Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
gamers.txt isn't funny or fun, it's just terrible

let fiwer do his thing, there's no point in moving it here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

pretty sure it just got mentioned in Nite Crew

Thread is full of anime avatars what did you expect?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dec 26, 2012

Mung Dynasty posted:

has anyone said gamers.txt yet because they managed to take something potentially funny like nerd pokemon self insert waifu fan fiction into endless wanking about the same unfunny bullshit over and over

its problematic

its not worth doing it to a thread that constantly eats its own anyway

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Mung Dynasty posted:

has anyone said gamers.txt yet because they managed to take something potentially funny like nerd pokemon self insert waifu fan fiction into endless wanking about the same unfunny bullshit over and over

its problematic

kidnap it to the gas chamber, if anything

I just checked the New Vegas modding thread, and those guys are weird. I'm not sure what's going on in there.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

heeehehe which thread is is going to be

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im going to make a Real Post and say thread kidnapping is kind of Dumb and also Not Good and generally just results in the twelve imp zone posters that still exist rushing to make the same joke fifteen times

perhaps we should extricate threads out of imp zone instead

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Dragon Age: Inquisition

it's increasingly filling with people that unironically like DA2 and I think that makes it full of comedy potential

also I want to get Snakes n' Cakes to post in Imp Zone

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Thread is full of anime avatars what did you expect?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A good and agreeable point.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

im going to make a Real Post and say thread kidnapping is kind of Dumb and also Not Good and generally just results in the twelve imp zone posters that still exist rushing to make the same joke fifteen times

perhaps we should extricate threads out of imp zone instead

Extricate yourself out of here tyia

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
my vote is smash bros or one of the MMO threads

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zen death robot posted:

So like the one time it happened where the Star Citizen posters just lurked the forum for a day posting on their offsite? Yes, good example there.
i dont pay attention to anything star citizen related because ive never had major head trauma

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zen death robot posted:

So how do you explain all the other bad posts you make?
i said major

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Endorph posted:

True but on the other hand the thread was bad to begin with so I'm fine with both making GBS threads it up and mocking it. There were a lot of unfunny shitposts but a few gems in the SC thread while it was here (and it got better once it was sent back to Games because the regulars started posting again)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

well yeah but you can just make the perilous journey to games if you want to threadshit

all moving to impzone does is make the threadshits the only thing that exists which kind of ruins the point of threadshitting

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Move the largest, most active thread.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

If it was a real kidnapping, there would be a ransom

Dec 26, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

Move the largest, most active thread.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

And move the largest, most active thread here to the Garbage bin. [The dota thread]

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

No Such Thing posted:

oh I forgot to mention that the ransom would be that there would need to be a certain amount of forum posts from thread regulars to get it back

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kewpuh posted:

oh I forgot to mention that the ransom would be that there would need to be a certain amount of forum posts from thread regulars to get it back
would just posting 'gas' 1000 times count

for real tho since you're here and all im not sure using imp zone to try and force 'good' posting or as punishment for weird + bad posts or whatever is a good idea

sending a thread from a subforum with 1500 + active users at any given time to a subforum with 50+ just makes the thread die for a little bit

why not just hand out probations or whatever

i mean i realize youre kinda scared to hit that probation button else we get back to the dystopian hellhole that was the axemaniac era but sometimes just going 'hey don't make that post' sends a clearer message than anything else

like i don't really understand what you as a mod get out of this, or what it encourages besides the imp zone circlejerk

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

No Such Thing posted:

the ransom would have to be well thought out though and be something that forced thread regulars to participate

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
kidnap DA:I and don't send it back until we get X amount of 5 paragraph essays from thread regulars about how DA2 is actually a good game is what I'm saying

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

And move the largest, most active thread here to the Garbage bin. [The dota thread]

I think we'd just be swapping dota threads then.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

i dunno if the dragon age thread gets that many posts but i also havent really looked at it. the smash bros one is currently pretty loving stupid with all the samus underwear poo poo and the 3ds version doesnt come out until october so its not really a huge disruption. dunno any other threads besides the obvious idiotic dota 2 thread

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Kewpuh posted:

i dunno if the dragon age thread gets that many posts but i also havent really looked at it. the smash bros one is currently pretty loving stupid with all the samus underwear poo poo and the 3ds version doesnt come out until october so its not really a huge disruption. dunno any other threads besides the obvious idiotic dota 2 thread

Whichever thread generated the most reports today.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Pewdiepie posted:

Whichever thread generated the most reports today.

that would be a tie i think between the eve online thread and the marvel heroes thread

The Gloaming got reported like 8 times for being insane and Hobocrunch got reports several times for complaining about getting kicked out of a goon guild so there you go

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Kewpuh posted:

that would be a tie i think between the eve online thread and the marvel heroes thread

The Gloaming got reported like 8 times for being insane and Hobocrunch got reports several times for complaining about getting kicked out of a goon guild so there you go

do it.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
why does sa still have an eve thread, isn't goonsquad all offsite now?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

the threads themselves arent bad though so picking threads based on reports doesnt really do much

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Except the Dota 2 thread is already worse than Imp Zone and probably has more posters to boot.

Maybe you can get SkyTHRITEENlaser probated again but last time those two worlds collided it just ended up with more Dota2 chat in here.

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

why does sa still have an eve thread, isn't goonsquad all offsite now?

people who aren't in goonsquad post there also

e: the ksp thread would have been good back when modstatistics was a thing

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

dota 2 thread is tricky because zooloo posts a lot in it and i dont really want to gently caress with that. currently imo the opportunity is there to get the most potential out of smash bros thread unless anyone has more ideas. theres obviously no rush so you guys can talk about it some more for another day or something

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kewpuh fears mods

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Endorph posted:

kewpuh fears mods

zooloo keeps me from having to ever read a single post in the dota thread so this my way of thanking him

Dec 26, 2012

i have to imagine smash bros would be funnier because something about that game makes it nearly impossible to have a sane conversation about it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kewpuh fears mods

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

also better ideas for ransom besides a post count would be cool too like maybe some kind of idiotic game challenge or some other poo poo i dunno

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

DA:I thread would be better right around the time it gets released, let's not do that yet

I know in my heart that you're right but it's hard to delay gratification like that

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
wtf happened in the marvel heroes thread

did iron man get nerfed or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Kewpuh posted:

dota 2 thread is tricky because zooloo posts a lot in it and i dont really want to gently caress with that. currently imo the opportunity is there to get the most potential out of smash bros thread unless anyone has more ideas. theres obviously no rush so you guys can talk about it some more for another day or something

We've got the cure for the Samus discussion adn it is more Samus pictures. The thread two days agow as just a test run.

• Locked thread