Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical
Apr 6, 2011

so far all of indie games are corrupt, but just how deep does this run? did zoe quinn have sex w/ obama so mass effect 3 got a 10/10?

i need to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

follow the money

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

just to be safe im taking up mountain climbing and plastic model building. anything with the word "game" on it is taboo in my household (of one person... please have sex w me zoe)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Biggie Shorty posted:

I actually can't stand indie games. But I do want these smug prick bloggers and tweeters to get fired.

And are all of the players in this shitstorm Canadian? What the gently caress? I thought Canadians were supposed to be chill.

gets cold up north, gotta cuck to keep warm

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i suspect the list is just "all japanese companies" because most of them are too busy trying to keep their business afloat while the market slowly disappears to actually worry that someone was offended by a crossdresser in their game or whatever.

actually i think japan in general doesn't have much time for feminism and social justice as they watch their population slowly shrink and their global relevance disappear.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

*checks watch* boy howdy this late already? time for some overly serious posts in the CuckQuest thread.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Paladinus posted:

What did she purchase? Depression Quest is free.

contributed to her paetron probably

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

so people started going over the names on that "game developers against harassment" open letter and surprise most of the people on it are not game devs/are fake names. lol @ the guy who apparently signed it Anders Breivik.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

cant we put an end to all this white on white twitter violence and direct it towards the middle east where it belongs

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

A Yolo Wizard posted:

uhh i literally just c/p'd the name on the list (Anders Brevik (Kvasir Games)) and its actually completely real. hes a goofy lookin fucker, but most of the list has actual company names associated with the dev, and 5 out of the 6 with (independent) I randomly googled had a linked in or a twitter or some other page connecting them to game dev
https://twitter.com/Norwigi

i just read it on 4chan so idk, but the pastebin they linked that went through a lot of names in order was mostly just "this person tested a game once" and stuff like that, theres legit people on the list but who knows.

lol that theres some goony idiot in videogames named Anders Brevik tho.

e. i wonder how much those alexa ratings really indicate. i cant imagine this was the straw that broke the camel's back for that many people. feels like most of the people on 4chan or whatever have been mad @ these websites for awhile and probably didn't go to them. i gave up following vgame news ages ago because all these news sites are so loving bad

Radical fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 2, 2014

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

SpazmasterX posted:

I still have yet to see any actual female developers get one of these alleged death threats.

there probably are some but no one on the 4chan side is going to be screencapping it unless ~12 seconds obama knew~ and they don't want to associate themselves with those people going too far. None of the sjw people will do it because they're journalists and they hate doing research or backing up claims apparently

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

guys if i was making a videogame should i side with 4chan or the journalists? assuming i would want maximum profit on my eventual paetron/game sales

maybe i could side with the dark horse something awful

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Do neither and make a good game that is esteemed for its quality and not because it is full of cute anime girls or for being about mental illness

no ones ever bought a good video game though

mentally ill anime girls though... you might be on to something pal

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

didnt she need 2 people to help her make her computer CYOA? whos actually asking her how to make a vgame lol

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Prawned posted:

e: but for real is there a place I can donate so that attractive women get involved in GAMING instead of these loving uggos

you could tell all those celebs that got their nudes leaks that gamers are responsible for it

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Forums Barber posted:

in his... defense(?), I don't think Jeff gives a gently caress about much of anything these days.

you know, id heard people say things to the effect of "jeff totally doesnt care about video games anymore" but thought they were just reading too much into an internet guy. then at their recent pax thing they did he basically said "lol loving videogames i just wanna drive around america in a van and make videos of dumb poo poo"

sounds like hes getting a bit too old for some of this. otoh he has bad opinions on zelda games so i cant defend him

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Brannock posted:

This guy is for fuckin real

id be mad too if a bunch of white people kept thinking i was one of them

fuckin honkies

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

realtalk: there should be more male pregnancy in vgames. thats extremely my poo poo

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Would you like it to involve caste-like societies and wolf penises?

more than anything

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

this is never gonna go away, everyone should prolly stock up on dew n cheetos.

gonna be a long year

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

^^ didnt someone put up 1 grand for anita to post the police report she was gonna make? im betting she didnt post it

has goon hero yahtzee put his opinion up about this yet or did he have the good sense to stay out of the line of fire

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

jim sterling is a fat idiot but i watched his most recent video and (as usual) seemed pretty middle of the road on the whole issue and didn't seem to be in the same camp as most of the other journalists, nor 4chan. he also seems like he might play videogames which is more than most journalists seem to these days so i cant totally hate him.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

theres a girl in my major who wants to never have sex so she can become a wizard. can girls be wizards?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

BombiTheZombie posted:

Duh, theyre called sorceresses.

sorceresses is a female sorcerer though, and thats a different thing

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i dont think ive ever seen more people get mad about a youth novel on tape played in the background of a "pick things up from the 90s" simulator.

i do love how the things journalists hold up as the exemplars of their medium as art have little to no gameplay though.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

most videogame journalists strike me as people that are now middle-aged and realized they're tired of videogames. go figure all they want to talk about is indie games that take an hour to finish tops because then they can write something that isn't just a copy-paste of a press release and feel like real critics. sadly they've spent the last 20 years doing nothing of import so anything they might have learned in university has faded away and you end up with a bunch of really poorly written opinion pieces about some nonsense.

basically what im saying is we should murder and eat all video game people

only dan ryckert will remain

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Which, actually, raises the question--why HASN'T Twitter said anything about this? Why has nobody reported any of these harassment things to twitter, who has the power to ban users. Wouldn't that be a logical step, if you feel blocking hate speech wasn't sufficient?

most of the actual harassment is coming from people making throwaway accounts to troll them, and twitter makes it real easy to make accounts. chances are the people who sent those original death threats just made throwaways at a public computer and fired the posts off after looking up their addresses online. the one @ anita was a throwaway and lol if they didn't cover their tracks. they might not even care about any of this and just saw a chance for an easy laugh.

also twitters a website where terrorists post about murdering civilians and poo poo, i dont think anyone is ever gonna try and moderate the shitstorm that is that website more than they have to.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Moldy Taxes posted:

why is it called "male-to-female"? why not "female-to-male"?

I'm getting triggered just thinking about it

master and slave drive

are the slaves woman? black? you get to decide

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i dont think mario would even want to associate with you guys

luigi though, luigi would be disappointed

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i read a Japanese article about this today that referred to depression quest as a book and i got a good laugh out of that. otherwise it was just a translation of an article from the English press translated. none of the big Japanese news sites seem to give a poo poo tho which is real disappointing, wanted to read those comments.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Al Borland posted:

This dude is unnerved by the manly characters in jojo I dunno man. Anyone who doesnt think the pillarman are the poo poo and embrace their nudley nudeness bodies is kinda eh.

dude sounds like he cant handle an empowered man expressing his sexuality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

CCrew posted:

Holy poo poo 384 pages? At this point you guys are more obsessed with this than the weird nerds who reaction sent death threats.

lol i dont think you fully appreciate how invested twitter is in this

• Locked thread