Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
I assumed the interactive art instillation was free but it seems to cost actual money, how long can you draw it out if you didn't do the speedrunning?

edit; gone home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
SJWs have removed the word retarded from jontrons vocabulary

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
the woman is betraying her gender

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

rainy day posted:

have they instated a policy about not accepting gifts from video game publishers or running corporate advertisements or does kotaku's "objectivity" only extend to free text games and youtube rants no one gives a poo poo about.

the rule is not to fund devs, nothing about devs funding you

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

XK posted:

Nintendo is moving to cut them out just in time. One of the most recent major controversies was a recent Nintendo game (Tamadochi Life or something like that) didn't allow gay relationships, thus Nintendo is a homophobic company.

lmao i checked this out

quote:

Nintendo's statement comes after a fan started a social media campaign last month calling on Nintendo to allow same-sex relationship options in the game. The issue is particularly pressing, campaign creator Tye Marini says in the video below, because married characters have access to exclusive features like bigger houses and the ability to have a child

is there adoption in this game or does this guy want nintendo to pretend butt babies are a thing?

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I can't access Kotaku. Could I get a quote or tldr?

putting women in vidya games jsut to be murder as an indication that a character is bad is lazy and cliche, also bad because it's a real thing that happens.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Denim Dude posted:

People were talking about the cards against humanity dude earlier and there is a new gawker article today.

http://valleywag.gawker.com/cards-against-humanitys-accused-rapist-banned-from-tech-1627416634/+laceydonohue

i mean, obviously if he raped someone he deserves everything bad that happens to him but his accuser made a blog post and then disappeared forever. he will never be a convicted rapist, he will never be an acquitted rapist. for the rest of his life he will just be the accused rapist.

not sure how i feel about gawkers coverage considering kotaku thinks unsubstantiated personal poo poo shouldn't be shared

he should sue her like that bright eyes dude did

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

What kinda surprised me about that 47 second video is that the secret passage seemed like something I would have found pretty easily without a clue. Did he really have to turn on all those specific lights to get to the attic though or was he just having fun on his way there?

someone posted a video of someone else doing it and they didn't turn the light on

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

XK posted:

What does SA have to do with this exchange?

gen ironicus is the boring intellectual sidekick of lets play superstar chip cheezum

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Cycloneman posted:

Women get killed in real life just to show that a character is bad?

woman get killed irl and video games trivialize it

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Cycloneman posted:

I don't know if you know this, but men also get killed irl, and video games trivialize it.

I was just summarising what the article says for the guy, I don't care about video games at all just this drama

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

XK posted:

Who the gently caress is chip cheezum?

a something awful let's play person who is surprisingly good and played a 50 cent game

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

i'm curious about this too

quote:

Anita Sarkeesian: Faith from Mirror's Edge and Jade from Beyond Good and Evil are two of my all time favourite female characters. Both are featured as the heroic protagonists of their own games without being sexualized, objectified or otherwise reduced to their gender. I also really appreciate the fact that Chell is the star of the amazing Portal series even though she is a silent protagonist.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

a cop posted:

Oh my god. I just heard from someone personally involved that Zoe was attacked outside her apartment over all of this? Wtf?

i hhope she didnt lose her rent money again

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Biggie Shorty posted:

I've never watched an Anita Sarkeesian video I guess that's why I can be a booblover and post on the internet without foaming at the mouth. Maybe more people should subscribe to my way of life?

anita is p.attractive imo and that makes me watch the videos, i mute them though

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Venusian Weasel posted:

Someone mentioned weird twitter was harrassing that 13 year old again. Anyone got screenshots?

it's dumb and boring https://twitter.com/Redzos10/with_replies

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

false flag, it's got the sign in poo poo, she obviously did it herself then logged out

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
video games should be more like wrestling and have likeable kawaii women like aj lee

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

FAROOQ posted:

Is a 13 year old seriously the final boss of twitter feminism?

The good part, besides Abe giving him a blowjob or whatever story we use now, is the kid seems to be growing more and more hostile to feminism as they harass him over nothing

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

gently caress the ROW posted:

the femenists are creating a new generation of MRA terrorists... smh they learning nothing from iraq or afghanistan

im going to smile when he does a Marc Lépine and then sell the story of a something awful moderator driving him to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Alexzandvar posted:

There was a podcast that a bunch of video game journalist critics were on, mainly Jontron and Totalbiscut yesterday. They pretty much just talked about how retarded it is that 100% of gaming journalism is just basically advertisement for video game companies or mountain dew/doritos.

jontron literally made a groveling apology on it for using the word retarded and promised not to do it again because SJWs were harassing him

• Locked thread