Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If Zoe reads this thread, she may get depressed again, which can mean Depression Quest 2 (AKA GotY 2015 according to all reviewers with a penis). Please, stop while there's still hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Zoe Quinn was an inside job!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0tkIx-DLCQ
:tinfoil:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

serious norman posted:

you're a moran

DiGinereates.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Contra Calculus posted:

So is Depression Quest pretty good?

I've actually tried it yesterday. Basically it's your regular interactive fiction text game, where you are presented with different choices that lead to different events. But in this game, you are sadbrains, so all choices look like that:

1) Make something productive (you're sad, so it's literally in red and struck out!)
2) Wallow in self-pity
3) Eat all the ice-cream
4) Cry
5) Stare blankly

Then I think you can actually start attending therapy sessions and take antidepressants, but I never made it to that part.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Contra Calculus posted:

Yeah, I mean serious-post for one second: I was actually diagnosed with major depression a while back and that really is a bit stupid to me that depressed people are reduced to being a useless piece of poo poo all day according to this game. I was still a functional human being that worked and went to school. I felt like poo poo, but I was still capable of being productive and getting stuff done.

I guess the takeaway is that therapy is good and you should get it which is true and it did help me but that's really basic advice that any idiot on the street can tell you at this point with modern-day psychiatry and medicine.

To be fair, in the game you have a day job and even do some stuff there, but you just can't concentrate and all, so it's hard. I mean, it does portray depression somewhat realistically, but as a game it's just boring. The only gimmick it has is that the more depressed you are, the fewer choices are available to you, but in many cases it makes it look like any sufficiently advanced depression is indistinguishable from laziness.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FAROOQ posted:

I mean... i just don't even... what?

e: retina screenshots.

4chan gave two thousand dollars to some charity event, where women are invited to pitch ideas for games, and whichever game wins in a vote will be developed with crowdfunding money, while all proceedings will go to charities and something like 8% for the idea ladies. Some people are mad because women aren't paid enough for their ideas. And also there is a very similar event that Zoe is behind. That's what I've heard.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dr. Video Games 0117 posted:

@DavidSGallant is also the creator of "I get this call every day", a simulator where you work in a call center. He developed this game while he was employed by the Canadian Government working in a call center, and was fired as a result due to feelings that it "potentially compromised the security of our clients".

I guess this got him a lot of cred in the indie games community, but I dont think he has worked on anything or with anyone since. A year after his firing, he has got I Get This Call Every Day HD greenlit on steam.

HD? What the gently caress? This game is literally made in MS Paint.

E: luckily, it was removed from Steam.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 23, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

slowbeef posted:

Yeah that one never happened.

But now you just have to weigh in. Please, make another Video Games Therapist video. Nerds will go mad.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
^^^ Only ironic rape is cool, grandad.

Tokamak posted:

Who knows, Renaud Bédard (Fez programmer) says Phil Fish's dropbox was hacked (which contained the server credentials). It doesn't mean Phil didn't do it, but he did so without telling anyone else.

I doubt he did it, even if his bipolar was really bad. Voluntarily releasing that information would ruin his business, friendships, and bring on a shitload of legal action from businesses such as Microsoft and Sony. To top it all off any potential employer googling his name would laugh him out the door. Its suicide, short of actually killing yourself.

Just remember that he's canceled a game over twitter drama.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nebelwerfer posted:

Hahaha what the gently caress

e: poo poo scrolling through all that poo poo I learned she has Patron up too for free money

wish I had a vagina :smith:

You can pretend to be a trans-woman. I remember an artsy game on newgrounds on that topic that have won a bunch of indie awards.

Fake edit: Here it is. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/591565

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Falsum posted:

Also google pictures of the author and you'll understand why he couldn't fit in women's clothing

Wow. I. I didn't know. How did they even manage to get a girlfriend?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Falsum posted:

Well, yeah, because even though game journalism is the big publishers' bitch, they bully smaller developers if they go against their agenda. See this: http://orogion.deviantart.com/journal/Save-the-Boob-plate-380891149

Divinity is a pretty good game by the way. Critically acclaimed, too.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

poptart_fairy posted:

has she done any game stuff other than depression quest

No.

By the way, I once made a fantasy text adventure game using our internal corporate survey system as an engine (see, my artistic vision was to underline the sharp contrast between grey, yet comfortable lives of corporate slaves and magical world filled with wonders, but also with dangers). I'm pretty much an indie game developer myself, I guess. With the exception that I still have a job.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just went and read a wiki article on Zoe to confirm she never made anything except Depression Quest.

"Wiki posted:

In addition to her own game development projects, Quinn is also known for creating the Game Developer Help List designed to bring experienced game developers and novice developers into contact with one another.

Lol, I wonder if she makes any money by being an 'experienced game developer'. People who post poo poo on newgrounds are literally more experienced.

