Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Share your stories here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
wow. much perseverance. such gaming spirit

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Throw dirt on me and grow a wildflower
But it's "gently caress the world", get a child out her
Yeah, my life a bitch, but you know nothing bout her
Been to hell and back, I can show you vouchers
I'm rolling Sweets, I'm smoking sour
Married to the game but she broke her vows

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I am still attempting to complete a hard game this month.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Im gay

Fellis fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 21, 2014

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
I was playing the plants vs zombies trial and some kid was hot-micing and it sounded like he got mauled by his dogs then he d/c'd

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm piss broke but I keep buying and playing video games and built a PC to do so and even have some platinum trophies on ps3. Now that's dedication!

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

BoredDG posted:

I am still attempting to complete a hard game this month.

gently caress, I keep forgetting about that.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
i keep posting / maybe you should stop / etc

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Sometimes when I'm gaming i'll be in a really important part but suddenly get hit with the runs

but I power through. My raid needs me

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I been gaming all my life i don't need to prove myself by telling stories my k/d ratio does all the talking for me.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I made it through that 20 minute death scene in Eternal Sonata. Come at me Bro

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

gamer tats are the ultimate in gamer dedication

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
what about that guy who dismembered somebody for selling his lineage sword

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

a man we could all learn from

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

anyone know if that old goon story about joining some project/scam in eve online to acquire this massive ship that took months to complete and then masterfully stealing it from his partners in cybercrime is true

i wish i could remember details but it's been years

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sombrerotron posted:

anyone know if that old goon story about joining some project/scam in eve online to acquire this massive ship that took months to complete and then masterfully stealing it from his partners in cybercrime is true

i wish i could remember details but it's been years

There are a bunch of stories like that which are probably true and probably why other people think That could be me and try playing one of the most objectively tedious and time-gated games of all time.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
This is true goon dedication
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3610831

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Seshoho Cian posted:

gamer tats are the ultimate in gamer dedication

epic

A Nice Big Dinner
Feb 17, 2006

the best part was when he was all like "i showed this thread to my wife and she said that none of this is true"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

obese retard posted:

the best part was when he was all like "i showed this thread to my wife and she said that none of this is true"

No the best part was that he nuked his account here but then re-regged so he could argue with people via proxy on messaging services.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

No the best part was that he nuked his account here but then re-regged so he could argue with people via proxy on messaging services.

I think that the best part is that now, 6 months later, he has not scaled back playing WoW at all, despite the ridicule he endured for gaming too hard.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
but at least the dogs are no longer holding back his gains

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

No Such Thing posted:

I think that the best part is that now, 6 months later, he has not scaled back playing WoW at all, despite the ridicule he endured for gaming too hard.

I wonder if it's going to be like the hardcore Everquest guys when the game becomes desolate and they join a private server. Loot and vanity items become way easier to get and they no longer have their epeen because nobody gives a poo poo and they either wind up dead, addicted to drugs/alcohol, in financial ruin because they have no life skills and have multiple divources, or in jail.

It's honestly funny how little people get mad about wipes and poo poo when they can do raids whenever they want. You don't even need DKP systems.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Aug 22, 2014

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I killed ragnaros and illidan stormrage.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ragg posted:

I killed ragnaros and illidan stormrage.

This, but I also killed Arthas and Kil Jaedans arm.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHryq33G8oI

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

I wonder if it's going to be like the hardcore Everquest guys when the game becomes desolate and they join a private server. Loot and vanity items become way easier to get and they no longer have their epeen because nobody gives a poo poo and they either wind up dead, addicted to drugs/alcohol, in financial ruin because they have no life skills and have multiple divources, or in jail.

It's honestly funny how little people get mad about wipes and poo poo when they can do raids whenever they want. You don't even need DKP systems.

We're talking about World of Warcraft here, it's not going to end until Blizzard says it ends, and even then, they will introduce a sparkly new treadmill for everyone to transfer to.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Standard length civ 5 games in one sitting

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Rolling One Million Roses in We Love Katamari.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

Rolling One Million Roses in We Love Katamari.

this power

its unreal

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

bef posted:

Standard length civ 5 games in one sitting

not marathon? pussy

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

when i was in middle school my family left for the weekend and i spent the entire time doing diablo 2 bloody foothills runs in my underwear with no sleep

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Vargs posted:

when i was in middle school my family left for the weekend and i spent the entire time doing diablo 2 bloody foothills runs in my underwear with no sleep

The summer D2 came out, I would wake up at 6am, use the bathroom, grab a bannana while running to my computer, and play D2 until I went to bed around midnight. Every day for three months.

E: Except my birthday, I ate dinner and didn't play D2 after dinner that night.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
has anyone here conquyored the whole map in mountain blade

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

My wife was giving birth but I stayed at home so I could raid with my wow guild

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

My dad was dying in hospital but I said I'll see him later as I was waiting for the servers to open for the new WoW expansion

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
I died five years ago and am now forced to roam this mortal plain as an apparition until I beat James Pond II: Codename Robocod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Snackula posted:

I died five years ago and am now forced to roam this mortal plain as an apparition until I beat James Pond II: Codename Robocod.

I'm jealous

• Locked thread