Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
If you aint followng car 79 at the WRC this weekend, you suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Slow is Fast posted:

So how'd it go, facebook says it wasnt good for the motor

Finished. But motor may have cracked a piston

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Group N, EJ207 is the legal motor. Absolutly can not run anything non Subaru but at least that's the toughest engine combo allowed for and I think also allows for forged pistons.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I thought the EJ207 already had forged pistons, unless I'm out to lunch.

I believe it does but My memory on the engines isnt current.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

There's going to be some motor rebuild commentary soon. And gearbox rebuild and driveshaft and sump guard and.....

Basically rebuild every car.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Kaptain Ballistik just bought a loving EVO 8. So now we have under several garages a RX2 Series 1 coupe, a RX2 sedan, a VR4, four Subarus, two Commodores, one RX7, A Ducati and now a EVO 8.

Did that sound just as bad to anyone else as it did to me?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

You Am I posted:

You're living the dream. All you need is a Falcon Turbo to go in there to finish off the line up.

Wouldnt mind one TBH. Good cars. A Typhoon would be cool as hell.

Amazingly on that list of cars only three are not working - The STI is getting a new engine, one WRX is partially disassembled and gathering dust and the RX2 coupe is a bodyshell and it's parts in boxes. The rest are all road worthy.

The EVO apparently has the problems of a 320ishKW ATW modded beast so it was obtained stupidly cheap. Basically needs a rear diff and to find out why it wont get boost. Also apparently is on E85 and is juuuuust waiting for me to give it a go around a racetrack.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Left Ventricle posted:

Buddha on a bicycle. What all has been done to get to that level?

Turbo, cams, E85 and supporting mods, exhaust etc. I'm fairly keen to have a drive and see what it's like.

quote:

Selling the RX2 coupe soon?

Do you want to buy it? Some assembly required.

(Serious question, it actually is for sale)

quote:

Ha Ha. I was going to write "But yeah, how many are running?"

TBH I was rather taken aback when I counted them off and then did a list of "What do these cars need to drive?" list. The RX7 and the working RX2 are literally only started every couple of months due to the fact there's so many other working cars.

What makes it better is that ONLY the RX7, one WRX and the RX2 coupe are unregistered and there is nothing stopping the RX7 from being registered, it's just literally too many other options. Father Vogon has been trying to get me to take it out to a few track days - probably wouldnt be too bad either now, it's got a fairly well worked 13B just waiting to rip.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

So now I know more about the EVO - 273 cams, adjustible cam gears, 1000cc injectors, E85 supporting mods, TOMMEI exhaust etc. Ran 11.7 on street tyres, full interior, upgraded brakes. Stupid cheap.

The bad - well of course there is with stupid cheap price. Compression down in cyl 2 and 4. We got some work to do but eh..... even with a new engine we can still flip it for a tidy profit. There WILL be a trck day before it's sold off tho.... I REALLY want to give this thing a go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

EVO 8 MR, carbon fibre rear wing, 6 speed, titanium twin scroll spinny boosty thing, handles a load better than I remembered a EVO doing.

When's the next track day?

• Locked thread