Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do like when a licensed game can actually draw from the licensed title. Astro Boy probably has it a lot easier just because of that massive pile of Tezuka in the intro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, the opener really does a lot to sell the scale of Metro City. Are there any, like, plants or gardens, or are they all facsimiles?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, look at Astro, getting accused like a dude on Detective Island.

No, seriously, this place is melting planes and we've run into at least four heroes of justice?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I liked that all the heroes of justice piled on at the end.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That was a pretty sweet boss fight. They're really setting Atlas up as some kind of Astro 2.0.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It is pretty interesting that you've got to find out secrets about... well, I hesitate to say all of the major virtues, but the duke and his daughter make a neat pair.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...timejacked by chronal slavers from an ancient civilization.

That certainly is a thing that just happened.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, good luck getting back on track, and Rock's destiny here feels kind of... I don't know. Is that what he did in the movie, because he kind of makes sense as a man from an earlier time.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Always happy to chip in one post against oblivion.

Seriously, though, it's pretty perfect that the gimmick of a game that is 100% Tezuka hinges around EVEN MORE TEZUKA.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yes, excellent choice of character to return on. Good luck shaking off the LP malaise and putting a pin in this.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So is the implication that Drake was always doing this but Astro was too naive to notice before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Good lord that is jarring to read with Tezuka's art style. I imagine it wasn't quite so bad at the time since the style hadn't been iterated on by so many other people?

• Locked thread