Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

This should be a banner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

You could publish that story for any open world game

Dec 26, 2012

the slight difference is watchdogs lets you actively pull up a profile for anyone walking around so you can do it with slightly more intent

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Pewdiepie posted:

How is guild wars 2 even on this list?

lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Hoodrich posted:

Guild Wars 2 was the biggest piece of poo poo I ever palyed, worse than Dark Castle probably.

its not that bad. SWTOR is way worse.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
#1 should be BizHawk.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Also holy poo poo gaming magazines still exist apparently.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I don't see what League of Legends has to do with Guild Wars 2 getting on that list.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Sky "we literally gave up on ever making a complete game" rim is #2

lol

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Warcraft: Orcs & Humans

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Heh PC gamer apparently advocated for private servers to play WoW because the live servers suck.

Dude got into trouble because he emailed a guide to people on who to contact and how to go around setting up your personal server.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I am simply livid that gaming journalist magazines are loving bad and say dumb things

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
LATEST UK SOFTWARE CHARTS

TOP 20 PC ENTERTAINMENT (FULL PRICE), WEEK ENDING 16 August 2014

pre:
LW

TW	 	 	Title	Developer	Label	Publisher
1		1	 	 	THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE	ZENIMAX ONLINE	BETHESDA SOFTWORKS	BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
2		2	 	 	THE SIMS 3: STARTER BUNDLE	THE SIMS STUDIO	EA GAMES	ELECTRONIC ARTS
4		3	 	 	DIABLO III: REAPER OF SOULS	BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT	BLIZZARD	ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
3		4	 	 	BATTLEFIELD 4	DIGITAL ILLUSIONS	EA GAMES	ELECTRONIC ARTS
6		5	 	 	ROME: TOTAL WAR II	CREATIVE ASSEMBLY	SEGA	SEGA
5		6	 	 	WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER	MACHINEGAMES	BETHESDA SOFTWORKS	BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
7		7	 	 	WILDSTAR	CARBINE STUDIOS	NCSOFT EUROPE	NCSOFT EUROPE
12		8	 	 	SNIPER ELITE 3	REBELLION	SOLD OUT SALES & MARKETING	SOLD OUT SALES & MARKETING
11		9	 	 	EURO TRUCK SIMULATOR 2: SPECIAL EDITION	SCS SOFTWARE	EXCALIBUR PUBLISHING	EXCALIBUR PUBLISHING
18		10	 	 	THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM - LEGENDARY	BETHESDA	BETHESDA SOFTWORKS	BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
9		11	 	 	WATCH DOGS	UBISOFT (MONTREAL)	UBISOFT	UBISOFT
17		12	 	 	TITANFALL	RESPAWN ENTERTAINMENT	EA GAMES	ELECTRONIC ARTS
15		13	 	 	THE ELDER SCROLLS: ANTHOLOGY	BETHESDA	BETHESDA SOFTWORKS	BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
8		14	 	 	DIABLO III	BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT	BLIZZARD	ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
14		15	 	 	ROCKSMITH 2014 EDITION	UBISOFT (SAN FRANCISCO)	UBISOFT	UBISOFT
10		16	 	 	TROPICO 5	HAEMIMONT GAMES	KALYPSO MEDIA	KALYPSO MEDIA
13		17	 	 	BROKEN SWORD 5: THE SERPENT'S CURSE	REVOLUTION	DEEP SILVER	KOCH MEDIA
-		18	 	 	PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFARE	POPCAP GAMES	EA GAMES	ELECTRONIC ARTS
-		19	 	 	MURDERED: SOUL SUSPECT	AIRTIGHT GAMES	SQUARE ENIX	SQUARE ENIX EUROPE
19		20	 	 	GRID AUTOSPORT	CODEMASTERS	CODEMASTERS	CODEMASTERS

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
the results are in guys. eso is the best game

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
pipping sims 3 starter bundle to the post of #1 pc game in the uk (full price)

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
That's epic

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Borsche69 posted:

its not that bad. SWTOR is way worse.

I never played it but why did SWTOR suck? It seemed like a relatovely not poo poo mmo.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Wildstar is #7, we should have not helped these people in WW2.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Destroy all MMORPG players this very instant.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I never played it but why did SWTOR suck? It seemed like a relatovely not poo poo mmo.

dumb bioware rpg story sandwiched between long stretches of mmo fetch and kill quests use ur critical thinking skills here gamer

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Good points: fully voiced MMO, including the player character; a good plot (by MMO standards with the baseline of "no plot at all" ((for two of the 8 player classes)))

Bad points: everything else

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
#2 Skyrim

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
The fact that any Bioshock or Mass Effect games were in that list at all should have tipped you off that an unpaid intern made that list.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Contra Calculus posted:

The fact that any Bioshock or Mass Effect games were in that list at all should have tipped you off that an unpaid intern made that list.

yeah the crack team of paid pc gamer writers would have made the right choices re: evaluating good games

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Mung Dynasty posted:

yeah the crack team of paid pc gamer writers would have made the right choices re: evaluating good games

No such thing. They're all unpaid interns.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i figured those games were on that list precisely because the right people got paid

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
deus ex was one a while back so somehow they did manage to get it right before

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
lol at mass effect 2 being the best game ever. its not even the best mass effect

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
they ranked dayz, the zombie game where the developers have had more than 8 months to figure out the difference between zombies and ghosts yet haven't quite been able to pull that off, ahead of brood war, morrowind, and diablo 2. nice

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
They placed several unfinished games on that list too, including DayZ and Starbound.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Hoodrich posted:

Guild Wars 2 was the biggest piece of poo poo I ever palyed, worse than Dark Castle probably.

Guild Wars 2 is amazing simply for the fact that you can come back to it after months and months of patches and absolutely nothing about it actually changed.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I can't even pretend to care about top x games lists any more.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Hoodrich posted:

dark castle is epic its just the avgn played the lovely console port cuz hes a casual tard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Ragg posted:

I can't even pretend to care about top x games lists any more.

• Locked thread