Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Hells yes! This is, hands down, the best Astro Boy tie in I've seen (although the anime series that tied into this comes a close second, despite its flaws). I will be watching (and reading) the heck out of this, and it's good to see it covered!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Man, I didn't realise how much I missed the 2003 dub acting until the Tenma segment. I also can see the mashup, although I'm less fond of it for this level because... Well, Tokugawa was an rear end in a top hat in the 2003 manga. One who learns the error of his ways, sure, but... Well, I'm sure you'll get into it when the time's right!

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

I remember when I first saw a Let's Play of this game, and... Hoo-boy, I wasn't so happy about the fakeout! But on consideration, it is clever, and fits with the themes. I'm pretty confident you'll be explaining that as we go along, so I'll avoid spoilers through silence. :)

It's definitely one of the earlier examples of a game with a "Do things differently at certain points to get the different ending" mechanic, although there are a few others. The most notable of these would be the first Siren game, where this was a core part of the NG+ gameplay (And the changes could be as little as opening a window, or rather more far reaching)

Still enjoying the episodes and explanations of references, can't wait to see (again) what changes we make to history!

• Locked thread