 5 female 'video game journalists' for good reviews i'd high 5 him and call him a legend so maybe their is a double standard? idk

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

cthulhoo posted:

You don't want pics. Seriously.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

WHAT THE gently caress :stare:

lol what? did you think "poz my neg rear end" was actually a racist term and not this?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Rad Tad posted:

lol if she found bugs doing it, did she call it play testing?

heh

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lowtax posted:

Wow, it's almost as if... she likes getting attention.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

why is adachi on the left?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shithouse Dave posted:

There are many amusingly terrible things about ms Quinn, but Zoë having an umlaut is a legit thing.

unlauts on dipthongs in english irrationally annoys me for some reason

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shithouse Dave posted:

This is a woman who didn't shower on her wedding day and left a permanent greasy pink stain on the wall of a place she stayed for two nights. You bet it's gross as gently caress.

which number wedding?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

she's a cool character

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

rainy day posted:

She probably didnt send links to the site to her dad tho, which 4chan nerds did.

loving godamnit

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

lmao

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

cthulhoo posted:

lol if anyone seriously thought there would be consequences for any of the shitfucker journalists involved

Lol that people take games journalism seriously

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

8.8/10 would not bang

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Madcosby posted:

she looks like an isosceles triangle

lol that you attribute any sort of identifiable shape to her

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mister Fister posted:

Yeah it's pretty loving sad (i'm not exempt), but you gotta admit, not even Mexican daytime soap operas have this much drama.

at least those feature attractive people

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

oh man it's almost like she likes this attention

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Alexzandvar posted:

The fact anyone actually banged her still mystifies me, she must be insane in bed with the lights off or nerds are literally to desperate to live

I'm going with cwolumn B because she apparently doesn't shower a whole lot either

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shadoer posted:

Hey its like +$200 a month to her Paetron account.

how much is it at now?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shadoer posted:

$2147.00 a month for simply existing.

she's almost making a public school teacher's salary thanks to witless nerds and this is what I'm the most actually angry about

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

SPACE HOMOS posted:

In a perfect world come tax time she'd get hosed on an audit.

there's still hope :unsmith:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mister Fister posted:

http://pastebin.com/1ZAen9iJ

Hello Patreon,

In a world where add revenue and indie developer funds become increasingly more unstable and unpredictable, this is an amazing platform. Bringing entertainment artists the financial support that keeps them doing what they love and entertaining their fans is a noble cause, and one that I'm sure does not come without it's responsibilities.

I'm sure it is evident how the reputation of a company is built on it's integrants. A company associated with reputable people is by extension a reputable company. It is also evident that it works both ways: a company's reputation also suffers with the reputation of those with whom they associate.

Now of course, while it is true that if most of the people who are associated with a company are generally known as liars or scoundrels, the reputation of the company will suffer; it is also true that one bad egg will ruin you omelet, even if it is an enormous omelet as is your company.

My point, (although made through extenuating and fanciful metaphors so as to lighten the mood) is that if such an egg were to be found it should be eliminated before it has the opportunity to tarnish the reputation of such a delicious omelet. But, of course, I don't have to spell it out for you. You are accomplished business professionals and I don't have to explain the gravity of the situation. This "bad egg" of which I speak is, of course, Zoe Quinn.

Now by this time I am sure you have heard the prominent buzz in social media and popular image boards. And I'm sure you know the gravity of the mistakes she has made deliberately and selfishly in the name of her own, personal gain. Committing concealed acts of violence upon herself only to play the victim to gain popular opinion and support for a game that probably would have otherwise never had gotten on steam. You know that this is a far greater matter then the fraud she committed, this represents the whole of game advertising and the influence that it can have on whether or not a game is successful. This is a matter that can begin and end here, but only if swift and immediate action is taken against the transgressor. A message needs to be sent to the gaming community that this type of behavior is NOT acceptable, and it WILL be met with professional consequences.

We the people can do nothing then perhaps jibber-jabber in her face, and try with words what we know we cannot do without actions. But professional companies like you who are close to her and support her directly can send a message to her and the entire gaming community that this is NOT how it works, and if this goes on consequences WILL be imminent.

I trust that Patreon will take the responsible step; take the first step to what may be a change for the better in video game propaganda and the gaming community in general. In the name of my friends and colleagues I am sorry about what has happend and hope it will be resolved soon.

Yours,

I wish this chain letter would also shut down every other patreon/kickstarter/gofundme/indiegogo campaign as well

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Literally The Worst posted:

There was more to it than that iirc, like tehy were basically just being sexist shitheads all day long.

so they got fired for being normal guys? that's bullshit

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

GiantAmazonianOtter posted:

She probably didn't even get mugged.

No poo poo really?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

serious norman posted:

why do you carry around your rent money in cash

They should have asked her that back in february

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fried Watermelon posted:

a tip for rent is to set it up as direct deposit or a cheque. this will avoid carrying around large amounts of cash

also report your cards stolen right away and people won't be able to take money out of them and some transaction can be reversed.

how lovely of a person do you have to be to get mugged while you are carrying your rent? For me to get mugged while paying my rent I would have to post about it online that I was carrying cash around and how pathetic I am that you can just take it from me. Do you not place it in like a wallet, or literally hold it in a money clip for all to see?

Lol you loving dumb dumb

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mister Fister posted:

I'm seriously considering dressing up in drag and going on twitter so nerds pay off my mortgage.

same but I'm going to throw myself down a flight of stairs and say I got beat up by cis scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Over There posted:

I know this was posted before but I just noticed the SA logo at the bottom right hand corner.

WHAT THE gently caress I MUST CORRECT THIS OPINION

• Locked thread