Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

fancyclown posted:

Are you gonna hedge? I can't decide.

I think I will wait a little longer. Djokovic looks vulnerable on his serve right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Watching the junior match on usopen.com. It's funny the gigantic difference in play quality.

They also have some weird dj for the breaks.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I was sure he would be dead from his last two matches. Please keep it up.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Nishikori seems to have trouble holding a lead, it's like he needs to dig himself into a hole first before he can find his best game. If he wins this he'll probably end up doing it in five, I can't imagine him not getting broken in this set (but would love to be proven wrong).

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
Nishikori looks like he's just going to cruise into the final at this point...provided they manage to play two more games before the rain hits.

Edit: Unless he only needs one game

OrangeKing fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Sep 6, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jeez, Nishikori sure looks like he can close it out

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Holy poo poo

e: I reiterate: HOLY poo poo

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

:dance:

Not bad for a guy who lost to loving Dan Evans :britain: last year in the first round.

e: Kei beat the reigning Aus Open and Wimbledon champions.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 6, 2014

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
Wow.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
holy shitttttttt

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Way to go Kei! :japan:

ssbbud
Jan 2, 2014
:drat: He did it!

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Blimey!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Nishikori owns

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
It's going to be 8 different winners in 2014's slams.

Aus: Wawrinka & Li
RG: Nadal & Sharapova
Wim: Djokovic & Kvitova

Kei vs Federer/Cilic

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
As much as I love Nishi (after never hearing of him before some how :negativeman: ) but I want another Feds Slam. Feds is the best :swiss:

edit: :feds:
edit2: why is there no swiss/feds flag (at least that i can find right now). :denmark: in-verse i guess is closest.

sleep time til Roger Time. Please don't choke if sleep throug. night shift tonight in 5hours

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
It's raining. :frogout:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I only got to listen to Djoker/Kei on radio, so I'm watching the match now since you can skip back on the USOpen.org stream. It'll be interested to hear the commentators' bias knowing the outcome.

Also: Congrats on #18, Roger Federer

edit: CBS stream also lets me seek back. That's going to be even MORE biased. :getin:

edit2: ODDS…

Djokovic to win 1.13

Nishikori to win 8.4

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 6, 2014

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Hirez posted:

As much as I love Nishi (after never hearing of him before some how :negativeman: )

Nishikori has had terrible injury problems which meant he wasn't hyped up as Raonic or Dimitrov. He's made out of glass and a lot of people will see this win as a miracle after two five set matches.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Intruder posted:

Nishikori owns

also:
uniqlo getting some good value out of their sponsorship dollars today

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Watching the parade of custodians drying the court on Ashe is kind of hypnotizing.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

lol

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cilic/Federer has started!

Also Martina Navratilova just got engaged:

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
C'mon Roger!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Fed off to another great start

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Nooo, not Roger!

Federer is getting nothing on Cilic's serve :ohdear:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Congrats on #1, Cilic/Nishikori

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

"Monsters are dangerous and, just now, kings are dying like flies."

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Cilic can't keep this level for a whole match right? :pray:

EDIT Finally Fed makes Cilic run a bit. Time to get the break back!

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 6, 2014

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I have always been behind Federer in the battles among the top guys, but I'm surprisingly finding myself pulling for the underdogs against him. Obnoxious crowd over-cheering unforced errors doesn't help either.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

He's still Fed, he's got an aura about him but I don't think Cilic is going to pull a Monfils-level choke

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cilic is absolutely destroying the ball with his groundstrokes. He's like Delpo with better movement.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Any rain coming? Roger needs a break I think :unsmith: and Cilic needs to cool down.

Karmalaa70
Jun 15, 2006
Federer seems to catch guys in god-mode quite a bit in recent years.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Man Federer always seems to go away from the slice when he plays big hitters. He seems to want to try and challenge them with topspin backhands all the time and that just seems dumb. I mean Federer knows better than I ever will how to beat these guys but it always makes me question him.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
This is completely routine for Cilic so far. Federer's terrible. I wonder if he's feeling more pressure now that Djokovic's lost and the title is ostensibly his for the taking.

Mandoira
Jul 27, 2003

There are four kinds of Homicide: felonious, excusable, justifiable, and praiseworthy.
Roger :(

Maybe he's just making it dramatic and will wake up in the 3rd set.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Part of me wants Fed to win, only to lose to Nishikori in the final. Can you imagine going through the 1, 2, 3, and 5 seeds for your first major? :stare:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Cilic is a huge choker so there is still a way through for Federer... but the match is going fast and something big needs to happen for a momentum change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

Sodium Chloride posted:

Cilic is a huge choker so there is still a way through for Federer... but the match is going fast and something big needs to happen for a momentum change.

That's what I'm thinking. Cilic can't keep this up. But Federer needs to change that shirt.

EDIT changing shirt. To another blue/green one though.

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 6, 2014

• Locked thread