Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

This is a fantastic LP for a fantastic game. I've read a lot about Tezuka and experienced some of his works but I still find myself surprised at the sheer breadth of it all, truly the man loved what he did. I didn't know about W3, it sounds like a surprisingly dark premise for a children's cartoon with talking animals.

I am looking forward to being surprised again in future updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I thought Treasure's Seven Forces were just them trying to be cute referencing just the name but no, they are the very same concept. Oh Treasure, you are true to your name. :allears:

This game looks so fun and made with so much passion for the subject matter that I want to go ahead and play it. But I am also enjoying your very thorough updates quite a bit, so I shall resist!

GimmickMan fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 11, 2014

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Ah, Megaman Astro meets Bass Atlas at last. Their relationship is a bit of a cliche, but it is a cliche I am rather fond of. The kickass boss fight helps too!

On another note, I can't read the name "Jetter Mars" without thinking of "Getter Robo"... But other than a few visual similarities, Getter doesn't seem to reference Jetter much.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Let's Play Astro Boy: Omega Factor - An Edutainment LP about Edutainment Anime.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Rock didn't think his cunning plan all the way through, didn't he? And the latest twist is... Well, it is something alright. I wonder if that's the W3 that just showed up or someone else. I like where this is going.

Good to see this LP back.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I like that there's different takes on the same characters so you can switch between them through the course of the game. It is a pretty cool take on the Star System concept.

Speaking of which... Wow, Rock is grim. :stare:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I just finished reading Pluto and it is every bit as gripping as the urasawadumps tezukadumps say it is.

Also wow, that is a curveball that this game throws at you if I've ever seen one. I simply must play this game now. :kheldragar:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Agreed, this is a neat game but the added content is just as if not more interesting.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I'm gonna do it.

I'm gonna read all of Hi no Tori.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

It's even more fitting considering he's redoing all the videos! Because just picking back up where he left off clearly wasn't enough work already.

Thanks for the summary. The refresher is helpful given I played this right before the hiatus.

Also, I'm six chapters into Phoenix. Can confirm: It is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Of course the Zero Saber is actually from Astroboy too. :allears: I've reached the point where I basically expect to learn a new thing that other people ripped off from Tezuka's works each update.

Its been years and I'm still vowed that this little 2d action game needs a NG+ in order to finish the story. It's more ambitious than many JRPGs with a script that is like 1% as long.

• Locked thread