Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I'm a super lurker, but allow me to pitch in against letting this great lp fall into the archives.

I think I read like one chapter of Astro Boy, before accidentally reading Pluto without knowing it was an Astro Boy retelling. It was still fantastic. Now days, I'm a pretty big fan of Tezuka's works and enjoy each one that I come across.

It's pretty fun to discuss Tezuka's stories in the time period that they came out in. There were pretty strange and now archaic to us ideas in his stories that reflected pretty much what nost people (and scientists at the time!), but I'm still pretty impressed by how Tezuka's themes seem pretty modern and progressive despite everything he was surrounded by. I'm more familiar with Black Jack than I am with Astro Boy, but it's still super nice to have such informative posts about Astro Boy lore and still see how progressive the messages that Tezuka presents along with the hard challenges that his stories took on that still sound out even decades later.

Loving this LP, and just wanna say it's an enjoyable read/watch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Sometimes life happens, so it's ok. Take your time. ;)

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
The effort and love put into this LP is what makes it special. You rock, Gamwhiz1.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Praise be :worship:

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I already read Tezuka's The Book of Human Insects and I got wrecked pretty hard by it. I wasn't going to read Alabaster anytime soon because I was expecting a similar reaction, but that makes me appreciate the really good overview you wrote even more so that way I can know what I'm going to get into.

Section Z posted:

It would probably have been a shorter series if reliant entirely on punches :downs:

Then it would cross territory with Ashita no Joe, another famously influential manga and anime. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
You are approaching a Tezuka level of quality, and that is why it's multiple years. This is your Phoenix.

• Locked thread