Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

InterceptorV8 posted:

http://youtu.be/C5-51PfwI3M

I guess there is a 25 minute video of the deal.

This guy's great. A Real Gamer's Watchdog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

lewtt posted:

i like the claims being thrown around that the "5th estate" internet journalism has been compromised just from this, like television and "old media" were decades ago. FOX NEWS = KOTAKU.

Everyone get the word out, internet journalism/blogging doesn't work anymore. Stop your twitter and facebook updates because you cannot be trusted to maintain objectivity and journalistic excellence when you tell your friends how your newborn baby likes doctor who.

I long for the halcyon days of unbiased gaming journalism as found in Nintendo Power, Xbox Magazine, and IGN sponsored by McGriddles.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I thought the debauchery of the oversexed Speed Running community was limited purely to their charity events. Now, the perverse harbinger of sexual vice has its clutches on Reddit.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
The Gaming Caliphate.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
GSIS (Gamer's State in Intellivision and Sega) made headlines today after beheading an anime pillow on Twitch livestream.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
It was Jeff Gerstman who hated McGriddles and went on to bury ET in the desert.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Why don't people use adblock? Jesus. Is this seriously what the Internet looks like without it?

McGriddles was from 2003, and I wish Goldberg would spear these dang MRA SJW PUA OAR W12 knuckleheads.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

horriblePencilist posted:

They gave Gone Home a 10/10 and The Wonderful 101 a 6/10

They also compared Spintires and Candybox to Dark Souls. Who needs journalism degrees!

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Alexzandvar posted:

It was him, or at least someone amazingly good at pretending to be him.

I love the ol' doobster as much as the next guy, but I have a feeling you might've been duped. Unless the person said "piled high" and "plum give out", in which case it was probably him.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

quote:

Lately, I feel like the word ‘gamer’ has become as loaded and (rightfully) reviled as the work ‘jock’ was in high school… and that makes me really hesitant to call myself a ‘gamer’ in public.

A dark day. We need someone to bring dignity back to gaming... A Gamer's Watchdog...

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I've said this a few times but I wish nerds got this heated over poo poo that actually mattered outside of their hobbies.

Revolutions are not started by people unable to feed their families, but by those unable to feed their inner need for boob plates.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Alexzandvar posted:

I wonder how many hearts it would break if people realized the only reason people support Anita is because she is a attractive woman.

I support her because she makes people mad. I am a twisted contrarian!!!!!!!!

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Fire Barrel posted:

Are gamers so loving stupid they can't figure out that there are valid ways to criticize and debate poo poo without sounding like uneducated, misogynistic shitheads?

The Sarkeesian Effect guys, at first, sought to include a game where you beat up Anita as a donation incentive.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

quote:

When I started gaming at the age of 3 years old I couldn't have imagined any of this. 27 years later I'm 30

I beg everyone: learn to write well. This is bloody bollocks, mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

This guy has nailed what "a dapper, unapologetic MALE" looks like. The cigarette, glass of "top shelf" brandy (on the rocks, which means "put ice in it"), bad jeans, at least two phone cases attached to his belt, and a glower only an anime villain could ever muster. This guy gets it and it isn't forced.

All he needs is a watch. I'm not gonna say pocket, because that's too easy. Maybe a Fossil.

judge reinhold fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Aug 29, 2014

• Locked thread