E: oh, wait. Go to her site. She has all types of games there.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Ha-ha, one of the games Zoe did was, I kid you not, Realistic Relationship Sim.

http://www.beesgo.biz/dsim.html

Please, enjoy. I've already beat it, but still can't open the true ending where she cheats on her boyfriend with five guys.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Oh my God, she even makes another text adventure Pacman.
http://www.beesgo.biz/clone.html

Just seven years after someone did it before her!
http://www.pac-txt.com

My pro strategy for Zoe's version, by the way, is typing 'eat poo poo' as a command.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

juliuspringle posted:

How come that poo poo is always about men getting cucked? I demand equal rights for women to be cucked.

Zoe slept with a married guy, so his wife got cucked, too.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
4channers are stupid manchildren. Who would have thought.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Brannock posted:

I wonder why it isn't dirty tabloid bullshit for one single person to announce to the planet that max temkin allegedly raped a woman in college a decade ago, but it's dirty tabloid bullshit to expose that zoe quinn (by her own admission) repeatedly violated her boyfriend's consent and had unprotected sex with multiple people in a short time period (and chances are good they would not have consented to unprotected sex had they known the facts of what's going on)

She was depressed. This makes it fine.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Phil Fish raped my dog. I know because he was wearing a fez. I'm willing to sell interview rights for five bitcoins to whomever calls me first.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lol at the video about Roberta Williams. I'm sure lowtax and slowbeef have something to say about that leading lady of video gaming.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Brannock posted:

What's the story here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m1-rrmSyb4

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

horriblePencilist posted:

A guy on 4chan is investigating Rebel Jam. The plot thickens.

Jews did Zoe Quinn!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

But wait, isn't tumblr home for Omegaverse, a fanfic genre where all British men are literally gays with wolf dicks who knot each other until they are male-pregnant?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I hacked myself. Now I feel dirty.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 25, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

slowbeef posted:

"gently caress it, I don't want to be part of this" so I'm just watching.

You have chosen wisely.

E: also, loled reading comments to the Internet Aristocrate videos. People there are actually mad at SA and now consider anyone who doesn't buy into the conspiracy angle a goon.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 25, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Fat Lowtax posted:

Everyone who cares deeply about Zoe Quinn is basically the same exact sad pasty nerd irl

That's a very sharp observation, user Fat Lowtax.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

shinymodem posted:

Here's a game journalist who decided to mention it, and he's known for wearing a fedora, and he thinks everyone on both sides is dumb, the perfect storm of smug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz1FZpWHMgE

Starts around 11:30

Yahtzee is/was a goon, too. And is friends with SJW icon Jim Sterling. He is the embodiment of this controversy in all its contradictory glory.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Ughh. You stupid goons. Posting about things. What a stupid thing to do. Nothing in this world deserves enough care to post about on a forum. loving idiots.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
http://www.teachingbooks.net/pronounce.cgi?aid=11801
Zoe has a special message for you lot.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Are you ready goons?
Aye, aye, captain!
I can't hear you!
Aye, aye, captain!
Ooooooooooh...

Who's cheated on boyfriend for shining reviews?
Zoe Quinn Sadbrains!
Who always dyes hair magenta and blue!
Zoe Quinn Sadbrains!
If internet drama be something you wish!
Zoe Quinn Sadbrains!
Then login to twitter and whine like Phil Fish!
Zoe Quinn Sadbrains!

Zoe Quinn Sadbrains, Zoe Quinn Sadbrains, Zoe Quinn Sadbrains!

Zoe Quinn!
Sadbrains!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

cthulhoo posted:

This is some legit tumblr.txt material.

That's actually a valid concern, you know. :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME79khIM4FM&t=34s

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 25, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

big duck equals goose posted:

Lol. Please give us a synopsis. Wanna see that indie magic blow me away.

You literally play as a serial maniac, who kidnaps people and puts them into his BDSM cellar, where he tortures them to death only to make room for new victims.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Rad Tad posted:

sorry guys, but there's a real war going on and it's time for you wimps to pick a side

#TeamIceCubes

It's good to know that Kotaku is on the case. This cannot go unnoticed.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hayburner posted:

depression. aka the Sadness Disease.

Can depression be sexually transmitted?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
When will this pile of poo poo finally run out if steam? It has to at some point, right?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Guy who got owned hard by a furry.

A fate worse than death.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I don't have that article but I do have this

Any context for this?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

argondamn posted:

i just don't understand how she was a name before all this poo poo.

she's only made like one game and it was a lovely CYOA made in mspaint or some poo poo right?

She's made many games. All of them are complete tosh made in a week, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Fathis Munk posted:

Depression quest is still her flagship, and the only one she got any recognition for.

Until she releases that FMV game at least.

Lol. FMV is an even lazier way to create games than actually typing words into Twine.

• Locked thread