Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Choco1980 posted:

Well I want to keep to the spoiler policy of the LP, but I'll give you a hint--it's a non-human character.
Given that Magma and Rococo have already been found (and I'm pretty sure I found both of those by complete accident my first playthrough of the game) I think I have a pretty good idea of which character you're referring to.

Excellent game, this. Among Treasure's best, I'd have to say. For once they manage shooter stages that aren't terrible (the two shmup stages that appear in Gunstar Super Heroes are complete trash, seriously. Shame 'cause the rest of that game is good).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Choco1980 posted:

The character I needed a faq to find later is also high up in their level, but not in one with high gravity to allow for the automatic screen scroll giveaway :argh:
Oh yeah, definitely the one I was suspecting you were talking about. I have no idea how I actually found that one myself, but I'm reasonably sure I didn't check a FAQ. Definitely one of the hardest to find.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Don Dracula was another one of those I found, if I remember correctly, by complete accident my first time through the game.

Also, oh man, the plot from here on out. It's kicked into high gear and will not stop until the very end of the game.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Part of me wants to remember that you can hit North by punching to summon a palm, then dash through him and hit him on the other side... or maybe that's just what I always tried doing and it never actually worked.

Also now that we have Pluto here, people should go read Naoki Urusawa's Pluto. It's basically a perspective flip of the original World's Strongest Robots story (that I, uh, haven't actually read), with a few elements from other Astro Boy stories, and absolutely fantastic. Also sad. Seriously worth the read.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Checking the Japanese Wikipedia page for the game, in the Japanese version he was straight up named モンブラン/Montblanc.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Another Japanese Wikipedia check, and Epsilon is indeed refered to as female there. So, uh. That makes even less sense than the Montblanc -> Brontus thing, really...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I might mention that I've been posting Pluto over in the Cool Crew Chat Central webcomic thread. Well, actually, MissEchelon started posting it and I resumed it when she dropped it. So if anyone hasn't read it yet, here's your chance! MissEchelon's posts starts here and mine here.

Also glad to see this LP returning.

• Locked thread