Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

a hole-y ghost posted:

also we hate that motherfucker and take every opportunity to poo poo on him

Which I don't really understand, because TotalBiscuit's OK with me and a lot of other people here.

I really wish journalism in general didn't suck so much, but if I can't have that I wish the gaming industry could be not as lovely as it is. And if I can't have THAT, then maybe can the gaming industry stop finding new ways to be lovely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Bitter Beard posted:

I had no idea this story could get any better! Then blam! Scorned women dropping bombs from out of nowhere.

Four hours ago never heard of Depression Game or this purple haired #HoeQuinn and now I feel like a total internet stalker.

I heard about it a little while back when there was a really lovely Game Jam she was a part of. It was a pretty hilarious mess that you should look up if you enjoy reading about nerds and disasters.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

rainy day posted:

Companies like EA buy press coverage and positive reviews but some chick hosed some dudes and made a free text adventure, time to poo poo our collective pants.

Well that's the thing. I don't think anybody's saying "But I thought the game's industry was reliable!?" or "drat, so much for Kotaku's journalistic integrity!" poo poo has been terrible for a long-rear end time, and this is just one of those things that jumps out and you can go "LOOK! LOOK AT THIS! THIS IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!" and hope against all hope that it might result in some kind of change.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

boom boom boom posted:

There hasn't bee a decent video game news website since Andrisang shut down

I kinda like GiantBomb because of how few fucks they give. Their E3 coverage was literally them just renting out a room and getting drunk with games industry people.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

boom boom boom posted:

Their review of Project Diva F was super ignorant.

Like I said, they give very few fucks.

They know the games industry and gaming journalism are poo poo and they just kind of embrace that and I can appreciate that for the time being because it translates into some fun videos.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fathis Munk posted:

That doxxing might be fake, but I'm pretty loving drat sure this is still and actual problem in these spheres cause gamers are loving terrible. No other way to put it.

And clearly, Zoe's doing a bang-up job at fixing those problems.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

no one, no one on this planet would care if the person who did this was a dude.

literally no one.

How directly are we copying this scenario with a dude in its place? Because I'd either still care, or I'd still really care (because holy poo poo that dude was pretending to be a chick and banged a bunch of dudes?!).

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

did someone just punch his mouth or is he having an allergic reaction

TotalBiscuit posted:

3 years ago during Gamescom, I had an allergic reaction at a Mexican restaurant and someone from Curse snapped a photo of me with my face and lips all blown up. You might as well enjoy it, it's the worst picture of me online and it's hilarious.

So there's the answer to that.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Al Borland posted:

was that the mountain dew doritos game jam where they kept trying to push the issue of women game designers making teams weaker?

No, this was a new thing. Someone wanted to make a game jam for women to get involved in and have all the proceeds go to charity, and Zoe got offended at the idea of making women work on games for free and doxxed her apparently.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Al Borland posted:

wow what an rear end in a top hat. Shes definitely hosed Fish.

It was in that video that was posted earlier. I posted an image of the post above now.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Randarkman posted:

i don't know, i guess i just think it doesn't really sound too much like a game.

still, wanking off into a phone to save "gaming culture" is much dumber.

She supposedly made that up. The story goes she lied about her harassment to gain attention for her game and help promote it on Steam Greenlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

are you insinuating Zoe hosed Robin Williams' corpse too?

No, that was YouTube superstar Tobuscus.

• Locked thread