Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragoat
Mar 21, 2012

YOU STOP THAT
I've played a ton of Nitronic Rush, to the point where I was only capable of beating my shortest times by a matter of milliseconds. Definitely a fantastic game that anyone interested in Distance should try out. Distance itself feels pretty much like a better Nitronic Rush in every way.

As for emphasis on tricks, while they're maybe not absolutely necessary in either game, to get the best time you need to be boosting whenever possible, and in order to do that you need to be doing tricks. However so far checkpoints (free 100% cooldown gates) have felt closer together in Distance. I personally am not a fan of this, because it does make tricks less important but you may prefer it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragoat
Mar 21, 2012

YOU STOP THAT
My biggest complaint so far is that flying really isn't that fun. It feels cumbersome and clunky, and making the car auto-rotate towards surfaces is more annoying than it is useful. You also really lose the sense of speed that you get when on the ground, which is partially because flying actually is a lot slower. In a game about speed and sweet tricks it just feels out of place. Fortunately it's not even like 15% of all levels so it's easy to look past. Unless they tweak it substantially though I'll probably be avoiding most levels that include flying.

Otherwise the beta has been amazing so far. I was actually blown away by how great it looks and feels when I started playing the "campaign".

• Locked thread