Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Gamwhiz1 posted:

Another main part of Astro’s persona is his plethora of super powers, referred to in the character list as his “seven forces”. These powers have changed a bit over the years; a complete list is as follows:

Hmmmm... It's a Treasure game... Seven Forces... Seven Force...

Whoa. My mind is blown.

Seriously though, I still have my cartridge of this and love this game. The gameplay is fluid and a lot of fun, the storyline is great and works with the key game mechanic that I won't spoil, and the references to characters from Tezuka's other works are all done well and never seem out of place. It's just a really well done game and I'm looking forward to seeing you play through it.

Also, it may be just me but I always felt that the machine guns weren't that great. The other specials seemed far more useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

My only real complaint about the game is that a few of the hidden characters ala Alejo here are pretty obtuse in their hiding spots. I only had to refer to gamefaqs for one of them though, and I felt cheap and like I cheated that I had to. I'll point who out when we get there in a long time.

I do remember one particular character that I found completely at random by jumping and using the arm cannon at a specific time and it just so happened to make them appear. Had I not, I'd probably have never found them.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Gamwhiz1 posted:

They go down fairly easily, and the lift ride down only lasts as long as the enemies that guard it, but do try to go wild on the way down – a certain someone’s tucked away rather discretely, and while you’ll more than likely find him by kicking the enemies around or throwing out a random arm cannon, it never hurts to be careful.

GAH. What are you doing back there Magma, you are terrifying.
Aaaaaannnnnd there he is. I'd be willing to bet this was the guy Choco was referring to as well. I got him the first time I ever played this stage, but every time after that, I couldn't find him until I looked up where he was online.

Also, Seven Force is one of the greatest bosses ever.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, that was the one I mentioned finding entirely by accident, and having a lot of trouble finding later. There's one however I never found until after I had fully beaten the game that will pop up much later on in the LP that I had to use a FAQ for. :argh:

I think anyone who plays this game will have that problem. As for the other character, this is going to be making me think about who it could be all day. I can think of four characters that can be missed, but only two of them appear later in the game.

Gam, can you possibly do the entire game and screenshot post it all while still doing all those great posts about all the individual characters by tomorrow so I don't have to think about this too long? The game isn't that long, now is it?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

I got Rococo, Circe and Mars on my first playthrough, but in the case of the first two, they make them fairly telegraphed that there's something there out of your way. Mars, I only found because I jumped and the low gravity made the screen start to scroll upwards. The character I needed a faq to find later is also high up in their level, but not in one with high gravity to allow for the automatic screen scroll giveaway :argh:

KennyMan666 posted:

Oh yeah, definitely the one I was suspecting you were talking about. I have no idea how I actually found that one myself, but I'm reasonably sure I didn't check a FAQ. Definitely one of the hardest to find.

Yeah, I think I know the one you guys are referring to now.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

If only you had some way to travel through time to get everything done quickly... :downs:

We could look into converting the Channel Tunnel to do it.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Gamwhiz1 posted:

Also I really REALLY want to have this whole thing done by the end of august. At a rate of 1 lp a year, I'll be worth 1/300th of a Pewdiepie by the time I die, assuming nothing goes wrong!

Yes, but you're actually a likeable person, so who is the real winner?

...It's him, isn't it? I hate this planet sometimes.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Now the game gets fun.

Also, Death Mask scared the crap out of me too. The music for that whole scene is amazing too.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
My exposure to Pluto is really only this game. I vaguely remember him from the 2003 series which I need to watch again at some point, but I never realised how much of a dick he was.

In the game, he seems like the stoic warrior type who is fighting for what he feels is a just cause, and outside of battle is the gentle giant. In reality, he's an arse. If he had been like that in the game, I would have put money on him having a final move where he grabs Zoran and holds her up as a shield, and if you hit her once, she goes down, Astro gets upset and shocked that he hurt his sister, and Pluto gives you some mega death blow which is a one hit kill.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I also got around to reading (and finishing) the Pluto manga, and I really enjoyed it. There's some really dark stuff in it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I really enjoy what you've done so far, but life always comes first. Do what you've got to do, and don't worry about this thread for now.

• Locked thread